• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

MechDX

Receivers need to go man. They eliminate wide receivers and make the league full of hard working receivers aka tight ends. Minus Gronk or Hernandez though. Imagine if everyone just did their job like Witten, Heath Miller, PItta, Jimmy Graham or Tony Gonzales?

League would be really boring though

andrejohsnonbeatingthefuckoutofInnegan.gif

Not all receivers are pussies. Hines Ward was a real fucking man and made a living catching the ball over the middle and knocking Ed Reed and other defenders the fuck out.

Blame the league though because they couldn't stand the thought of a receiver with balls who liked to block and had to change the rules to protect the dickless defenders who didn't like getting knocked out by a tiny, half asian, receiver. It did all sorts of bad things to their self esteem. :(
Hines was the Ndamukong Suh of wide receivers.

Colasante

Damn, Kyle Long received a +5.7 grade from Pro Football Focus. I think he's going to be the real deal. Apparently the right tackle looks good too. I think the Packers will still own the division with ease, but people might be sleeping on the Bears.

People outside of my window at 3am this morning were talking about how the Vikings were going to be good this year. I just started laughing.

bionic77

Hines was the Ndamukong Suh of wide receivers.
You sound like one of the dickless defenders who got his head taken off on a legal block by Hines.

Hines was never dirty. The problem was that linebackers and cornerbacks got sick of a tiny receiver beating the shit out of them.

The league pussified the rules to protect them. I would have gone a different route and move those guys to the lingerie league.

You sound like one of the dickless defenders who got his head taken off on a legal block by Hines.

Hines was never dirty. The problem was that linebackers and cornerbacks got sick of a tiny receiver beating the shit out of them.

The league pussified the rules to protect them. I would have gone a different route and move those guys to the lingerie league.
And you sound like a Steelers fan. I admire Hines' toughness but he was a dirty little dude.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Because he beat the f out of him

jz2N5.gif

squicken

Damn, Kyle Long received a +5.7 grade from Pro Football Focus. I think he's going to be the real deal. Apparently the right tackle looks good too. I think the Packers will still own the division with ease, but people might be sleeping on the Bears.

I liked both of the guys. Cutler got hit but it was Black Unicorn blowing the blocks. Cutler had lock on Marshall. Trestman tried to downplay it like it was a limited RZ playbook, but that doesn't explain the forced INT

Fantomex

you forgot Finley!

and the league needs more basketball players

did you know Jimmy Graham played basketball?

I bet he can dunk.

Not all receivers are pussies. Hines Ward was a real fucking man and made a living catching the ball over the middle and knocking Ed Reed and other defenders the fuck out.

Blame the league though because they couldn't stand the thought of a receiver with balls who liked to block and had to change the rules to protect the dickless defenders who didn't like getting knocked out by a tiny, half asian, receiver. It did all sorts of bad things to their self esteem. :(

Hines Ward was born in the wrong era. He would of fit perfectly int he 70s, when you could actually play football.

So if I'm reading right... Jennings and Driver are referencing an issue from years ago... that happened behind closed doors. That makes them both look better how?

I've seen Rodgers publicly take blame for things, and never blame anyone else on the team publicly, but how dare he hold people accountable in the locker room!
That's not how I read it. It reads to me like Rodgers blamed everyone but himself, including coaches. As Bedard said, 10-14 to start his career. Doesn't sound blameless to me.

Greg

That's not how I read it. It reads to me like Rodgers blamed everyone but himself, including coaches. As Bedard said, 10-14 to start his career. Doesn't sound blameless to me.
My point was that this is being brought up in 2013 as if it's still a lingering issue (if it ever was one). Since then he has put up consecutive huge seasons, NFL MVP, won a SB, hasn't thrown any teammates under the bus publicly, and has publicly held himself accountable for his mistakes along the way.

He also called him the best player in the league in that conversation.

FUCKING UNFOLLOWED.

Doesn't stop Rodgers once he is wronged.

I can't wait until after Rodgers career is over and he can no longer respond to his detractors and the people that piss him off just by kicking asses on the field. I expect a Walter White type transformation.

Greg

Doesn't stop Rodgers once he is wronged.

I can't wait until after Rodgers career is over and he can no longer respond to his detractors and the people that piss him off just by kicking asses on the field. I expect a Walter White type transformation.
I can't wait until he's old and on the decline and holds on to the ball too long not because of his attempts to be a hero and make a play but because his eyesight is failing him.

He's going to be the saltiest sports commentator ever.

My point was that this is being brought up in 2013 as if it's still a lingering issue (if it ever was one). Since then he has put up consecutive huge seasons, NFL MVP, won a SB, hasn't thrown any teammates under the bus publicly, and has publicly held himself accountable for his mistakes along the way.
Putting up huge numbers is meaningless to the discussion. Yes Rodgers is a great player. But the team doesn't stop after the cameras stop rolling and for all we know this could still be a problem behind closed doors.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Rodgers was friends with Ryan Braun and actually believed he was innocent. That is way more questionable than this locker room football stuff.

