• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Divisional |OT| Don't Call It A Comeback

woodchuck

Posted yet?

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/08/nfl-tv-ratings-nbc-cbs-espn-fox-playoffs/

goodellswimminginmoney.gif

Also, notice that the highest rated games for the season on NBC, ESPN and NFLN were all Eagles games. #Revolution

http://www.adweek.com/news/television/dallas-cowboys-are-tops-tv-if-not-your-hearts-154823

The highest rated regular season games:

1. CBS Raiders-Cowboys 31.7 million viewers 14.3 HH rating (Thanksgiving Day)
2. Fox Packers-49ers (94% coverage): 28.5 million viewers 16.6 (Sept. 8)
3. CBS Broncos-Cowboys (98% coverage): 28.3 million viewers 16.6 (Oct. 6)
4. Fox Packers-Lions 28.3 million viewers 13.4 (Thanksgiving Day)
5. CBS Broncos-Chiefs (86% coverage): 28.1 million viewers 16.7 (Dec. 1)
6. Fox Cowboys-Giants (94% coverage): 27.9 million viewers 16.4 (Nov. 24)
7. Fox Packers-Cowboys (83% coverage): 27.8 million viewers 16.3 (Dec. 15)
8. Fox Seahawks-49ers (78% coverage): 27.7 million viewers 16.2 (Dec. 8)
9. NBC Eagles-Cowboys 27.4 million viewers 15.5 rating (Dec. 29)
10. Fox Eagles-Broncos (69% coverage): 27.0 million viewers 16.1 (Sept. 29)

Five out of the top ten games include the Cowboys. Unfortunately, shit like this is why Jerry doesn't need to change things.

jakncoke

Banned
gross. fuck the cowboys

But hating on the Eagles is sort of just...empty. They never do shit, so why hate? Hate on the cheaters and the frauds and the team that made pink hatting acceptable.

Their fans. normally someone hates on success, I find myself hating franchises based on how much I dislike their fans.

MechDX

UCFSportsInfo ‏@UCFSportsInfo 30m
The #Texans and the 2014 #NFL Draft: #UCF's #Bortles, Bridgewater or Manziel. The choice is obvious

BdoT4b9CQAAMkJM.jpg

No bias there at all.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Their fans. normally someone hates on success, I find myself hating franchises based on how much I dislike their fans.

But, I mean, all the Real Patriot Fans live in Germany and shit. Have some national pride, citizen and hate the city that foists Bill Simmons on us

eznark

Banned
Rice had 2 HOF QB's throwing to him. He'd probably be like Darius Hayward Bey in today's NFL.

Johnny Unitas never played for the 49ers and in my revamped hall of fame, Young is most certainly not in and Montana is fighting tooth and nail with Johnny U.

jakncoke

Banned
Still amazing he didnt even last a offseason with us. We were such the Browns/Lions back then also

Unitas—by this time married—worked in construction in Pittsburgh to support his family.[6] On the weekends, he played quarterback, safety and punter on a local semipro team called the Bloomfield Rams for $6 a game.[7]

Never knew this, but pretty funny to read.

MechDX

Still a better QB than anyone the Browns have rolled out in the past 10 years.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...oncussion-protocols-during-wild-card-weekend/

“On two occasions last weekend, and contrary to the advice of the team medical staffs, players who had been diagnosed with a concussion and therefore declared ineligible for play nonetheless refused to leave the sidelines as required by league concussion protocols. In one case, the player went back onto the field for one play before being removed from the game,” Batjer and Ellenbogen wrote, via the Associated Press. “We emphasize that we find no fault in how the team medical staffs conducted themselves last weekend. If a player refuses to follow your advice and leave the sidelines after being diagnosed with a concussion, we recommend that the head athletic trainer seek assistance from the player’s position coach (or another member of the coaching staff) or from another team official to remove the player from the sidelines as soon as possible.”

There will be no fines assessed for failure to follow the protocol in either case and Lewis is expected to play against the Seahawks this weekend after being cleared to get back on the practice field early this week.

