• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Divisional |OT| Don't Call It A Comeback

Bowser

How is hating cheaters irrational?

tumblr_mongg9WZrk1qg10guo4_r1_500.gif

or

443886152.gif

Take your pick. I don't care what you think.

squicken

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...t-cleveland-browns-brass-likes-johnny-manziel

I'm a bit higher on Manziel as a player than I was a while ago, but they need to hit a home run with the coach and OC to put him in position to succeed. I still think he's supremely immature, and I have a hard time imagining the locker room getting behind him.

Thanks. I definitely agree that he is not a Turner kind of QB. Same as Arians, he likes the big dues. Supposedly so does BoB. I do agree that having the draft pick be a pre-condition to taking the job isn't the best move, but we'll see. Jags moved late in the process last year and seem to have landed a good coach

Bowser

Thanks. I definitely agree that he is not a Turner kind of QB. Same as Arians, he likes the big dues. Supposedly so does BoB. I do agree that having the draft pick be a pre-condition to taking the job isn't the best move, but we'll see. Jags moved late in the process last year and seem to have landed a good coach

While I like that Shula pulled back on Chud's crazy playcalling idiosyncrasies, I feel like he went too far the other way. I kind of wish we could get Norv in as OC now, but after a 12-4 season along with Rivera being a loyal guy, I don't see that happening.

eznark

Banned
Don't forget Kevin Costner!

Also I am with ez on cats sucking. At least compared to dogs. I will say that they are better pets than fish and giant snakes that will strangle you when asleep.

I almost wrote Kevin Costner as well but I wanted to see if anyone would mention it.

I love you too, bionic.

squicken

While I like that Shula pulled back on Chud's crazy playcalling idiosyncrasies, I feel like he went too far the other way. I kind of wish we could get Norv in as OC now, but after a 12-4 season along with Rivera being a loyal guy, I don't see that happening.

What I always liked about Chud was that he adapted. I know CAR fans think he ran too much, but I liked that he ran one type of offense with Derek Anderson and another w/Cam. What I worry about with Norv is that he is too married to his system. They just passed WAY too much last year in CLE. I know Shula isn't too respected league wide, but the skill talent there is pretty poor.

The Rams do this crap too, and just like the Rams, the biggest think I'd like to see from CAR is just shut the fuck up with all the yapping. It's so unpleasant to watch. Rams were unwatchable at times b/c of it. It's fake tough guy stuff

Patriots pass catchers vs. Broncos secondary is what happens when the very resistible force meets the completely movable object.

squicken said:
What I always liked about Chud was that he adapted. I know CAR fans think he ran too much, but I liked that he ran one type of offense with Derek Anderson and another w/Cam. What I worry about with Norv is that he is too married to his system. They just passed WAY too much last year in CLE. I know Shula isn't too respected league wide, but the skill talent there is pretty poor.

The Rams do this crap too, and just like the Rams, the biggest think I'd like to see from CAR is just shut the fuck up with all the yapping. It's so unpleasant to watch. Rams were unwatchable at times b/c of it. It's fake tough guy stuff

Ran too much? Sometimes Chud forgot there were running backs on the roster.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So Whisenhunt may choose Tennessee over Detroit.

If that happens, rumors are Munchak would be the Lions coach and I'd lose any glimmer of hope for this franchise over the next 5 years.

Shoosh, you guys are making me miss Home Improvement.

I'm trying to think what my favorite Costner movie is.... Probably Wyatt Earp though I have a soft spot for The War (granted, more of an Elijah movie). I enjoyed him as Robin Hood as well.

The NFC Conference Finals....ugh. The good news is a shit evil team will guarantee lose. The bad news is a shit evil team will guarantee win. Who's most likely to smite the ultimate evil in the SB? Broncos? Go Broncos! The Broncos will be the people's ultimate champion as they will smite the Patriots along the way as a bonus.

Wes

venison crêpe
OBR snowballing with regards to Gase to the Browns. Something said on a local radio show or something? I know nothing about him. I thought Peyton was the OC in Denver.

eznark

Banned
He's talked of potentially running and he has been more active in the scene the last two years.

wow i thought you were trying to insult me here but there really is a fucking thing called that.

I've convinced myself that the theme song is really great. If that facade ever goes away I will probably blow my brains out just to get it to stop.

Nameless

I like Andrew Luck but I can tell the media is going to change that. He's the new darling Golden Boy QB who's successes are overblown and struggles are glossed over. It's incredible.If Kaep turned the ball over like Luck in the playoffs the national narrative would be questioning if he belonged in the league.

Luck is the Randy Orton of the NFL. Handpicked by The Authority to be face of the company.

Tenumi

Banned
So Whisenhunt may choose Tennessee over Detroit.

If that happens, rumors are Munchak would be the Lions coach and I'd lose any glimmer of hope for this franchise over the next 5 years.

Source? Haven't seen anything like that. All I've seen is using Tennessee as leverage for a better contract.

Top Bottom