• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Divisional |OT| Don't Call It A Comeback

DMczaf

Chipotle is pretty good

inqoBmGd7JUNa.gif

Some of the best food I ever had was in Mexyco

Legit homemade salsa and tortilla chips, fried banana, and chicken raised by super poor farmers.

I need to go the #BestCoast to experience some goddamn culture.

pacific rim sucked dick aside from the 10-15 minutes worth of actual robot/monster fightin'! some of the worst acting and writing i have seen in my life and i've seen just about every bottom-of-the-barrel horror movie you can name. but then people will say "hey just turn your mind off and enjoy the action!" it's like saying "hey its saturday night just get drunk and fuck a fat body!" i can't do it!

Normally Charlie Hunnam is passable on Sons of Anarchy, but he really shat up the joint in Pacific Rim. Mako/Miko whatever the fuck was your typical Asian waifu that the gaijin lead will score with at the end. Idris Elba and Ron Perlman were the only humans in that movie I enjoyed. Robot action was beastly, but too spread out.

Plus I watched it with my friends, and they thought they were fucking Rifftrax wannabes, so that ruined the experience.

Got a problem with curves, bruh?
mad.gif

Only time I ever have Mexican is at a restaurant not too far from my house called La Estacion. Great great food, though I often embarrass myself because I want to pronounce the names of the food authentically, tongue rolls and all.

Fantomex

Does it make you angry that I poop on your peoples' foods?

Coming from you, cuisine opinions hold no weight. Go chew on a tarantula with your crew, you degenerate swine.

4u7Zbu0.jpg

And then come tell us how Cow Butthole is a delicacy where you come from.
Raw%20Oxtail%20Chef.jpg

oxtail.jpg

JABEE

BdlYE3xCUAAzPXx.jpg

HoF finalists. 5 get in not including Senior Candidates. bummed Coryell didn't make the cut. Such an impact on the game, but just from success as a coach I guess he doesn't measure up

Jones
Shields
Williams
Brooks
Shooter

My list would be

Walter Jones
Will Shields
Michael Strahan
Derrick Brooks
John Lynch

Really strong class.

Spinluck

So i'm watching this ARROW show all the basement nerds in the OT keep hailing as the awesomest show. Dude is rich like Bruce Wayne, His city looks like Bel Air, he goes around with a Hot Topic Green Hoodie on, green paint around his eyes, no super powers, and he fights crime with his bow and arrows. Bwahahahahahaha. My goodness, these same complain about pacific rim.

couldn't get into it either.

some of these shows feel too cheap, and the acting aside from like 2-3 characters is usually shit.

i may keep watching because some of the chicks are pretty hot, and i don't have much else to watch.

squicken

Amazing

Lurking behind the curtain is Mike Lombardi. His role in this abject mess can not be discounted. Lombardi holds the title of general manager, yet he is strangely protected like a juvenile from media interrogation by Haslam and Banner. Lombardi is absolutely brilliant at evading accountability and transferring blame to coaches.

How long can Lombardi live off the no-risk, low-money pickup of a quarterback, Brian Hoyer, who won two games? What about Mingo, Bess, Kruger, Bryant, Owens? Don’t they count on his record? What about the receiver they signed from Green Bay who showed up with a torn ACL and took up a roster space for three weeks? Who took the fall for that whopper -- receivers coach Scott Turner?

Whose brilliant idea was it to load up the roster with five tight ends and 12 offensive linemen and not a single running back who could move the ball from here to there? Must have been offensive coordinator Norv Turner.

That was GVSU alum Charles Johnson that had the torn ACL for those interested in Packers or Lakers or the Brown's incompetence.

I love that story. So hilarious.

Squicken why must you keep doing this? It's evident how Grossi feels about him in every article. It's honestly a personal thing for him, and im not even trying to sound bias. I hear him on the radio everyday.

I might sound like kas right now, but I honestly don't think it's a "mess"
Edit: I didn't read the article except the excerpt because I'm a thug.

Crisco

Banned
Finally Friday, longest week ever. I keep getting shit from my wife about how "you weren't this excited for our wedding".

squicken

Squicken why must you keep doing this? It's evident how Grossi feels about him in every article. It's honestly a personal thing for him, and im not even trying to sound bias. I hear him on the radio everyday.