LJ11

The pace of Kelly's offense is going to absolutely destroy some defenses this year.

Source

It will definitely get teams winded, but Star is always tired. Guy gets winded quicker than most guys. Utah ran him into the ground, not much rotation up front, would get gassed quickly. Dude was on an all Wendy's diet, expected I guess.

Greg

You're not alone, old man. '78 baby in the building. :D PEACE.
70s
peace

it all makes sense now

Godgers is such a sour little cunt. Dude shits lemons and bleeds lime juice.
he might be one, but at least he doesn't have one!

Putting up huge numbers is meaningless to the discussion. Yes Rodgers is a great player. But the team doesn't stop after the cameras stop rolling and fir all we know this could still be a problem behind closed doors.
How is it meaningless to the discussion when you just brought up that his 10-14 record to start was reason for blame?

If he gets it done on the field, and this entire issue is about accountability for actions on the field, then his numbers show that he's holding up on his end. Taking the fall for teammates in the locker room isn't going magically make Greg Jennings healthy for an entire season and make Driver younger.

he might be one, but at least he doesn't have one!

Pssshh

Even if Brady had one, it wouldn't be sour. It would be sweet like a cherry and smell like roses. I would totally bury my face in there for all eternity.

What were we talking about again ?

Edit: Whoopsie

Putting up huge numbers is meaningless to the discussion. Yes Rodgers is a great player. But the team doesn't stop after the cameras stop rolling and for all we know this could still be a problem behind closed doors.

I think that's legitimate but that's not specific to Rodgers. If Brady wasn't so good I'm sure his teammates would absolutely hate him. He yells and throws tantrums at his players on the field; who knows what he does off the field. I think Rodgers criticizes other players when they fuck up, and I'm sure some of them take it as him passing the blame. I think the issue is that a lot of people think our WRs are humble and not divas like other WRs. All of this is showing that they're pretty much just like every other WR even though they're (for the most part) smart enough to keep it out of the public. The Packers are god and Rodgers are good so they keep quiet, but if they start losing and they're not getting the touches they feel they should be getting they complain just like every other damn receiver.

How is it meaningless to the discussion when you just brought up that his 10-14 record to start was reason for blame?
I brought up his record to show that he had blame in it too. Conversely, being good doesn't give you reason to shit on others, so in that regard yes, his record is meaningless.

If he gets it done on the field, and this entire issue is about accountability for actions on the field, then his numbers show that he's holding up on his end. Taking the fall for teammates in the locker room isn't going magically make Greg Jennings healthy for an entire season and make Driver younger.
Question - was it purely your defense's fault that they lost against the Giants two years ago? What about last season against the Niners?

I think that's legitimate but that's not specific to Rodgers. If Brady wasn't so good I'm sure his teammates would absolutely hate him. He yells and throws tantrums at his players on the field; who knows what he does off the field. I think Rodgers criticizes other players when they fuck up, and I'm sure some of them take it as him passing the blame. I think the issue is that a lot of people think our WRs are humble and not divas like other WRs. All of this is showing that they're pretty much just like every other WR even though they're (for the most part) smart enough to keep it out of the public. The Packers are god and Rodgers are good so they keep quiet, but if they start losing and they're not getting the touches they feel they should be getting they complain just like every other damn receiver.

You're right that it's not exclusive to Rodgers, but with Brady I can't agree. Yeah you see him yelling at his teammates but what's said is between him and them and he has never shit on them in any forum.

When I criticized Rodgers a few seasons ago I said it looks like he lacks passion. Brady may be a woman but he fights for every yard on the field and holds his teammates to the same standard. Rodgers seems to me like a guy who could give no fucks as long as he's performing well.

LevelNth

Banned
The D is still game changing, so IMO for the Bears to do really well all that has to happen is Cutler needs to stop zeroing in on Marshall SO often. 80-90%, sure whatever, but 100% is silly. And Forte needs to stay healthy.

I'm still predicting he has his biggest year since his rookie year in Trestman's scheme. Man loves the HB pass.

http://i.imgur.com/vIa9VQm.jpg

I'm not saying Rodgers is perfect or isn't an asshole (hold on to the ball more, dumb biiiiiiiiitch), but given the context of this situation with the players involved it's not hard to connect the dots.
I was only referring to that one terrifying Dutch post. :p

Greg

I brought up his record to show that he had blame in it too. Conversely, being good doesn't give you reason to shit on others, so in that regard yes, his record is meaningless.

Question - was it purely your defense's fault that they lost against the Giants two years ago? What about last season against the Niners?
Privately holding another professional accountable is considering shitting on them? C'MON, MAN.

I'm not saying Rodgers is blameless in every loss, but I have seen him acknowledge his mistakes publicly, and I haven't seen him throw any players under the bus publicly.

Top Bottom