• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Divisional |OT| Don't Call It A Comeback

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
But HoFlynn

rHl91E7.jpg

Thinking of buying these with the PS+ sale going on:
Vita:

Killzone: Mercenary $9.00
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time PS Vita $6.75
Velocity Ultra Vita $2.00
Worms Revolution Extreme $3.75

Bold are for sure, any opinions on the others?
Sly Cooper is a solid 3D platformer in the style of PS2-era 3D platformers. It won't blow your mind or anything but if you are a fan of that style of game it'll give you some solid enjoyment.

Velocity Ultra is so good... sooooooo good. I highly recommend that game to anyone.

jakncoke

Banned
Would a good HS coach even take the job?

Im sure they would. Chud was the lowest paid head coach last year according to this site and that was still 2 million salary. Even under the best of circumstances being a teacher+coach salary any top HS head coach salary would be under 150k. Not to mention the chance to coach in the nfl even if it being a shit franchise got to be prestigious to them. I can imagine a few declining but Im sure most would jump

http://coacheshotseat.com/NFLCoachesSalaries.htm

I think we should all collectively coach the browns from gaf,

Sly Cooper is a solid 3D platformer in the style of PS2-era 3D platformers. It won't blow your mind or anything but if you are a fan of that style of game it'll give you some solid enjoyment.

Velocity Ultra is so good... sooooooo good. I highly recommend that game to anyone.

Hows the re-playability?

cajunator was right about Popeye's, I see no reason not to trust him on other products of the deep south.

Hows the re-playability?
Which game? Sly has about a million little trinkets and collectible things to find so if your'e into that you'll have plenty to do after the credits roll. Velocity has a ton of replayability because it grades your performance on each mission (most of them are fairly short) and you can improve things like your time and how many survivors you collected. If you're into going for perfect runs on score-based games there is a lot to do there.

cajunator

Banned
No, Peyton Manning got the Colts to a Super Bowl. Caldwell is nothing without him.

I know. I was just joking. Kind of. Caldwell still had the team around Peyton ready to win games.

Being right about Popeyes was as easy to predict as the Dolphins missing the playoffs next year. I love Cajun, but anyone could have guessed that. I mean look at this stuff.

popeyes.png

lol. It wasnt a prediction but yeah their food is godtier for a fast food place. Actually I might get some tonight at work to get me through the first shift.

bionic77

cajunator was right about Popeye's, I see no reason not to trust him on other products of the deep south.
cajun?

We all told you how awesome Popeyes was. I think the only person who disagreed was Gata who apparently doesn't like Popeyes or Chick Fil A and honestly for him it is par for the course.

Lions fans are we really sure that Whisenhunt is a better coach than Caldwell? I personally think the Wiz could be a good head coach with the right GM but Caldwell only seems to have succeeded wherever he went. It was kind of shitty for the Colts to fire him right after the Peyton injury and tank. Lets not forget his greatest accomplishment, getting Birdo a SB ring and also netting him 120 million and making him the premier pizza salesperson in the country.

Not sure how good Caldwell is but anyone is a improvement over Schwartz. You could make the magic 8 ball the head coach and the Lions would win 2 more games next year.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
http://www.chron.com/news/article/Judge-nixes-preliminary-approval-of-765M-NFL-case-5141945.php?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Judge nixes preliminary approval of $765M NFL case settlement

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A federal judge denied preliminary approval of a $765 million settlement of NFL concussion claims, fearing it may not be enough to cover 20,000 retired players.

U.S. District Judge Anita B. Brody asked for more financial information from the parties, a week after players' lawyers filed a detailed payout plan for her review.

"I am primarily concerned that not all retired NFL football players who ultimately receive a qualifying diagnosis or their (families) ... will be paid," Brody wrote in a 12-page opinion filed Tuesday morning.

The proposed settlement, negotiated over several months, is designed to last at least 65 years.

The awards would vary based on an ex-player's age and diagnosis. A younger retiree with Lou Gehrig's disease would get $5 million, those with serious dementia cases would get $3 million and an 80-year-old with early dementia would get $25,000.

Some critics have argued that the NFL, with more than $9 billion in annual revenues, was getting away lightly. But the players' lawyers said they will face huge challenges just to get the case to trial. They would have to prove the injuries were linked to the players' NFL service and should not be handled through league arbitration.

Layn R. Phillips, a former federal judge from California hired by Brody to lead settlement negotiations, had called the deal fair.

The NFL would also pay an additional $112 million to the players' lawyers for their fees and expenses, for a total payout of nearly $900 million.

More than 4,500 former players have filed suit, some accusing the league of fraud for its handling of concussions. They include former Dallas Cowboys running back Tony Dorsett and Super Bowl-winning quarterback Jim McMahon, who suffers from dementia.

uh oh...

MechDX

You know, when you put it like that it really does seem like he planned it this way from the start.

My guess is Peyton will be the owner of the Titans soon after he retires. Adam's left the team to his daughters who have no interest of owning it. Talk is they will sell nin a couple more years.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Teryl Austin, Ravens LB coach, to be Lions DC.

Rumors that Clyde Christensen, QB coach for Colts, or the OC at Rutgers will be Lions OC.

Sunday Ticket = canceled.

Red Zone only for me next year.

Tenumi

Banned

Rumors that Clyde Christensen, QB coach for Colts, or the OC at Rutgers will be Lions OC.

DB Coach, not LB coach. I kind of like that one, I can see some potential there.

Who knows how this will go. For all we know, we could have a Lions/Titans Super Bowl next year. That'd be quite a story.

BigAT

Yeah, reading a lot that Ron Prince is leaving to be the Lions OC.

Top Bottom