Wait....so you don't ACTUALLY have to follow the rules? AWESOME!

brentech

Crisco

Banned
Saints @Seahawks

I picked the Saints to win last week because I thought they were the better team, but they didn't really play well enough to make me believe they can win in Seattle. Harvin coming back changes things as well, and while I think the Saints defense (very good unit, way underrated) will keep it closer than last time, Seattle still takes it.

Colts @Patriots

Lock of the weekend IMO. Hilton won't be allowed to catch a pass and the Colts just don't have any other play-makers on offense other than Luck. The defense would have to play out of their minds to keep this one close enough in the 4th quarter so Luck has a chance to pull off another miracle. I just don't see it happening.

49ers @Panthers

Everyone is focusing on Kaep having his receivers back, but that wasn't the problem in the first game. He had no time to throw the ball and was getting sacked or pressured before Crabtree or anyone would have been able to get open. I don't see that changing. On the other hand, Aldon Smith playing the entire game will make a difference. Panthers have struggled all year against elite pass rushers. This will probably be a boring game to watch between two basically equal teams with defenses that outclass the offenses. On paper, there's no real reason to be confident in either team, but I gotta go with Cam Newton winning his first playoff game at home.

Chargers @Broncos

Because, why the fuck not? The Chargers have the perfect offense to matchup against the Broncos, and there is literally nothing Peyton can do at this point of his career to make me trust him in a playoff game. Laserface all the way!

Sanjuro

I think that I had the Kurt Warner argument prior. Not a HoFer, even by NFL standards. If he gets in, Bledsoe should be in. No question.

Problem is, it's going to start gravitating towards this current breed of quarterback. Quarterbacks from the last decade or so are very different from a good portion of the other great quarterbacks of their era.

MechDX

to me that just reads like, "we understand trainers are weaker than concussed players, so if they can't stop a player from forcing their way back to the field, we understand that's not really their fault".

As it should be. League/team does their due diligence (avoids lawsuit potential in the process!) and the ultimate decision is with the adult affected.

Lewis didn’t get back into the game, but Packers tackle David Bakhtiari did return to Sunday’s game against the 49ers in the middle of a concussion evaluation to take part in an extra point try. Both situations drew the attention of the league.

Yep, no bias today at all. jnc

So the Packers staff are a bunch of pussies?

Bowser

BTW, I think this was posted before, but for the 49ers marks, "death threats" my ass. This is why Flair ain't comin to Carolina:

Back in the summer of 2013, an arrest warrant was issued for WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina.

The warrant was for Flair's failure to pay over $32,000 in legal fees and post-separation support to his ex-wife Jaqueline.

Flair has a hearing scheduled for the warrant on January 24th in Charlotte, but it's still outstanding, and if he were to be arrested and taken to jail, he wouldn't be able to get out until he pays the amount owed. This might be one of the main reasons why he will not be attending the Carolina Panthers game this weekend. As we've noted before, Flair has been living in Atlanta and Florida recently, likely to avoid arrest in North Carolina.

brentech

I actually wasn't even aware he had a concussion (I read what you posted, not the link). I don't care if he came back in or not. It's not much a change between Packers starting OLine and fat dude off the street.

My wife's best friend from high school, her dad was the head trainer of the Browns for many years, and then the Ravens up until like 2 years ago when he retired. I don't really expect some every day guy to hold down a professional athlete.

jakncoke

Banned
Quarterbacks

Drew Bledsoe
Randall Cunningham
Doug Flutie
Steve McNair
Phil Simms
Trent Green(1st year)

How did Doug Flutie make the prelim list?

Also does NFL some sort of similar rule like MLB where if you get less than 5% vote you're done with the regular ballot and have to wait till the vet committee decides if you're worthy or not

Quarterbacks

Drew Bledsoe
Randall Cunningham
Doug Flutie
Steve McNair
Phil Simms
Trent Green(1st year)

Also does NFL some sort of similar rule like MLB where if you get less than 5% vote you're done with the regular ballot and have to wait till the vet committee decides if you're worthy or not

HOF Cereal

Sanjuro

Quarterbacks

Drew Bledsoe
Randall Cunningham
Doug Flutie
Steve McNair
Phil Simms
Trent Green(1st year)

Flutie is an absolute Hall of Famer, are you mad? Problem here is what does this Hall of Fame identify itself as? By the criteria, he is one.

