• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Divisional |OT| Don't Call It A Comeback

Doorman

Just got home from work a little while ago. WELL...this is going to be an exciting day of sports radio in Detroit tomorrow, listening to Lions PR try to spin this as anything other than a failure to get the guy they wanted.

I wasn't sold on Wiz being the savior of the franchise, as far as prospect goes I put him and Caldwell on pretty even footing, but none of the candidates they've brought in feel particularly impressive or even interesting. I'd be more curious about bringing in a college hotshot than a few former head coaches that lost their teams. Hell at this point I'd almost rather pick up Munchak, just so that I can parade around yelling "Coach Munch!" for the next three-ish years.

As for the boo-hoo bullying and trash talk issue, I tend not to put much stock in it nor do I take part in it. Generally the people that receive the most shit are the ones that throw themselves out there the most in similar fashion, so don't dish it out unless you know you can take it.

Either way I think it's put best by my fellow poster here:

I hate everyone equally so fuck all of you.

Greg

You're still a lil dude
UUQuOaT.png

In Indy, and I feel the same way about all thse people getting credit in Denver, it's silly to give anyone credit for making a Peyton Manning offense work. But the year when he was hurt, they were bottom of the barrel dreadful.

He got some credit for changing BAL's offense last year after they fired Cameron, but the criticism returned this year when BAL's offense floundered. idk it's pretty uninspiring, and they clearly wanted Whiz. Caldwell, if they hire him, is the second/third choice

To be fair, Baltimore didn't have many weapons for Flacco to use, and he's not that great of a QB to begin with. Their fall from grace seems inevitable.

cdyhybrid

To be fair, Baltimore didn't have many weapons for Flacco to use, and he's not that great of a QB to begin with. Their fall from grace seems inevitable.

Only so much you can do when your O-line goes to shit, too.

Trust me, I've watched it happen to my team this season.

No. I'm of average height.

The average size for an adult female American alligator is 8.2 feet (2.6 m), and the average size for a male is 11.2 feet.

Damn.

Edit: Nevermind found the right chart for gata:

Young alligators grow 3–8 in (7.6–20 cm) a year and reach adulthood at 6 ft (1.8 m)

Not there yet gata.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The average size for an adult female American alligator is 8.2 feet (2.6 m), and the average size for a male is 11.2 feet.

Damn.

Edit: Nevermind found the right chart for gata:

Young alligators grow 3–8 in (7.6–20 cm) a year and reach adulthood at 6 ft (1.8 m)

Not there yet gata.

...are about 1.5-1.8 m (5-6 feet) in diameter and average 0.5 m (20 in) in height

Mrbob

Just got home from work a little while ago. WELL...this is going to be an exciting day of sports radio in Detroit tomorrow, listening to Lions PR try to spin this as anything other than a failure to get the guy they wanted.

I wasn't sold on Wiz being the savior of the franchise, as far as prospect goes I put him and Caldwell on pretty even footing, but none of the candidates they've brought in feel particularly impressive or even interesting. I'd be more curious about bringing in a college hotshot than a few former head coaches that lost their teams. Hell at this point I'd almost rather pick up Munchak, just so that I can parade around yelling "Coach Munch!" for the next three-ish years.

As for the boo-hoo bullying and trash talk issue, I tend not to put much stock in it nor do I take part in it. Generally the people that receive the most shit are the ones that throw themselves out there the most in similar fashion, so don't dish it out unless you know you can take it.

Forget the USA. Gotta jump to Canada and poach your own QB whisperer from the CFL.

Doorman

Who cares about weapons? Flacco is still young, and he has an amazing cannon-arm, and makes a shitload of money and will be a franchise quarterback for years to come! Right? Right?

Why do I feel like I've heard this before somewhere? Must be my imagination.

Forget the USA. Gotta jump to Canada and poach your own QB whisperer from the CFL.
Sold! As a bonus, they're right across the border, so we could just send a bus or something to pick him up rather than that useless team plane.

Mrbob

Greg, why haven't you joined the PS Plus Master Race?

I'm gonna grab that and a few other games. It's a steam like sale

Steam sales have sucked lately. PSN Plus is the new Steam.

Sold! As a bonus, they're right across the border, so we could just send a bus or something to pick him up rather than that useless team plane.

He might forget that you also need a defense to win but he'll fix the offense!

Narag

Bah. I was all ready to plunk down $9 bucks for Killzone Mercenary on the Vita and then I realized the sale doesn't start till tomorrow.

That's how I was with Xillia. Bought a $20 card, used the PS+ card I wasn't sure I wanted to use or not, then welp, guess i'll do it tomorrow.

and then you got me excited before I looked it up to find the PSpeasant price is 18 bucks
How do you not have Plus, Greg? Seriously. It pays for itself.

I got Puppeteer for 17 like a week and a half ago. Sort of pissed now since I could have had it for $7.:)

Godslay

Banned
We are all friends in here, at least as much as the Internet and this format allows, Tenumi. Don't take the trash talk seriously. IF it goes too far the Mods or one of us usually call it out. I'm not trying to downplay how you feel but it's definitely a lockerroom atmosphere, which isn't for everyone. All the sports threads one like this to one degree or another.

In football news heard Denver and NE both have lost 7 starters this year. Guess neither team can use it as an excuse.

slabrock

Banned
I only stepped into the off topic community side of neogaf a week or two ago. The NFL threads seem to be a community within a community with the rules and stuff

Konka

Banned
We are all friends in here, at least as much as the Internet and this format allows, Tenumi. Don't take the trash talk seriously. IF it goes too far the Mods or one of us usually call it out. I'm not trying to downplay how you feel but it's definitely a lockerroom atmosphere, which isn't for everyone. All the sports threads one like this to one degree or another.

In football news heard Denver and NE both have lost 7 starters this year. Guess neither team can use it as an excuse.

Well, Gronk is worth at least 7 starters.

I only stepped into the off topic community side of neogaf a week or two ago. The NFL threads seem to be a community within a community with rules and stuff

We were once proudly stickier at the top of the off topic. They put us here, what can you expect.

Exokell

Banned
Why the fuck are guys on gata's balls all the time. We have tons of laker fans that aren't from Cali or LA on NBA thread. Nobody gives them shit there.

Top Bottom