• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Do you have a Verizon smartphone? If so, sign up for NFL Mobile for $5/month and you will get all the primetime games, plus the Red Zone Channel and NFL Network streaming on your phone. Get an MHL adapter, plug your phone into your TV and you are good to go.
i do have a verizon phone
does this look good though? I have a 105" screen and I don't want to watch a shitty signal that large.

gutshot

i do have a verizon phone
does this look good though? I have a 105" screen and I don't want to watch a shitty signal that large.

It's not great, but it's $5 a month. You can't beat that price. Your only other option is illegal streams (which also will be sucky quality).

bionic77

God it is so fun reading through the division blogs on ESPN and the local news on Google.

I can't wait for the real season to start.

squicken

Barnwell has the Lions bouncing back into the playoffs

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...troit-vikings-numbers-test?ex_cid=grantland33

Virtually every next-level metric beyond win-loss record suggests the Lions were unlucky to go 4-12 last season. The Lions were 16th in the Football Outsiders DVOA Rankings, which measure performance on a per-play basis, and 20th per the Pro-Football-Reference.com Simple Rating System. These metrics both credit Detroit for having played a particularly difficult schedule, ranking sixth (FO) or fifth (PFR) in difficulty across the league.

-Tough(est) schedule

-Performed below expectations given point differential

-Bad record in close games

-2nd worst fumble recovery rate

It's Tebow's birthday today.

1185799_10151789767457372_680104978_n.jpg

Blessed Tebow.

Colasante

Barnwell has the Lions bouncing back into the playoffs

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...troit-vikings-numbers-test?ex_cid=grantland33

-Tough(est) schedule

-Performed below expectations given point differential

-Bad record in close games

-2nd worst fumble recovery rate

If the Lions were in the AFC, I definitely think they'd be going to the playoffs this year. In the NFC, I think that's much less likely, though still possible. One of San Francisco or Seattle is basically guaranteed a Wild Card spot, and I see the Bears, Saints, Redskins, and maybe even the Bucs and Rams as more likely to get the 2nd Wild Card spot over the Lions. But Barnwell makes a convincing case.

brentech

If the Lions were in the AFC, I definitely think they'd be going to the playoffs this year. In the NFC, I think that's much less likely, though still possible. One of San Francisco or Seattle is basically guaranteed a Wild Card spot, and I see the Bears, Saints, Redskins, and maybe even the Bucs and Rams as more likely to get the 2nd Wild Card spot over the Lions. But Barnwell makes a convincing case.

lol

bionic77

In honor of Tebows birthday I suggest that we all refrain from any kind of sexual activity today.

God bless you Tebow. I hope you ruin the Patriots and come to play for my team next year!

Greg

I'm still drunk. Some friends and I went to a bar we've never been to and ended up watching
baseball
. Of course the game we started taking drinking bets on went to 14 innings, and the owner of the bar showed up and took part with us while supplying free drinks and shots.

brentech

I just don't see the Bears as a team that's getting better under a new HC. I don't have much faith in Matt Stafford, but neither do in in Jay Cutler.

When I think playoff teams for this year, the Bears aren't really on the radar. Doesn't mean that can't do it, we haven't even seen a real game played this season, but I think it would be pretty damn tough for them to break in.

I just don't see the Bears as a team that's getting better under a new HC. I don't have much faith in Matt Stafford, but neither do in in Jay Cutler.

When I think playoff teams for this year, the Bears aren't really on the radar. Doesn't mean that can't do it, we haven't even seen a real game played this season, but I think it would be pretty damn tough for them to break in.
That's kind of how I see it. They had a horrible second half of the season and my impressions (which are admittedly mostly surface level) are that they have had a pretty awful offseason. I'd be surprised if they finish better than 8-8.

But I think his point is that he can see the Bears getting in over the Lions.

Colasante

I think Trestman will definitely be able to help on offense. Martellus Bennett should be a huuuuuuge upgrade over Kellen Davis, and could give Cutler another non-Marshall option, which he was sorely lacking last year. That may not be good enough to make the playoffs, but I think it'll be enough to keep them ahead of the Lions. Realistically, I think it's just going to be the losers of the Seahawks/49ers and Falcons/Saints battles that secure the two Wild Card spots.

jbug617

Banned
@McClain_on_NFL A golf cart almost hit Matt Schaub during practice. "It's a good thing I've got such nimble feet. That's the youthfulness coach talks about"

Yates was that close to becoming a starter.

MechDX

So Watt wants to play goal line offense:

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/08/j-j-watt-in-texans-offense-maybe-someday/

.J. Watt’s Tuesday morning joke turned into a Gary Kubiak afternoon tease.

First, the 2012 NFL Defensive Player of the Year expressed interest in temporarily joining the Texans’ offense.

“I’ve been lobbying since day one,” Watt said after the morning practice. “It hasn’t worked yet, so I don’t think it’s going to work anytime soon. But it’s (Kubiak’s) team.”

A smiling head coach slightly opened the door less than five hours later, saying the Texans have considered using Watt in a goal-line offensive formation.

“We might let him in there at some point,” Kubiak said. “But it’s not going to be anytime soon.”

We’ve talked about it, actually,” Kubiak said. “We talked about our Wisconsin package with him and Garrett (Graham) and (Owen Daniels) on the goal line. I don’t know what part of the Wisconsin package (Watt) would play — we’ll see.”

Sconis all up in this bitch!

ChanHuk

Banned
I'm still drunk. Some friends and I went to a bar we've never been to and ended up watching
baseball
. Of course the game we started taking drinking bets on went to 14 innings, and the owner of the bar showed up and took part with us while supplying free drinks and shots.