Saints @Seahawks

I picked the Saints to win last week because I thought they were the better team, but they didn't really play well enough to make me believe they can win in Seattle. Harvin coming back changes things as well, and while I think the Saints defense (very good unit, way underrated) will keep it closer than last time, Seattle still takes it.

Colts @Patriots

Lock of the weekend IMO. Hilton won't be allowed to catch a pass and the Colts just don't have any other play-makers on offense other than Luck. The defense would have to play out of their minds to keep this one close enough in the 4th quarter so Luck has a chance to pull off another miracle. I just don't see it happening.

49ers @Panthers

Everyone is focusing on Kaep having his receivers back, but that wasn't the problem in the first game. He had no time to throw the ball and was getting sacked or pressured before Crabtree or anyone would have been able to get open. I don't see that changing. On the other hand, Aldon Smith playing the entire game will make a difference. Panthers have struggled all year against elite pass rushers. This will probably be a boring game to watch between two basically equal teams with defenses that outclass the offenses. On paper, there's no real reason to be confident in either team, but I gotta go with Cam Newton winning his first playoff game at home.

Chargers @Broncos

Because, why the fuck not? The Chargers have the perfect offense to matchup against the Broncos, and there is literally nothing Peyton can do at this point of his career to make me trust him in a playoff game. Laserface all the way!

Panthers fan picking panthers. Incredible!

And tell me you aren't naive enough to believe better receivers has no effect on pressure

jakncoke

Banned
Flutie is an absolute Hall of Famer, are you mad? Problem here is what does this Hall of Fame identify itself as? By the criteria, he is one.

He can go into the CFL hall of fame. He was a bum in the NFL. When has a player ever gotten into canton based on his CFL stats

MechDX

He can go into the CFL hall of fame. He was a bum in the NFL. When has a player ever gotten into canton based on his CFL stats

warren_moon.jpg

Fuck you sanjuro! Moon was not trash in the NFL. But his CFL stats were always mentioned when arguing for him in the HoF

Sanjuro

Warren Moon. Guy was TRASH in the NFL.

I'm not saying your wrong, I'm saying this HoF is flawed. It's not the NFL HoF, same goes with the Basketball Hall.

He was an asshole, but his numbers are definitely HoF worthy. No. 2 all-time in receiving yards, no. 6 in receptions, no. 3 in receiving TDs, no. 5 in overall TDs.
TO played in some great offenses and he was such a fucking terrible human being that I cant see them picking him over other deserving WR that were not complete trash as people.

gross. fuck the cowboys

You are such a moron if you hate Eagles fans.

MechDX

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/10/didnt-take-long-for-dolphins-decosta-rumor-to-die/

Well, that didn’t take long.

Within minutes of posting a story about the Miami Herald report that the Dolphins had contacted Ravens assistant General Manager Eric DeCosta, the reaction was as swift as it was predictable.

From Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun came word that DeCosta wasn’t expected to leave the Ravens. Then Matt Zenitz of the Carroll County Times added that per a source, the Dolphins hadn’t contacted DeCosta, and he wasn’t interested if they did. Then Peter King of Sports Illustrated offered that DeCosta had “no interest” in the job.

This one was clear from the word go. Throwing DeCosta’s name into the mix of candidates might lend an air of legitimacy to a process that desperately needs any it can find.

Got damn! Browns and Dolphins get rejected quicker than Schaub throws a pick 6

jakncoke

Banned
TO played in some great offenses and he was such a fucking terrible human being that I cant see them picking him over other deserving WR that were not complete trash as people.

You are such a moron if you hate Eagles fans.

No. Quite the opposite, now play in traffic heathen. Its people like you that grows my hate.

Top Bottom