• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Divisional |OT| Don't Call It A Comeback

As a Lions fan I can say I fully expect him to get the ridiculous undisciplined penalties taken care of.

My hopes are low elsewhere, though. He seems like a great human being, I guess. Nice to have that coaching the team for once.

I foresee massive problems within the roster with this hire. I just have a feeling guys like Stafford/Suh are going to hate it because he's going to try and take control.

Uh, isn't that what you want? Suh and Stafford have been controlling the team for years and all the Lions have had to show for it were underwhelming .500 or worse seasons.

If Caldwell comes in and does nothing but installs a proper heirarchy and discipline the Lions are a 10-6 team.

Uh, isn't that what you want? Suh and Stafford have been controlling the team for years and all the Lions have had were underwhelming .500 or worse seasons.

If Caldwell comes in and does nothing but installs a proper heirarchy and discipline the Lions are a 10-6 team.

I think if he brings discipline they might do alright, there is talent on this team but stafford needs to shut up, listen and learn otherwise this team isn't going anywhere.

Oozer3993

...the job nobody wants.

Now THIS is funny.

He was interviewed purely to fulfill the Rooney rule. The Browns had utterly no interest in him as HC. They want an offensive minded coach.

seahawks banning niner fans from attending the game.

wow didnt know that was allowed

Seahawks taking their rule bending/breaking into ticket sales. True pioneers.

Oh man, Titans are fucked. Of the couple reasons why Whiz might have chosen TN over DET there is only one that I am convinced of and that is that the Titans offered him more control than Detroit (and the 1M more sweetened the deal). The Cardinals grave mistake with Whiz was that we gave him the keys to the kingdom when he arrived and he had final say on pretty much everything. He was our true GM and that is how he ruined the team once Warner was no longer around to save us. With Stafford in Detroit, he might have had a chance but with TN he has absolutely none. It's not that Whiz is a terrible coach, it's that he cannot groom a QB or assess talent to save his life. The Titans do not have a QB that Whiz can work with and Whiz is completely incapable of picking one in the draft and grooming him into a quality starter. If he gets to play GM like he did here, Titans drafts are fucked, at least as far as the offensive side of the ball is concerned. I can't fathom why the Titans wanted him so bad when you have the shining example of Whiz being adequate with Big Ben, Warner, and Rivers and being shit with how many QB's did we churn through? All of which he picked himself or chose to sign and not a single one panned out. This is not the guy that will coach Locker up or has the skills to pick a gem that fits his system in the draft.

The one thing he could have going for him is that he's always wanted a power back system and with Warmack and CJ, he has one should CJ actually stay which is doubtful. Bad hire.

I'll coach the Browns, and I'll do it pro bono.

The catch? I'm not stepping foot in the city of Cleveland. Wheel around one of these on the sidelines

screen-on-video-conferencing-mobile-cart.jpg

h1nch

Adam Gase would do well to skip the Browns and wait for a better HC opportunity elsewhere.

AKA I hope he stays with Denver at least thru next year

Patryn

cajun?

We all told you how awesome Popeyes was. I think the only person who disagreed was Gata who apparently doesn't like Popeyes or Chick Fil A and honestly for him it is par for the course.

Lions fans are we really sure that Whisenhunt is a better coach than Caldwell? I personally think the Wiz could be a good head coach with the right GM but Caldwell only seems to have succeeded wherever he went. It was kind of shitty for the Colts to fire him right after the Peyton injury and tank. Lets not forget his greatest accomplishment, getting Birdo a SB ring and also netting him 120 million and making him the premier pizza salesperson in the country.

Not sure how good Caldwell is but anyone is a improvement over Schwartz. You could make the magic 8 ball the head coach and the Lions would win 2 more games next year.

Caldwell season records as HC of Wake Forest:
2-9
3-8
1-10
3-8
5-6
3-8
7-5
2-9

As a Lions fans, all I can say is this: We're totally fucked.

Tenumi

Banned
I think if he brings discipline they might do alright, there is talent on this team but stafford needs to shut up, listen and learn otherwise this team isn't going anywhere.

From everything I read, it sounds like he was a good voice and ear for Peyton Manning. Hopefully some of that ability can come back to help Stafford.

I have informed the Cleveland Browns that I am no longer interested in their HC opening.

You too? I informed them long ago. Not gonna deal with that front office...

Patryn

To be fair, it's Wake Forest.

A wise man could argue that the statistic seems to bear out that Caldwell wins when he's with proven winners, and lose when he's not. It could then be pointed out that the Lions are pretty much the epitome of "not winners."

The sarcastic man would simply say this: To be fair, the Lions are basically the NFL equivalent of Wake Forest.

Revolver

Oh man, Titans are fucked. Of the couple reasons why Whiz might have chosen TN over DET there is only one that I am convinced of and that is that the Titans offered him more control than Detroit (and the 1M more sweetened the deal). The Cardinals grave mistake with Whiz was that we gave him the keys to the kingdom when he arrived and he had final say on pretty much everything. He was our true GM and that is how he ruined the team once Warner was no longer around to save us. With Stafford in Detroit, he might have had a chance but with TN he has absolutely none. It's not that Whiz is a terrible coach, it's that he cannot groom a QB or assess talent to save his life. The Titans do not have a QB that Whiz can work with and Whiz is completely incapable of picking one in the draft and grooming him into a quality starter. If he gets to play GM like he did here, Titans drafts are fucked, at least as far as the offensive side of the ball is concerned. I can't fathom why the Titans wanted him so bad when you have the shining example of Whiz being adequate with Big Ben, Warner, and Rivers and being shit with how many QB's did we churn through? All of which he picked himself or chose to sign and not a single one panned out. This is not the guy that will coach Locker up or has the skills to pick a gem that fits his system in the draft.

The one thing he could have going for him is that he's always wanted a power back system and with Warmack and CJ, he has one should CJ actually stay which is doubtful. Bad hire.

I don't know if they were willing to hand him total control like that. I can't imagine Ruston Webster would be willing to hand over the keys. Webster is pretty much calling the shots these days. I've heard all sorts of stories about why he came to Nashville. From more money to how Stafford sitting in on his interview turned him off or how Detroit wasn't willing to switch to a 3-4 to his wife didn't like Detroit. I'm not crazy about the hire since I remember how things collapsed in Arizona after Warner retired and I was more interested in Greg Roman. But at least he seems like an upgrade over Munchak.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Browns have granted permission to DC Ray Horton to interview for any available coaching positions; Doesn't have to be HC, can be lateral.

What are you doing Browns? Chances Whiz hires him in TEN?

Top Bottom