• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Divisional |OT| Don't Call It A Comeback

If you guys shore up that defense you'll dominate the east for awhile, that's what I had hoped that ross would do since he insists on keeping hold overs but dudes an idiot so I'm just going to ride out the misery until he sells the team or wises up

Sadly the NFCE never works like that Eagles and Giants will take turns winning it forever, with the occasional Redskin win thrown in. I just hope you guys can get it together and own the AFCE for years to come.

If you're going to troll the Patriots, they've lost four super bowls. One in 1985, One to fucking Desmond Howard and two to the Giants.

So why don't you go ingest scat and leave the heavy lifting to us non scat eaters. Thanks.

They've actually lost 7 superbowls. Bears, packers, giants x2 were straifght losses. Rams eagles panthers were games they had competitive advantage by cheating so they don't count

Sadly the NFCE never works like that Eagles and Giants will take turns winning it forever, with the occasional Redskin win thrown in. I just hope you guys can get it together and own the AFCE for years to come.

Hopefully we can stick it to brady for a few years too, Dolphins interviewed Brain Gaine, apparently it went really well, that would be the perfect internal hire.

bionic77

They've actually lost 7 superbowls. Bears, packers, giants x2 were straifght losses. Rams eagles panthers were games they had competitive advantage by cheating so they don't count
Makes sense that they are in the same division as the Bills. The AFC East has
mastered losing the big game.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Is Lane back? I heard the other day that Saban was giving him an interview. Does that mean Bamas offense is joining the 90's now?

i0zW4YylUoeQY.gif

squicken

Threat to put Harvin on IR Motivated him to Work Hard

I had wondered if he was hurt or was just being Percy. Guess that answers that. PK just did a big puff piece on Pete so you know where that info is from

---

I agree that Lane usually has a good offense, just surprised Saban would hire him when Bama seems like more of a ground and pound team.

A&M and Auburn I think have convinced Saban that he can't do what he has always done. But as far as I know, Kiffin has no experience running an up-tempo offense. Maybe he wants to run a more QB centric offense and didn't feel the last guy was up to it?

cdyhybrid

I had wondered if he was hurt or was just being Percy. Guess that answers that. PK just did a big puff piece on Pete so you know where that info is from

---

A&M and Auburn I think have convinced Saban that he can't do what he has always done. But as far as I know, Kiffin has no experience running an up-tempo offense. Maybe he wants to run a more QB centric offense and didn't feel the last guy was up to it?

That would be a weird thing to think, since Nuss turned Jake Locker into a top-10 pick.

---

Lol hilarious. Of course a loser like Percy has to be coaxed into working hard

#TheSwindle

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
If you're going to troll the Patriots, they've lost four super bowls. One in 1985, One to fucking Desmond Howard and two to the Giants.

So why don't you go ingest scat and leave the heavy lifting to us non scat eaters. Thanks.

desmond-howard-245x300.jpg

(someone had to post the pic!)

squicken

Much of that link is speculation.

Reality is he wasn't being held back b/c of doctor's orders, or any sort of negative imaging. He felt discomfort and said he couldn't play. Pete said "Percy, you are going on IR", Percy said "Coach I am cured!". And now he is going to be playing as many snaps as he can as well as returning kicks.

Don't feel bad. Even the best teams make mistakes in FA and the draft. Scheider and Pete have been amazing. Percy was just a swing and miss

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Reality is he wasn't being held back b/c of doctor's orders, or any sort of negative imaging. He felt discomfort and said he couldn't play. Pete said "Percy, you are going on IR", Percy said "Coach I am cured!". And now he is going to be playing as many snaps as he can as well as returning kicks.
I don't think it's that simple. He's been drifting between one or two steps away from playing ever since the Vikings game, on account of fluid, soreness, stiffness, etc in his knee. It's always been "almost there, but not yet" rather than some sudden jump from being in a wheelchair to playing. Sure, he might be made of glass and shatter into pieces upon contact tomorrow, but it's not like he's been sitting on his ass all this time.

Also, in the words of Pete Carroll, if Harvin plays "it'll be great for him". lol

JABEE

Eagles really need 1 more draft I feel to have a shot at anything next year. Maybe promote from within for 1 year, and then blow everyone out and hire Gamble next year.
Eagles 2013 Draft Class
Round 1: Lane Johnson- Starter
Round 2: Zach Ertz- Starter/Contributed
Round 3: Bennie Logan- Starter
Round 4: Matt Barkley- Backup
Round 5: Earl Wolff- Starter/Injured
Round 6: Joe Kruger- Injured in Camp
Round 7: Jake Knott- Special Teams

Really solid draft class for Eagles last year.

jakncoke

Banned
Eagles 2013 Draft Class

Judging a draft class after 1 year is premature. Considering sophomore slumpts..ect

JCizzle

Don't feel bad. Even the best teams make mistakes in FA and the draft. Scheider and Pete have been amazing. Percy was just a swing and miss

PEDs don't work instantly. I'm sure it look Pete awhile to get him on the regiment, time for the drugs to take effect, etc etc I'm sure the magic cure has kicked in by now, just took longer than Pete expected

Eagles 2013 Draft Class

I love the Etz pick but the rest of that draft seems meh at best. Need Lane to step it up big time next year. Hopefully Earl can stay healthy as well.

Godslay

Banned
Football is fluky and all that, but if Peyton goes 1 and done again ...

His fans bring up the defense, but it'd be a lot better if they had some of that $20m to spread around on defense. Or instead of the luxury Welker signing, they worked on defensive depth. He is supposed to score a lot of points. Can't whine about the defenses of of other teams giving up fewer points. He really needs to play well vs SD and for Denver to win

If Peyton and Welker come knocking on your door, you cut the check faster than Simplebox's dad would for a child support check. Especially with some of the guys this league is trotting out under center.

The defense isn't great, but in this day and age it doesn't have to be. Just has to get off the field in the right spots. I'm fine with it personally, no whining here. The only thing I'm upset with is Von going out, but injuries happen. The defense will either do it or they won't, but I'd take a true $20 million dollar franchise guy over defensive depth. It's just the way of the modern NFL. Live or die via the QB.

Manning's teams have scored like 16 points per game average in his losses. Defense failed him.

In his losses maybe, but he maintains a healthy 23 ppg over 20 playoff games.Your losing average is skewed by blowouts. 41-0 is a failure on the behalf of the coaching, not the team. The average margin of losing is 10.2 points, which if you take out the 41-0 bed shitting brings the average margin down to 6.7 points. This aligns with the idea that Peyton left the field with the lead in most cases, and the defense shit it away.

Whatever though, I personally love the narrative that he's a choker and so forth. The only person that can rectify that title is him. So time to put up or shut up.

Fantomex

I'm still wondering if Dragon will turn in one of his own (lunchbox) like he did snes. Or turn in WES for not turning in simples for being lunchbox.

Narag

I'm still wondering if Dragon will turn in one of his own (lunchbox) like he did snes. Or turn in WES for not turning in simples for being lunchbox.

Alts aren't always nuked unless they get right back to doing what got them banned to begin with. (rip simples)

You'd snitch too if Tabris had an alt. I'm surprised that Simples has survived this long, I thought Dragon would be all over Lunchbox since I knew he didn't care for him in the first place.

Whatever though, I think Lunchbox was an okay dude.

I wouldnt snitch on Tabris. i would just say fuck Tabris.

Anyways, fuck Tabris.

Top Bottom