• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

MechDX

lmao so dumb

SO DUMB

this is why it's really doubtful that he tore anything, the reporters said that he came back and threw a few more passes before leaving the field for good. no way he does that with a torn acl/mcl.

Didn't a player in recent years play games with an ACL injury?

Fantomex

Can I cry on your shoulder? Also, can you buy me a ticket back there?

Yes you can AFC East brother. I will prepare you or all the agony and hopelessnes that is soon to come. I've been there for 5 years. And me and Chan can buy you a ticket, Chan has no family, friends or anyone who loves him. He must have a ton of disposable income. First Class?

DON'T TELL ME TO CALM THE FUCK DOWN! I AM CALM, MOTHERFUCKER!

Yes you can AFC East brother. I will prepare you or all the agony and hopelessnes that is soon to come. I've been there for 5 years. And me and Chan can buy you a ticket, Chan has no family, friends or anyone who loves him. He must have a ton of disposable income. First Class?

I'm sure as hell ain't flying economy. And thank you, brother.

lmao so dumb

SO DUMB

this is why it's really doubtful that he tore anything, the reporters said that he came back and threw a few more passes before leaving the field for good. no way he does that with a torn acl/mcl.

Except that he went down like he was shot and grabbed at his knee.

Now, Eric Staal had a similar incident in a hockey game this summer, where a guy stuck his knee out and made knee-to-knee contact. Staal went down in agony clutching his knee and replays made it look pretty bad. But he only had a sprain and will be back in time for the season. Side-to-side movement can sometimes be worse than hyper-extending it in the wrong direction, and the fact that it's the same knee he's had issues with before suggests that it could be easier to re-injure.

Again, we won't know for sure until one of the Masters of Evil makes an announcement.
Either that or Gisele will tweet somebody and blow the whole thing wide open.

bionic77

lmao so dumb

SO DUMB

You can throw without a ACL. You just can't move laterally. I was walking without a limp 5 days after I tore mine and I could run fine in a straight line, but any time I tried to make a lateral move I crumpled.

Eh we will find out by tomorrow but the Pats already know. They will just make you poor bastards wait until tomorrow for the MRI.

cdyhybrid

lmao so dumb

SO DUMB

This is anecdotal of course, but a RB for UW tore his ACL and didn't even realize it until later.

Cooper clarified that the injury happened in the first practice Monday, on a simple, no-contact, handoff drill. He made one cut and didn't even fall to the ground. He initially didn't think it was his knee that tweaked.

"I had so many knee injuries, I said, `It's my calf. I'm going to be fine.' Then, as the days went on I started feeling it my knee. So I told the trainers, `I think it's something serious.' That's when we got the MRI and they told me (Wednesday) it was a slight tear in my ACL."

squicken

It's easy to diagnose and ACL tear, but not everyone reacts the same or feels pain. I slipped on a wet floor. There was no pain, but I my knee felt weird when I walked. I went a week before seeing a doctor. One minute exam, they just put resistance against the ligament and can easily tell if it's right or not. You feel it too. So him walking off is good but not conclusive

Fantomex

Geno Smith threw 3 interceptions today. Rex Ryan said it's one of the worst practices hes seen. And this is coming from someone who has been practicing with Sanchez for 4 years.

jbug617

Banned
Jonathan Kraft live on radio.

The helicopter is not for Brady. He doesn't think it's serious based on a conversation but it's not a definitive statement.

brentech

lmao so dumb

SO DUMB

Pretty sure Bryan Bulaga continued playing some snaps after tearing his.
Guys do it all the time, that doesn't mean they're fine.

Just wait until you get a total confirm on anything...its not worth speculating on because he did or didn't do something.

Pretty sure Bryan Bulaga continued playing some snaps after tearing his.
Guys do it all the time, that doesn't mean they're fine.

Just wait until you get a total confirm on anything...its not worth speculating on because he did or didn't do something.

i'm pretty sure phillip rivers played an entire AFC championship game with a torn ACL... or some type of serious injury

Pats fans in New England right now:

carolina-fan.gif

other Pats

facepalm.gif

jbug617

Banned
@AdamMKaufman: @Patriots president Jonathan Kraft on with @FelgerAndMazz right now, regarding Brady: "I don't believe it's serious, but I don't know."

The helicopter isn't for Brady. He made a call after he heard about the Brady injury and based off the conversation he made that observation above.

Fantomex

I hope he's not seriously injured man. When this happened to Marino on that horrible Cleveland stadium grass it sucked. Especially once your QB is coming to the end of his careers.

MechDX

mortreport Chris Mortensen
Looking at the play, I'd say T Nate Solder is going to catch a lot of grief, regardless of Brady's status.
9 minutes ago

Complete bullshit if it happens. He didn't do it on purpose.

I'm not gonna cry.

Yet

Complete bullshit if it happens. He didn't do it on purpose.

Twitter is already blowing up, calling for him to get strung up from the highest tree and some shit. I was just joking, but some people are really talking about him deserving to get cut. But like you said, regardless of anything ESPN and Twitter will blame this all on Nate.

Fantomex

Follow

Sports Comedy
‏@SportsComedy_
Updated Patriots QB Depth Chart:
1. Ryan Mallet
2. Injured Tom Brady
10. Play 60 kid
20. Paul Crewe
55. Tim Tebow
Reply Retweet Favorite

MechDX

Follow

Sports Comedy
‏@SportsComedy_
Updated Patriots QB Depth Chart:
1. Ryan Mallet
2. Injured Tom Brady
10. Play 60 kid
20. Paul Crewe
55. Tim Tebow
Reply Retweet Favorite

Which Paul Crewe? 70's stylish Reynolds or early 2000's Sandler?

Schiano threw Clayborne under the bus. He told reporters that both teams told defensive lineman not to rush towards the passer but past them.

Until I see some video you don't know which way he was going.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
looks like the same knee.

Jests know what should be done, but they'll never unleash The Ginger Crusader on the public.

NEVER.

Top Bottom