• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Divisional |OT| Don't Call It A Comeback

beast786

TheManyFacesAndEmotionsOfJimCaldwell.jpg

bilde

Tamanon

Banned
Vikings and Browns should still be open. I assume one is grabbing McDaniels and the other Del Rio.

Actually, Denver's defense has kinda sucked this year, so Del Rio might have to go to college instead.

Bowser

He said the Browns were the only team yet to hire a head coach.

He correct himself literally 90 seconds later:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 26m
Check that: Vikings and Browns last teams with HC openings. Mike Zimmer meeting with Vikings today. Jim Caldwell hired in Detroit.

MechDX

He correct himself literally 90 seconds later:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 26m
Check that: Vikings and Browns last teams with HC openings. Mike Zimmer meeting with Vikings today. Jim Caldwell hired in Detroit.

I still don't get why the Vikings are looking at a defensive minded HC with all the issues they have at QB.

Carolina Panthers ‏@Panthers 7m
Gettleman closed out press conference by praising former GM Marty Hurney: "He has a lot to be proud of. He left us with a heck of a core."

On the one hand, he did draft Cam, Kuechly, Hardy, CJ, Davis, both running backs, Gross, Kalil, Wharton, Captain, and he fleeced the Bears for Olsen.

On the other hand, lololololololololololol

Colasante

I still don't get why the Vikings are looking at a defensive minded HC with all the issues they have at QB.

They're in a division with Rodgers, Stafford, and Cutler. Stopping them should be more of a priority than being able to outscore them, in my opinion. Despite having Cassel, Ponder and Freeman this season, the Vikings offense actually wasn't terrible, at least statistically. With a more competent QB and another developmental offseason for Patterson, they should be fine on offense.

Despite the issues at QB the team didn't have issues getting points on the board. They lost a SURPRISING number of games by one TD or less. On top of that a lot of those were lost on last minute defensive collapses.

Off the top of my head, Browns, Bears, Ravens, Packers, and Cowboys were all games that were lost due to having zero defense on a final drive.

With a slightly improved defense the Vikings could have been at minimum a .500 team. It's embarrassing.

MechDX

Despite the issues at QB the team didn't have issues getting points on the board. They lost a SURPRISING number of games by one TD or less. On top of that a lot of those were lost on last minute defensive collapses.

Off the top of my head, Browns, Bears, Ravens, Packers, and Cowboys were all games that were lost due to having zero defense on a final drive.

With a slightly improved defense the Vikings could have been at minimum a .500 team. It's embarrassing.

Didn't realize that, thanks.

Colasante

Browns should go for broke and win the sweepstakes and hire a high school head coach.

This situation is rather pathetic for the Browns at this point. I can't remember a head coaching vacancy being this noxious before. The only way I see them getting out of this looking good is if they wooed Gus Malzahn, which is probably impossible.

With Caldwell gone I really hope the Ravens don't promote from within. We need a fresh face and ideas for this offense. I have no idea who that could be but in Ozzie we trust.

squicken

It's telling that with all the rah rah Twitter types, no one has said "great hire" on the Caldwell thing. Maybe that's good?

This situation is rather pathetic for the Browns at this point. I can't remember a head coaching vacancy being this noxious before. The only way I see them getting out of this looking good is if they wooed Gus Malzahn, which is probably impossible.

Sure seems like no one wants it. I just really thought they had their guy when they fired Chud. Now it seems like he or Norv will go to BAL to be OC. Double the pain for CLE

Thinking of buying these with the PS+ sale going on:

PS3
ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition $5.00
Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut (Cross Buy) $5.24
Puppeteer $7.00
Rain $3.75
Tales of Xillia $10.00

Thomas Was Alone (Cross Buy) $2.509

Vita:

Killzone: Mercenary $9.00
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time PS Vita $6.75
Velocity Ultra Vita $2.00
Worms Revolution Extreme $3.75

Bold are for sure, any opinions on the others?

PS3
ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition $5.00
Puppeteer $7.00
Rain $3.75
Tales of Xillia $10.00

Vita:

Enslaved is worth $5

It's telling that with all the rah rah Twitter types, no one has said "great hire" on the Caldwell thing. Maybe that's good?

Sure seems like no one wants it. I just really thought they had their guy when they fired Chud. Now it seems like he or Norv will go to BAL to be OC. Double the pain for CLE

Oh?

@Benvolin
Good hire RT @AdamSchefter: Detroit Lions are hiring Jim Caldwell as their head coach, per league source.

Ben has been covering the pats this year after being with Miami though so he's clearly lost any good he had left.

Using QB wins in the playoffs is pretty dumb in and of itself. Last week Wilson threw the ball 18 times. In his other playoff win he threw the ball 26 times. It's clear with the rest of his team, he doesn't have to throw the ball as much as someone like Stafford. I'm not praising Stafford, just saying kinda crazy to compliment a dude going 9/18 against a mediocre defense at home.

I 100% agree. I'm not a fan of using a team stat to measure individual accomplishments. I just wanted to poke fun at Kas!

Stafford has the disadvantage of costing a bajillion dollars more than Wilson or Kaepernick so his team can't go out and get useful veteran depth like Michael Bennett, a guy who had a pretty big impact for Seattle this weekend.

Would a good HS coach even take the job?

Coaching HS football in Texas is a more prestigious job than coaching the Browns.

Enslaved is worth $5

It's a decent game. Had severe framerate issues on PS3 when I played it, not sure if those have been fixed with the Premium edition. Velocity Ultra is a fantastic game though, great time waster when on public transit.

I have the PSP version, loved it I guess I could play it again, Is enslaved unplayable? I'm not that picky when it comes to stuff like resolution/frame rate like other gamers tend to be.

I have the PSP version, loved it I guess I could play it again, Is enslaved unplayable? I'm not that picky when it comes to stuff like resolution/frame rate like other gamers tend to be.

As someone who is also generally immune to frame rate stuff I found Enslaved to be decent. For $5 you could do worse.

Fantomex

PS3
ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition $5.00a
Puppeteer $7.00
Rain $3.75
Tales of Xillia $10.00

Vita:

Nah you got the good ones. Worms though?

Sure seems like no one wants it.

It's crazy to think any football coach would ever agree to coach a mediocre NFL team, especially considering the team is one of a handful of NFL jobs that open up each year and is owned by a billionaire who will write huge payoff checks. They'll probably have to hire a soccer coach from a different country who doesn't know anything about the Browns.

Top Bottom