• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Divisional |OT| Don't Call It A Comeback

Godslay

Banned
Not sure where you got 20. They are actually 14th in YPG, but the point is I was wrong so I concede.

That said, they're not a good defense, or at least they weren't in the reg. season. Bad offenses plus TOP splits improved the defense by proxy,

All it takes is a hot streak like that 07 Colts team went on to win the dance. My point though, as it has always been, is that Peyton's gifts while considerable will not be enough to win it all alone. Like the 07 Colts he's going to need production from somewhere else. Those things matter in the postseason - just ask Aaron Rodgers.

Bottom half of the league (for this defense) isn't anything to be proud of either, so I'll concede that. On the opposite end of top and bad offenses, the defense seems to see the field more often with the frequency that the offense scores. So that skews the stats to some degree as well. Either way, they aren't good. Struggle to be mediocre on a good day.

I do agree with your other points as well. They are going to have to make plays to help Peyton. If the offense is working well they have a bit more leeway, but if it's not they are going to have to buckle down and get the stops. It remains to be seen if they can. I'm hopeful that Champ coming back and playing nickel snaps, combined with Sly shoring the line, and Woodyard back at the MLB will help. I hope it's enough to get the job done, but it might not be. I remain optimistic, I guess.

With that good night, only a couple more days till we have another weekend football bonanza. Best time of the year for football!

bret.jpg

the hitman loves the niners! don't show this to any panthers fans/players.... the butthurt will explode into overdrive

p.s.

i'd definitely like to have interracial sex with this woman

Greasy hair and jorts? Bret Hart will fit right in with the rest of the Niner fans.

squicken

Don't follow wrastlin', but isn't Hart universally considered the GOAT?

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks
McGloin/Hackenberg combined rushing yards in '12/'13: -119 yds. Manziel rushing yards in '12/'13: 2,169 yds. Not O'Brien's style #Texans

Mangini-Mallett

jakncoke

Banned
Looking over that list, Im certain Jerome Bettis isnt getting in sadly. Another year of waiting. But im trying to predict which way the voters are going to go this year. Cant really figure a way the voters are going to go this time around. They can go 5 non senior right? So that probably means at least Walter Jones, leaving 4. Im going out on a limb beside Bettis not getting in Morten Anderson, Tony Dungy, Ed Debartolo dont either. That leaves 10 guys for 4 spots. Do they get rid of some WR logjam and let a combo of 2 of 3 wr get in. Do they make Harrison wait a year and let Brown and Reed in? Kevin Greene will probably be left out again because ya know only sacks lolll

Formal prediction

Claude Humphrey
Ray Guy

Walter Jones
Andre Reed (This is his 8th straight year as a finalist)
Derrick Brooks
Michael Strahan
Marvin Harrison

Tamanon

Banned
Getting drunk off my ass. Mis Hermanos Ecuadorianos are on their last night here in North Carolina and I have orientation for college tomorrow. Hit a teppanyaki joint and then the local bar, and now just pounding brewskis. Woo!!!! I scored one goal in FIFA all week against those two!

Fantomex

So i'm watching this ARROW show all the basement nerds in the OT keep hailing as the awesomest show. Dude is rich like Bruce Wayne, His city looks like Bel Air, he goes around with a Hot Topic Green Hoodie on, green paint around his eyes, no super powers, and he fights crime with his bow and arrows. Bwahahahahahaha. My goodness, these same complain about pacific rim.

So i'm watching this ARROW show all the basement nerds in the OT keep hailing as the awesomest show. Dude is rich like Bruce Wayne, His city looks like Bel Air, he goes around with a Hot Topic Green Hoodie on, green paint around his eyes, no super powers, and he fights crime with his bow and arrows. Bwahahahahahaha. My goodness, these same complain about pacific rim.

pacific rim sucked dick aside from the 10-15 minutes worth of actual robot/monster fightin'! some of the worst acting and writing i have seen in my life and i've seen just about every bottom-of-the-barrel horror movie you can name. but then people will say "hey just turn your mind off and enjoy the action!" it's like saying "hey its saturday night just get drunk and fuck a fat body!" i can't do it!

jakncoke

Banned
Reed probably wont get in, but man that guy been on the final 15 so long. Quit cockteasing him. Either let him in or piss off. Has a player ever made the final 15 that many years in a row?

