• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Divisional |OT| Don't Call It A Comeback

ShaneB

My wife got me an autographed Jamaal Charles football for my birthday! She doesn't usually get me football stuff, but the auction was for St. Jude's so she felt good about it.

My Chiefs basement/man cave is almost complete.

Happy Birthday dear friend :)

I'm worried about that too, I didn't know the books were that old....

Yeah, I have zero interest in reading book 4 and 5 and waiting 4 or 5 years until the next one comes out, if it ever does. I'm satisfied with where Storm of Swords ends off.

mr2xxx

Banned
I've always been a Jay Gruden guy but I think you should be happy. Dude knows how to use his talent - he's given a decidedly average Andy Dalton a career and 3 straight playoff appearances. RGIII needs a guy who will be firm with him. Whether or not he can do that on a Snyder owned team is anyone's guess, but in principle it was a great fit.

Hopefully he will be a great HC. But at the moment there is too many question marks on this team. With Jay, did he get the best out of Dalton and did he put his team in the best position offensively. Also we've retained a lot of our staff like Haz as the DC, Allen as GM and plenty of others. The issue that everyone had was that Shanny micromanaged everything, now all these guys that didn't prove anything are finally given the rope to hang themselves or possibly succeed.

Bowser

gt3ALr6.png

Guess who's gonna go see Cam get his first playoff win in person?

This guy.

I'm happy we didn't hire a retread, but I'm lukewarm on Jay Gruden. Would have preferred Zimmer as HC with a young guy brought in as OC. Really I am not happy with keeping Haslett and Morris around mostly.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Guess who's gonna go see Cam get his first playoff win in person?

This guy.

I hope you guys win, the Panthers are the least awful NFC team left.

I'm hoping for a Panthers vs. Colts/Broncos Super Bowl. No strong feelings at all about that!

Bowser

Shouldn't you blur out the barcode?

Think it'd be hard to duplicate from that pic, but better safe than sorry!

Thanks guys, I'm super excited. Nosebleeds but the atmosphere should be rocking. First playoff game in 5 years, crowd should be amped.

mr2xxx

Banned
I'm happy we didn't hire a retread, but I'm lukewarm on Jay Gruden. Would have preferred Zimmer as HC with a young guy brought in as OC. Really I am not happy with keeping Haslett and Morris around mostly.

Yep, Hass and Morris are two guys who haven't proven anything but are still given another chance. If they don't improve the D immensely then they will take Jay down and the rest of the staff, then we'll look forward to another restructure with Snyder at the helm. Fuck.

Fantomex

Finally some GM news:

Peterson (long time friend of Ross) will be part of interview process but won't be part of team once it's over

New GM will have control over 53 man roster and selecting players for draft/FA

GM will report only to Ross

Pretty much takes over for Ireland, including not having to report to Philbin or Aponte which is great news actually.

Awesome news! I hope we hire someone who is a great talent evaluator. Say what you eill, but Jimmy Johnson was probably the best talent evaluator we have ever had. Can't we hire his old regime or something?

Bowser

Bay Area Writer Grant Cohn: Kap vs Cam = Simple vs Complex

If the 49ers are a “Bob,” the Panthers are a “Roberto.”

For the most part, the 49ers and Panthers are the same team: Excellent, hard-hitting defenses. Quarterbacks who run and throw. Offenses built around running the ball. And coaches who are the sons of coaches – football brats. Jim Harbaugh is the son of Jack Harbaugh, the former college coach. And the Panthers’ offensive coordinator, Mike Shula, is the son of Don Shula, the Hall of Fame head coach.

The difference between Bob and Roberto – the “erto” – is the difference between Jim and Mike. Jim and Mike coach the passing game differently. Jim coaches a simplified passing game and Mike coaches a complicated passing game. The “erto” is a synonym for complicated.

More at the link. Great read about the differences in the 49ers and Panthers offensive philosophies.

The punch line?

And Newton doesn’t need great receivers – he doesn’t have any. Kaepernick does. Kaepernick needs Michael Crabtree and Anquan Boldin and Vernon Davis, or else the other team can double-cover Kaepernick’s primary receiver, and then Kaepernick is out of options.

Awesome news! I hope we hire someone who is a great talent evaluator. Say what you eill, but Jimmy Johnson was probably the best talent evaluator we have ever had. Can't we hire his old regime or something?

I wouldn't mind bringing some of his people in some capacity, he put together the last good dolphin team we've had lol

squicken

Bay Area Writer Grant Cohn: Kap vs Cam = Simple vs Complex

More at the link. Great read about the differences in the 49ers and Panthers offensive philosophies.

The punch line?

Trent Dilfer, who played for Shula when Shula was the Buccaneers’ offensive coordinator from 1996 to 1999 and currently is an analyst for ESPN, recently told a Bay Area radio station there are no progressions in the 49ers’ passing game. “They’re calling a play for a defense, for a player and, if that play is called wrong, that second, third, fourth option isn’t going to get the ball very often. They don’t have the type of offensive structure and Colin isn’t the type of quarterback that there are five eligible receivers and anyone can get the ball.”

Harbaugh control freak or doesn't trust Kap?

get an autographed alex jersey

I have an autographed Priest Holmes one. I'll pick up the Alex jersey when he wins us our first playoff game in two decades.

Pics?? There aren't a lot of basements here in So Cal so I'll eventually have to get a house with an extra room (from whatever amount I need)

Will do once I get everything set up.

Still not as lean as those backwoods hillbilly pot smoking midwestern Coloradans.

Living in Colorado, it's true that people are generally more outdoorsy and into fitness here. Still, it's embarrassing when our healthiest state still has almost a fifth of its population obese.

Happy Birthday dear friend :)

Thanks! You'll be joining me on the 33 train soon?

Harbaugh control freak or doesn't trust Kap?

lol of course it's cohn aka the harbaugh/49er hater. if anyone truly believes this they are idiots. i would love to see us win the superbowl just so i could see his reaction. "well the 49ers won the superbowl... IN SPITE of harbaugh and kap"

Hasn't there been talk for a while now that Kap doesn't do more than half-field reads, at max?

how would anyone but kap and the 49ers know what the direction on any given play is? people wonder why guys like kyle williams and marlon moore and jon baldwin didn't tear it up for us while crabtree was out. there was a reason, and it wasn't kap

squicken

lol of course it's cohn aka the harbaugh/49er hater. if anyone truly believes this they are idiots. i would love to see us win the superbowl just so i could see his reaction. "well the 49ers won the superbowl... IN SPITE of harbaugh and kap"

But it's Dilfer's quote, though Dilfer loves Alex

Top Bottom