I agree about the Lombardi thing. I also agree with Grossi about the McDaniels thing. Firing Chud w/o a plan in place was bad. It's not a desirable job if the front office is pawning off all failures to the coaches

That was RT'd by the Browns fan who works for the NFL ATL group, which is how I saw it. So it seems like Grossi is widely read, with the acknowledgment he hates Lombardi

Fantomex

Dang it Fanto... Now I want to smash on some ceviche...

Me too brother! The weekend starts today.

couldn't get into it either.

some of these shows feel too cheap, and the acting aside from like 2-3 characters is usually shit.

i may keep watching because some of the chicks are pretty hot, and i don't have much else to watch.

Thats the only reason i was watching them as well. No good TV other than HBO and football and futbol.

KingGondo

Banned

The central, basic point of the article is undeniable: they fired Chud without a plan to replace him, and the resulting appearance of rashness and instability (even if it isn't true) will make many qualified coaching candidates think twice before taking this job.

I do think the job is more appealing than some think, mainly because the new HC has a chance to really reshape the roster in this draft. The question is whether the front office will get in the way.

jakncoke

Banned
Three Bucs in the final 15 HoF candidates makes me happy.
Now let´s see how many of them get snubbed...

Well lets be honest, this isnt like the MLB. All the candidates are all rather good in one way or another. So its not like a terrible candidate is going to get in instead of them. This has to be a tough job for them. On a yearly basis, the final 15 is mixed with extreme talent, very high stats and high contributors to the game. And they have to somehow decide which 10 isnt as worthy as the other 5

Also is there a list somewhere of 1st year eligible for next year and 2016?

Posted yet?

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/08/nfl-tv-ratings-nbc-cbs-espn-fox-playoffs/

goodellswimminginmoney.gif

Also, notice that the highest rated games for the season on NBC, ESPN and NFLN were all Eagles games. #Revolution

I dont understand why the Eagles dont get the big market no calls treatment that other big market teams get. I want them to be able to tackle a running back in the backfield on a screen and have Al and Chris say what a smart strategy it is and not get a flag on the play dammit!

Well lets be honest, this isnt like the MLB. All the candidates are all rather good in one way or another. So its not like a terrible candidate is going to get in instead of them. This has to be a tough job for them. On a yearly basis, the final 15 is mixed with extreme talent, very high stats and high contributors to the game. And they have to somehow decide which 10 isnt as worthy as the other 5

Also is there a list somewhere of 1st year eligible for next year and 2016?

Googled and found some Reddit thread:

2015: First year eligibles: Isaac Bruce, Torry Holt, Edgerrin James, Ty Law, Kevin Mawae, Orlando Pace, Junior Seau, Kurt Warner

2016: First year eligibles: Alan Faneca, Brett Favre, Terrell Owens, Clinton Portis

2017: First year eligibles: Brian Dawkins, Donovan McNabb, Jason Taylor, LaDainian Tomlinson, Hines Ward, Ricky Williams

2018: First year eligibles: Donald Driver, Ray Lewis, Jeff Saturday, Jason Taylor

I can't wait to see who they have to end up settling for to take the HC job. Nobody worth a damn would even consider it.

It's an NFL head coaching job. Chud hit the lottery. The only way that a coach who is looking for an NFL head coaching job turns down the Browns is if he has another equally lucrative offer from a better team. McDaniels wasn't going to get an offer.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Googled and found some Reddit thread:

2015: First year eligibles: Isaac Bruce, Torry Holt, Edgerrin James, Ty Law, Kevin Mawae, Orlando Pace, Junior Seau, Kurt Warner

2016: First year eligibles: Alan Faneca, Brett Favre, Terrell Owens, Clinton Portis

2017: First year eligibles: Brian Dawkins, Donovan McNabb, Jason Taylor, LaDainian Tomlinson, Hines Ward, Ricky Williams

2018: First year eligibles: Donald Driver, Ray Lewis, Jeff Saturday, Jason Taylor

I think if Andre Reed doesn't get in this year, he absolutely has to get in 2017. Next year, there is a glut of WRs, TO willl get the nod in 2016, but 2017 is a week year. LT and JT are the only locks there.

Top Bottom