• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Divisional |OT| Don't Call It A Comeback

Narag

Your a classy one, aren't you?

Why can NFLGAF get away with stuff like this? Do mods really not care if you insult members in here. I'm sure I've seen people tell others to kill themselves in here without any repremand.

It's mostly tongue-in-cheek friendly shit talk that no one takes too seriously. Obviously it gets out of hand sometimes like Dutch wanting to hatefuck Vilam but it's mostly harmless.

"Trash talk" as you guys call it doesn't consist of mentally damaging statements. I've faced more than my fair share of attacks on me, mentally and physically, in my life. You guys have no idea how hard it is to get up and live some days.

To me, statements like that cross a line that shouldn't be crossed. Would you really want somebody's blood on your hands if your statement is the last straw that pushes them past the point of no return?

I completely understand that this is a Competitive sport. But now more than ever, mental health is a major issue that needs to be spotlighted. The simplest changes in speech can make a difference.
Please don't kill yourself kas.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Iraqiinfominister. Jpeg

Or you could actually check the flight aware site that all Lions fans have been checking all day and see that the private plane never left Detroit.

Please, don't let facts get in the way, though.

Tenumi

Banned
Or you could actually check the flight aware site that all Lions fans have been checking all day and see that the private plane never left Detroit.

Please, don't let facts get in the way, though.

I posted a link to it earlier that should work. But yeah, facts and stuff.

Dragon

Banned
"Trash talk" as you guys call it doesn't consist of mentally damaging statements. I've faced more than my fair share of attacks on me, mentally and physically, in my life. You guys have no idea how hard it is to get up and live some days.

To me, statements like that cross a line that shouldn't be crossed. Would you really want somebody's blood on your hands if your statement is the last straw that pushes them past the point of no return?

I completely understand that this is a Competitive sport. But now more than ever, mental health is a major issue that needs to be spotlighted. The simplest changes in speech can make a difference.

I would never dissuade someone from posting here, but as someone who is fairly sensitive myself, I'd recommend staying out of this thread if this is the way you're going to react to a throwaway comment.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Damn I feel terrible for Caldwell right now.

Basically a token minority candidate who they now have to take seriously. Fuck I hope he takes the job and succeeds cause that's fucked up. He took the time to watch every single throw of Stafford's and knows what needs to be fixed.

If Whisenhunt and guys like Munchak who haven't won shit get 2nd or 3rd chances, why shouldn't Caldwell.

And on that note glad to have Lurie owning the Eagles. Yeah we haven't won but by all accounts he stays out of the way, spends the money, and generally is very thorough with his hires.

I know in the Reid days many DC candidates who wanted to interview in Philly after JJ passed away, were turned off by Reid's insistence on running a 4-3. Of course he goes to KC and runs a 3-4 now. Moral of the story? Fuck a Reid.

Agreed. Never thought about this angle before. He must feel terrible.

eznark

Banned
Tenumi said:
Your a classy one, aren't you?

Why can NFLGAF get away with stuff like this? Do mods really not care if you insult members in here. I'm sure I've seen people tell others to kill themselves in here without any repremand.

Heavens To Betsy an insult? I think I've got the vapors. The vapors!

cajunator

Banned
So I just got back from watching two movies.

First was Saving Mr Banks. The disney movie about the Mary Poppins creator. Pretty good. Typical Disney fare but Tom Hanks did an excellent Walt Disney impression. Even had a recording of the actual author arguing with the movie writers so you could see just how accurate her bitchiness in the movie was lol.

Second was The Lone Survivor. That was a pretty graphic, intense movie. Amazing how quickly everything went to shit and what MArcus went through. Hes actually in the movie at the beginning. Overall two good movies I would recommend seeing if youve got the time (like 4 hours worth)

Oh and I guess yay squeeball

Konka

Banned
Heavens To Betsy an insult? I think I've got the vapors. The vapors!

120511.03.jpg

Tenumi

Banned
I would never dissuade someone from posting here, but as someone who is fairly sensitive myself, I'd recommend staying out of this thread if this is the way you're going to react to a throwaway comment.

I'm debating it. Trust me, I like the NFL. I like talking about it, and football in general. I could spend days dissecting a game play by play. But I have documented issues with depression, anxiety, and stress. I've tried to push through it, but sometimes, its hard to picture the future.

I don't want anybody to ever deal with what I'm dealing with. If this is my last post in NFLGAF, so be it. I do think that everyone here has passion and heart. I've seen that myself now. I wouldn't wish anything bad on anyone here.

May the Super Bowl be entertaining, and the offseason the way it should be: messy and full of misinformation.

So I just got back from watching two movies.

First was Saving Mr Banks. The disney movie about the Mary Poppins creator. Pretty good. Typical Disney fare but Tom Hanks did an excellent Walt Disney impression. Even had a recording of the actual author arguing with the movie writers so you could see just how accurate her bitchiness in the movie was lol.

Second was The Lone Soldier. That was a pretty graphic, intense movie. Amazing how quickly everything went to shit and what MArcus went through. Hes actually in the movie at the beginning. Overall two good movies I would recommend seeing if youve got the time (like 4 hours worth)

Oh and I guess yay squeeball

I'm assuming they didn't reveal anything negative about Walt?

I'm debating it. Trust me, I like the NFL. I like talking about it, and football in general. I could spend days dissecting a game play by play. But I have documented issues with depression, anxiety, and stress. I've tried to push through it, but sometimes, its hard to picture the future.

I don't want anybody to ever deal with what I'm dealing with. If this is my last post in NFLGAF, so be it. I do think that everyone here has passion and heart. I've seen that myself now. I wouldn't wish anything bad on anyone here.

May the Super Bowl be entertaining, and the offseason the way it should be: messy and full of misinformation.

No need to leave, if you don't push anyone they'll leave you alone, everyone that shit talks knows the other person takes it and gives it back just as well.

squicken

So that one year defines Caldwell? I'm not too familiar with him, outside of knowing he had a great couple years in Indy before Peyton got hurt. He's generally viewed as a bad playcaller?

In Indy, and I feel the same way about all thse people getting credit in Denver, it's silly to give anyone credit for making a Peyton Manning offense work. But the year when he was hurt, they were bottom of the barrel dreadful.

He got some credit for changing BAL's offense last year after they fired Cameron, but the criticism returned this year when BAL's offense floundered. idk it's pretty uninspiring, and they clearly wanted Whiz. Caldwell, if they hire him, is the second/third choice

Honestly if being a fan of the Lions hasn't killed off kastrioti yet, the phrase "Get fucked" won't do shit.

This is probably true. A man who has seen 0-16 could probably live through anything.

Tenumi, I get the sentiment, but all the regulars here know the deal. We joke, we tease, we shit-talk, it's fun. Kas certainly knows that. It's all fun though.

I consider all of you my bros, even the confused and misguided Pats fans.

i think you just need to not take things so seriously from people over the internet. we're all here to have a good time and part of that fun is trolling people and being trolled by people

squicken

It's resolved. Let's be nice. Be nice you fucks!

@ESPNNFL "When you think about Peyton, you think about numbers. When you think about Brady, you think championships" - Ray Lewis

Not surprising a double murderer feels kinship with the Pats

Hunter S.

Too many personalities and shitty teams to not have a wide degree of trash talk. You can always take a break, or not come back if the negativity gets too much. Freedom to trash talk, or not to trash talk.

cajunator

Banned
I'm assuming they didn't reveal anything negative about Walt?

No need to leave, if you don't push anyone they'll leave you alone, everyone that shit talks knows the other person takes it and gives it back just as well.

Nope nothing really negative.

*hugs

Top Bottom