You're an alcoholic, only alcoholics wake up drunk. You fuckin degenerate drunk. Not only are you a drunk, but you're a drunk that lives in Ohio, fuckin drunk.

squicken

I'm also selling on the Bears, but do agree with Colasante that DET would have a better shot in the AFC. There will be 10-6 NFC teams that don't make the playoffs again. I have trouble gauging the NFCN. We know the Packers will coast, and I think the Bears will be a 5 or 6 win team. But I can't figure out if MIN is going to improve enough to offset the regression from last year, or if 2012 was just a flash of AP. To me it seems like Frazier is a good coach, but the people in charge there seem to not. He's certainly better than Shortz

Greg

You're an alcoholic, only alcoholics wake up drunk. You fuckin degenerate drunk. Not only are you a drunk, but you're a drunk that lives in Ohio, fuckin drunk.
:jnc

I was out with friends I haven't seen in a while, we all had a DD, and the owner of the bar was giving us free drinks and shots - you can't pass that up.

LevelNth

Banned
I'm also selling on the Bears, but do agree with Colasante that DET would have a better shot in the AFC. There will be 10-6 NFC teams that don't make the playoffs again. I have trouble gauging the NFCN. We know the Packers will coast, and I think the Bears will be a 5 or 6 win team. But I can't figure out if MIN is going to improve enough to offset the regression from last year, or if 2012 was just a flash of AP. To me it seems like Frazier is a good coach, but the people in charge there seem to not. He's certainly better than Shortz
That division is so interesting IMO, because every single team is essentially a core 8-8 team:

The Packers are reliant on their skill players consistency to be better than 8-8, and frankly, there are few better, so they will likely win 10+ again this year.

The Bears are solid average across the board, but have the ability for one or both sides of the ball to light it up. Last year was the D, this year could very well be the O. Forte is the one people need to be talking about this year, might be a huge one for him. Super underrated pass catching RB.

The Lions have the potential to have a commanding and downright dominating offense, but it seems one of the pieces keeps breaking each year. If they all hold + Bush, they can easily win 10+.

And Minnesota is similar to the Bears.

It's such a cool division to follow right now.

ChanHuk

Banned

I was out with friends I haven't seen in a while, we all had a DD, and the owner of the bar was giving us free drinks and shots - you can't pass that up.

Sounds like you're in denial you fuckin drunk.

I hate being sober

Alright my friends, I did my workout, watched football and whats his face that used to play for the Eagles got fired for being racist? Whats up with that organization? I'm going to bed now you fucking fucks.

Sounds like you're in denial you fuckin drunk.

I hate being sober

Alright my friends, I did my workout, watched football and whats his face that used to play for the Eagles got fired for being racist? Whats up with that organization? I'm going to bed now you fucking fucks.
Are you talking about Cooper, where did you see he was cut?

jbug617

Banned
So SEC is not upping with EA for College Football next year. I think College Football video games are done for me. I enjoy all the official branding it has in the game.

Fantomex

Highlights for me:

1. Eddie Lacy literally performing 5 spin moves against me on a 10 yard run.

2. Post halftime interview with Brady Quinn who hadn't played a single snap.

3. Thrilling commentary that includes never actually saying the score and always reminding the audience of which receiver is in the slot.

4. At least 15 injuries (not exaggerating at all) occurring in a single game with 5 minute quarters.

5. Russell Wilson being unrecognizable because of his dark chocolate skin tone.

6. Jim and Phil going on about how huge of an addition Boldin is to the Niners and how he will be great at making tough catches over the middle, immediately followed by Boldin dropping a pass over the middle and getting injured because of a hit.

7. Jim talking about how a 42-24 game was "a game we will never forget."

It's okay but it still feels pretty unpolished and lacking in the presentation department, especially when compared to something like FIFA 13. I'll still play a season or two with the Dolphins just for the heck of it, though.

image.php

I just wish the Madden team was under as much pressure to improve every year as the EA Canada team is with Fifa. Madden justs adds a new big word for adding more spin moves, and calls it a new improved feature. Now with Hyper Velocity Physics Engine Artificial Reactivity!

Russell Wilson was Wesley Snipes Dark in the demo lol.

Jerry about to normalize us! Thank goodness.

Aaahhh yeaaa
fotoflexer_photo_zps3aa9ddf8.jpg

I'm gonna put you're head on this when I have time hehehe

Trent Truck carrying that mans balls.

Greg

I just wish the Madden team was under as much pressure to improve every year as the EA Canada team is with Fifa. Madden justs adds a new big word for adding more spin moves, and calls it a new improved feature. Now with Hyper Velocity Physics Engine Artificial Reactivity!

Francesa is at Giants camp today. Should be an entertaining listen.

I doubt that I got it despite being enthusiastic about it and offering to put the deposit up.

My only guess is wanted someone with more rental history or is holding out for more money.
Sorry to hear that, man. I know you were excited about it.:(

bionic77

Bucket I feel for you. We are looking to move to a bigger house. This shit sucks.

I can see why people just build their own shit eventually.

brentech

Bucket I feel for you. We are looking to move to a bigger house. This shit sucks.

I can see why people just build their own shit eventually.

Yeah, we just bought this house in 09, and as we don't have kids, we don't have to rush into a bigger house, but there are amenities we would like and are likely to build within the next 10 years.

Luckily our home value is going back up after the drastic drop down right after we bought. We're valued a bit over what we paid now. hopefully that trend keeps going.

Top Bottom