• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

Sorry for all the Madden talk but I just stumbled across this:

Eddie Lacy is the top Packers halfback, listed at 76 overall, with 87 speed, 79 strength, 88 agility, 86 acceleration 71 elusiveness, 83 ball carrier vision, 76 stiff arm, 91 trucking, 89 carrying and 96 (!) spin move.
That explains a lot!

I need to find a Mrs. Bucket for no other reason than added assets and decreased rent.

Eddie Lacy is the top Packers halfback, listed at 76 overall, with 87 speed, 79 strength, 88 agility, 86 acceleration 71 elusiveness, 83 ball carrier vision, 76 stiff arm, 91 trucking, 89 carrying and 96 (!) spin move.

What? J Franklin is atleast a 99! I'd be so pisssed If I were a Pack fan!

Greg

Bucket I feel for you. We are looking to move to a bigger house. This shit sucks.

I can see why people just build their own shit eventually.
there's an empty lot across from my place where they just knocked down a house - we can be neighbors!

and then we can put a hoop in your driveway and I'll wake you up with dunks each morning

I doubt that I got it despite being enthusiastic about it and offering to put the deposit up.

My only guess is wanted someone with more rental history or is holding out for more money.

Yeah but the current deck is massive so I'd have to get a lot of work done on it and just was like eh screw it.

wtf you are white and they didn't give you the place!?

but in all seriousness sorry to hear that bruh. i remember looking for a place on my own when i was single and it was a real pain in the ass but don't give up hope and you'll find somewhere that suits you

jbug617

Banned
Forbes NFL Most Valuable Team List

1. Dallas
2. New England
3. Washington
4. New York Giants
5. Houston
6. New York Jets
7. Philadelphia
8. Chicago
9. Baltimore
10. San Francisco

32. Oakland

Greg

wtf you are white and they didn't give you the place!?

but in all seriousness sorry to hear that bruh. i remember looking for a place on my own when i was single and it was a real pain in the ass but don't give up hope and you'll find somewhere that suits you
I bet he was wearing that 9ers hat when he went to see the place

SonnyBoy

Played the Madden demo..., 5 minutes later I turned it off. Until the line-play is fixed, it's the same game. I don't care what else is done.

Have they released any shots of Madden on the new systems?

Aside from the earlier using in-game assets shots, no. I don't think it makes sense for them to release any from a business standpoint until current-gen is released but I may be proven wrong, we shall see.

bionic77

there's an empty lot across from my place where they just knocked down a house - we can be neighbors!

and then we can put a hoop in your driveway and I'll wake you up with dunks each morning
Sorry bro, I don't Ohio. I was there in the 90s and don't feel any need to go back.

And I don't believe that you can dunk but I love seeing short guys dunk so that would be a great way to wake up in the morning.

Yeah, we just bought this house in 09, and as we don't have kids, we don't have to rush into a bigger house, but there are amenities we would like and are likely to build within the next 10 years.

Luckily our home value is going back up after the drastic drop down right after we bought. We're valued a bit over what we paid now. hopefully that trend keeps going.
Eh I don't give a fuck about home value. You buy a house to live in not to make money like some damn Floridian.

We haven't looked at a ton of houses but every time we see a house we like there is something we hate. Like the placement of the stairs, a kitchen straight out of 1970s middle America, no garage, etc. And ugh these real estate agents. They are all weirdos.

squicken

Mary Kay Cabot @MaryKayCabot
joe thomas said rams D was so vanilla last week: "they just stood there for us." Thinks lions will show a little more tomorrow.

Not to take away from Weeden's day but the Rams really were basic. I do think that had to do with young safeties but Weeden won't have an easier game all year in reading defenses

Hunter S.

1. Dallas
2. New England
3. Washington
4. New York Giants
5. Houston
6. New York Jets
7. Philadelphia
8. Chicago
9. Baltimore
10. San Francisco

32. Oakland
I thought of posting earlier, but NFL teams are make up like 22 of the top 30 most rich sports teams in the world. Except the top 3 are boring Euro soccer teams that no one in the USA cares about of course.

brentech

Eh I don't give a fuck about home value. You buy a house to live in not to make money like some damn Floridian.
Largely agreed, but I definitely don't want to lose money on it when we don't plan to be here for the long haul.

And yea, all the real estate agents I've spoke to are knobs.