I tried watching Arrow and it's got the same problems as Agents of Shield for me. Watched the first episode of both and had zero interest in watching any more. Feels too cheap. Too low budget. Everything from the acting to the action scenes. I can't. I just can't.

lol NO. He's the Don Hutson of pro wrestling.

squicken

Reed probably wont get in, but man that guy been on the final 15 so long. Quit cockteasing him. Either let him in or piss off. Has a player ever made the final 15 that many years in a row?

Supposedly Reed, Carter and Tim Brown were splitting the vote. Now that Carter is in, it could open up a slot for one of those guys. But to me, Dungy is a lock.

Less so but still sure things are Brooks and Jones.
Strahan should be but I can see them making him wait again if they want to put in Reed
Harrison should be in on merit, but no one will feel bad if he doesn't make it, so he could get snubbed for awhile

jakncoke

Banned
Supposedly Reed, Carter and Tim Brown were splitting the vote. Now that Carter is in, it could open up a slot for one of those guys. But to me, Dungy is a lock.

Less so but still sure things are Brooks and Jones.
Strahan should be but I can see them making him wait again if they want to put in Reed
Harrison should be in on merit, but no one will feel bad if he doesn't make it, so he could get snubbed for awhile

Wouldnt Harrison just start up the process again of split votes.

Random; How is this Warrick Dunns first year eligible, seems like he retired more than 5 years ago ha

Also another year Bledsoe doesnt make the HOF. suck it down Sanjuro :)

pacific rim sucked dick aside from the 10-15 minutes worth of actual robot/monster fightin'! some of the worst acting and writing i have seen in my life and i've seen just about every bottom-of-the-barrel horror movie you can name. but then people will say "hey just turn your mind off and enjoy the action!" it's like saying "hey its saturday night just get drunk and fuck a fat body!" i can't do it!

Yeah, Pac Rim was terrible. There's a pretty big fan base for it here on GAF that swears it has some kind of merit, but it doesn't. It's strictly like direct to video fare.

I tried watching Arrow and it's got the same problems as Agents of Shield for me. Watched the first episode of both and had zero interest in watching any more. Feels too cheap. Too low budget. Everything from the acting to the action scenes. I can't. I just can't.

I just don't care about the Shield characters or the idea in general. Same trouble with DC's lineup, if it's not Superman or Batman, I have no interest.

squicken

Stopped watching wrestling in the late 80s. About the time The Ultimate Warrior showed up. Looking at wiki, I have no memory of watching Sgt Slaughter fight Hogan and can't imagine why such a thing would have ever happened. They were on the same side as I recall

Fantomex

:jnc

Same here. Unless these producers get a game of throne budget for these hero shows, might as well not try.

Don't forget Steiner is a beast when it comes to math.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFoC3TR5rzI

LOL!!!!!!!

Stopped watching wrestling in the late 80s. About the time The Ultimate Warrior showed up. Looking at wiki, I have no memory of watching Sgt Slaughter fight Hogan and can't imagine why such a thing would have ever happened. They were on the same side as I recall

I think Sergeant Slaughter joined the Iraq side during the Gulf War or something.

http://www.whydontyoutrythis.com/20...olar-powered-off-grid-cabin-for-2000.html?m=1

I really really want to do this. Walden style

Drakeon

Agents of Shield was boring (only watched 4 episodes before giving up on it). Arrow is definitely not boring. I personally love Arrow, but I'm also a huge comics nerd (but I couldn't get into agents of shield, go figure). Just think comparing the two is a little unfounded, don't see a ton in common beyond the comic influence.

Everybody turned on Hogan at some point or another, and I'm sure when the writers suggested it, the other wrestlers were more than happy to do it. I bailed on wrestling around 91, got back in around 98 or 99 for the Rock and Stone Cold stuff and have stayed away since about '01.

jakncoke

Banned
I think one my last times of caring for wrestling was when The Rock and Austin fought at Wrestlemania and Tyson was special guest referee. I like to watch old matches on youtube, wrestling docs every now and then for nostalgia

MechDX

Mangini-Mallett

I joke about Mallet but wont happen. He is a FA after this coming season so why trade? Teddy fits the mold just needs to put on a little weight. Anyway, I thought you were convinced he wanted Bortles?

Thank Tebow he wont go after Manziel

Top Bottom