• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

I'll leave these here:

eLQclSwh.jpg

8dNSGreh.jpg

Wussy is prettier than his wife

ChanHuk

Banned
His knock was that he held the ball hilariously high, played under Tedford, had an average arm (look at dat flutter), and his signature win had him throwing like one or two passes beyond 7 yards past the LoS.

He didn't have an average arm, he had bad mechanics that could've been corrected (which obviously have been corrected) with a good QB coach.

Ironic that Mike McCarthy thought Alex was a better prospect than Rodgers.

MechDX

Downloading Dead Rising 2 and Case Zero for free from XBLA. Didn't like the original DR but Ill try this because its free.

Greg

I don't want to rile up Packers fans, but Bedard is dropping some info on issues with Rodgers. Seems like to start his career, when he was 10-14, he went around blaming everyone for everything. Coaches and Thompson wouldn't do anything about it, so there was a players only meeting. Driver and Jennings, amongst other, told him to get his head out of his ass. Rodgers got less whiny but the players never forgot what was underneath the facade.

https://twitter.com/GregABedard/with_replies
So if I'm reading right... Jennings and Driver are referencing an issue from years ago... that happened behind closed doors. That makes them both look better how?

I've seen Rodgers publicly take blame for things, and never blame anyone else on the team publicly, but how dare he hold people accountable in the locker room!

Yeah. "Miracles".

*cough*roids*coughcough*
Tom Clements is the man.

Fantomex

So if I'm reading right... Jennings and Driver are referencing an issue from years ago... that happened behind closed doors. That makes them both look better how?

I've seen Rodgers publicly take blame for things, and never blame anyone else on the team publicly, but how dare he hold people accountable in the locker room!

Tom Clements is the man.

If you're a good quarterback, you GOSTA hold teammates accountable.

Crisco

Banned
I love all the Rodgers bullshit about him not being a leader because he calls people out when they fuck up. He's dealt with more drops than any elite QB in the league over the past 5 seasons but has never said anything about it. He says the same thing every interview "physical mistakes are fine, mental mistakes due to lack of preparation are not". These people are professionals, if you make a dumb mistake like running the wrong direction, you should be prepared to hear about it. He could be nicer about it I guess, but nice leaders never get far.

RBH

BTW, full episodes of Hard Knocks are on YouTube for anyone who's interested in watching it and doesn't have HBO.

I didn't say anything because Pack GAF is extremely sensitive about this, but it was really telling that not one but two players (Finley and Jennings) made similar comments about Rodgers.
If I'm a Packers fan, I listen to what Driver has to say above the other two.

Jennings has always been a bit of a narcissist and a politician. Combine that with his vendetta with the FO, it's hard to think he's being fair and/or objective.
Finley has always been a complete moron. I bet he has beef with the guy telling to stop being a retard and start learning the playbook.

squicken

2. I think the single-best player we saw on our tour was St. Louis tight end Jared Cook. What a catch radius. How he caught only 44 balls last year in Tennessee I’ll never know.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/08/16/training-camp-tour-thoughts/

8. I think my worry spots from the trip would be, in no particular order: Oakland generating a pass-rush … Oakland generating points … The Niners finding a bookend receiver to Anquan Boldin … the Jets at quarterback (surprise!), receiver, tight end and running back. Have I left anything out there? … Baltimore’s intermediate receiving game … Jay Cutler … Percy Harvin’s durability and what he’ll be like for the final six weeks when he comes back from hip surgery … Brandon Weeden and Christian Ponder keeping the wolves at bay.

I like that "Jay Cutler" is just left w/o description

Fantomex

unless they are receivers because if you hold them accountable behind closed doors it's considered whining!

Receivers need to go man. They eliminate wide receivers and make the league full of hard working receivers aka tight ends. Minus Gronk or Hernandez though. Imagine if everyone just did their job like Witten, Heath Miller, PItta, Jimmy Graham or Tony Gonzales?

League would be really boring though

Greg

Receivers need to go man. They eliminate wide receivers and make the league full of hard working receivers aka tight ends. Minus Gronk or Hernandez though. Imagine if everyone just did their job like Witten, Heath Miller, PItta, Jimmy Graham or Tony Gonzales?

you forgot Finley!

and the league needs more basketball players

did you know Jimmy Graham played basketball?

bionic77

Not all receivers are pussies. Hines Ward was a real fucking man and made a living catching the ball over the middle and knocking Ed Reed and other defenders the fuck out.

Blame the league though because they couldn't stand the thought of a receiver with balls who liked to block and had to change the rules to protect the dickless defenders who didn't like getting knocked out by a tiny, half asian, receiver. It did all sorts of bad things to their self esteem. :(

Top Bottom