Not to take away from Weeden's day but the Rams really were basic. I do think that had to do with young safeties but Weeden won't have an easier game all year in reading defenses

it goes without saying in pre-season but i think especially in the first game. i only watched the niners/broncos pre-season game extensively but both teams were as vanilla as they come. some good one on one plays by various defenders in the game (as you would expect in a 10-6 borefest) but that's how it is. take a look at most of the starting qb's in week 1 of pre-season and they all had high completion % and the statline looked good.

except wussle! sophmore slump!

LevelNth

Banned
I doubt that I got it despite being enthusiastic about it and offering to put the deposit up.

My only guess is wanted someone with more rental history or is holding out for more money.

Yeah but the current deck is massive so I'd have to get a lot of work done on it and just was like eh screw it.
Don't sweat it, it isn't you. Most owners/landlords and especially property managers care only about minimizing the risk of default or financially problematic renters so they are extremely bias towards certain professions, especially finance.

squicken

it goes without saying in pre-season but i think especially in the first game. i only watched the niners/broncos pre-season game extensively but both teams were as vanilla as they come. some good one on one plays by various defenders in the game (as you would expect in a 10-6 borefest) but that's how it is. take a look at most of the starting qb's in week 1 of pre-season and they all had high completion % and the statline looked good.

except wussle! sophmore slump!

Russ didn't look good but that's b/c his WRs are are on IR or in Germany getting HGH injected into their knees. He'll be elite as usual when it matters

1. Dallas
2. New England
3. Washington
4. New York Giants
5. Houston
6. New York Jets
7. Philadelphia
8. Chicago
9. Baltimore
10. San Francisco

32. Oakland

Steelers not even in the top 10? They're one of the best travel teams in any sport. There are Steeler fans waving towels all over the damn place.

Forbes fail.

Pete Prisco predicts every NFL game: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/p...l-game-no-perfect-records-but-a-few-surprises

He predicts the Panthers to go 3-0 heading into their bye week with wins over Seattle and the Giants, but then has us losing to the Vikes and Cardinals and finishing 8-8?

Also he has Bengals over Falcons in the Super Bowl lolwut

Dude has a hard-on for the AFC North. Every other AFC division is littered with teams under .500.

How in Tebow's holy name does he think the Steelers are better this year than the 8-8 travesty they were last year? I'm sticking by my 6-10 prediction.

Godslay

Banned
Bucket I feel for you. We are looking to move to a bigger house. This shit sucks.

I can see why people just build their own shit eventually.

Best way to go. After living in an older home, it's like night and day with new construction. Plus I got on before I interest rates rose. I fear that they will keep going up.

Montario Hardesty will undergo a knee scope Thursday.
This should seal the deal on Hardesty's roster chances. Already dealing with a dislocated thumb, he'll now need at least two weeks of rehab before getting back on the practice field. Dion Lewis has run away with the backup job, although we suspect Lewis would share time with Chris Ogbonnaya and Brandon Jackson in the event of a Trent Richardson injury. A 2010 second-round pick, Hardesty has 537 yards on 153 carries (3.50 YPC) and one touchdown in his NFL career.
Seals the deal on his time in Cleveland.

Bread

Banned
Steelers not even in the top 10? They're one of the best travel teams in any sport. There are Steeler fans waving towels all over the damn place.

Forbes fail.
Maybe you only notice because they have those disgusting towels to wave, other fans keep it classy by not polluting the vision of their fellow viewers.

squicken

Pete Prisco predicts every NFL game: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/p...l-game-no-perfect-records-but-a-few-surprises

He predicts the Panthers to go 3-0 heading into their bye week with wins over Seattle and the Giants, but then has us losing to the Vikes and Cardinals and finishing 8-8?

He has the NFC 15 games over .500. Also seems to buy into the Cardinals, which is the trendy pick right now. The Rams were trendy in in June but peaked too soon for the fall fashion shows

Hunter S.

Forbes fail.
Ha, well, the Broncos are one of highest small market teams on the list not far behind the top 10. Sold out every Broncos home game at Mile High and Sports Authority since the 1970s. Eat shit 9ers fans that have to get the NFL to buy their rich ass club a stadium.

LevelNth

Banned
He has the NFC 15 games over .500. Also seems to buy into the Cardinals, which is the trendy pick right now. The Rams were trendy in in June but peaked too soon for the fall fashion shows
He also has the Falcons somehow beating the Niners and Packers, both on the road, in the playoffs. That DEFINITELY would never happen, sorry Falcon fans.

MechDX

Forbes fail.

Its not based on fanbases but rather income to the teams. Houston for example gets all revenue in reliant from concession sales at all events held at Reliant.

The Bears on the other hand is near bankrupt because they signed a shitty deal with the city and see zero revenue from other events.

squicken

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4949/matt-flynn

Matt Flynn has the weakest arm in the NFL and can't challenge the defense beyond 25 yards

Per beat writer Vittorio Tafur, it's been "clear all camp." That's absolutely embarrassing for an NFL quarterback, of course, but not a surprise. We already knew Flynn had one of the weakest, if not the weakest, arm in the league. This is just further evidence of how spectacularly weak the Raiders' offense is going to be. Flynn has no one to throw to, and his inability to challenge farther than 25 yards down field is going to lead to stacked boxes for Darren McFadden. It's a mess of a situation.

lets take a gander at his picks LAST year in this same feature: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/...ts-go-16-0-lose-in-super-bowl;-sound-familiar

1. New England Patriots 16-0 1. New York Giants 13-3
2. New York Jets 7-9 2. Dallas Cowboys 11-5
3. Buffalo Bills 7-9 3. Philadelphia Eagles 11-5
4. Miami Dolphins 7-9 4. Washington Redskins 3-13
AFC South NFC South
1. Houston Texans 9-7 1. Atlanta Falcons 12-4
2. Tennessee Titans 7-9 2. New Orleans Saints 9-7
3. Jacksonville Jaguars 4-12 3. Carolina Panthers 5-11
4. Indianapolis Colts 1-15 4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 3-13
AFC North NFC North
1. Cincinnati Bengals 10-6 1. Green Bay Packers 14-2
2. Pittsburgh Steelers 10-6 2. Chicago Bears 10-6
3. Baltimore Ravens 9-7 3. Detroit Lions 9-7
4. Cleveland Browns 1-15 4. Minnesota Vikings 3-13
AFC West
NFC West
1. Denver Broncos 11-5 1. Arizona Cardinals 10-6
2. San Diego Chargers 10-6 2. San Francisco 49ers 9-7
3. Oakland Raiders 8-8 3. Seattle Seahawks 7-9
4. Kansas City Chiefs 6-10 4. St. Louis Rams 4-12

hmm

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

Dude insists that Seattle falling short of a few points against Atlanta is going to happen again TWICE.

Really now.

DSmalls84

Its been a while since I posted here but what happened? This thread is full of drunks, sconis and degenerates now? SNES/Newton Crosby is gone?

JABEE

effzee

1. Dallas
2. New England
3. Washington
4. New York Giants
5. Houston
6. New York Jets
7. Philadelphia
8. Chicago
9. Baltimore
10. San Francisco

32. Oakland

I think Philly slipped a bit. We used to be up at 5 I believe.

Thanks Reid!

So... Teddy Bridgewater or Jadeveon Clowney? Who do the Raiders want?

Shit.. probably Bridgewater at this point. Or trade down, I dunno.

That sucks man, hate to hear that.

Thanks man. Appreciate that.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4949/matt-flynn

Matt Flynn has the weakest arm in the NFL and can't challenge the defense beyond 25 yards

Evan Silva is a clown and Vic Tafur is not the most reliable beat writer out there. It's true Flynn has a weak arm, but so do a lot of QBs.

Still I wonder if it isn't smarter to roll the dice with Pryor at this point. He's already been getting more reps since the game, some with the 1st team, so depending on how he does in the next 2 games, he might get the job.

Colasante

Still I wonder if it isn't smarter to roll the dice with Pryor at this point. He's already been getting more reps since the game, some with the 1st team, so depending on how he does in the next 2 games, he might get the job.

I think that's what they should do. I really don't see the benefit of starting Flynn at this point. He doesn't have the arm strength to carry the team and the team doesn't have a strong enough run game or defense for him to be an effective 'game manager' either. They need to just throw Pryor out there and see what he can offer. If he sucks, great, that'll help you lock down the #1 pick, and if he's good, that's great too, you now have a legitimate starting QB.

Top Bottom