• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

BigAT

The Patriots havent won anything in almost 10 years and have had terrible losses so if I was a bandwgon fan why would I still cheer for them?

Winning 2* Super Bowls and 4 AFC Championships in the last 10 seasons and making the playoffs in 9 of those 10 years, then complaining that your team "hasn't won anything" reeks of bandwagon fandom, yes.

MechDX

The Patriots havent won anything in almost 10 years and have had terrible losses so if I was a bandwgon fan why would I still cheer for them?

Yeah because having consistent 10 win seasons for 10 years and making Superbowls is rough on everyone...... fine you're not a bandwagoner but don't talk about smack you don't know or understand. Just makes you look like squicken.

In a few years when Brady retires and Bill is exposed and you are still standing I will pay for your plane ticket, give you a stepstool to stand on and I will let you slap me in the face with a pair of Ugg's while Godslay tapes it for GAF.

Greg

Can't we just all get along?

Smurfs_Circle_Dance.gif
38xJdUj.gif

squicken

I 100% agree. If you put Kap, Wilson, RG3 or any other rook QB in the last 5 years in that offense it would've been laughable.

Luck is special.

I should have mentioned they are all down on the Colts' D and thought they messed up in free agency. They think they will eventually take over the AFCS again, but not this year b/c of porous D

Winning 2* Super Bowls and 4 AFC Championships in the last 10 seasons and making the playoffs in 9 of those 10 years, then complaining that your team "hasn't won anything" reeks of bandwagon fandom, yes.
Their "down year" was missing the playoffs with an 11-5 record, lol. Poor, poor Pats fans.

MechDX

I tried...kept falling off

It was a gift from my then girlfriend/current wife. She didn't know better.

There is this new contraption called a sewing machine. Actually I read that most dry cleaners can sew it on for a few bucks. shrugs shoulders

BTW,, Anyone ever find out what happened to weinke?

jmdajr

There is this new contraption called a sewing machine. Actually I read that most dry cleaners can sew it on for a few bucks. shrugs shoulders

Sounds too technical for me....

It's ok, I wear my number 80 now.

effzee

My new favorite gif:

mccoyjukes.gif

If he can only stay healthy and Chip uses him effectively.

Just 2 years ago he led the league in TDs.

While I have enjoyed the succes theyve had, it wouldve been a lot nicer if they wouldve won the super bowls.

Greg

Not a clue. Last activity was like 2 months ago and I don't remember him ever saying anything about leaving.

MechDX

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein 8h
StatsICE Ballhawk rankings (TFL+pass defensed+INTs+forced fumbles): 1. Watt -61, 2. Miller -36, 3. Tillman -29, 4. Sherman -28, Abraham -26
Expand

Dat Watt.... I don't want to keep bringing it up but they keep finding these stats that just make you go "wow".

Tom Penny

Pats have underachieved during that span. Nothing to be happy about.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Kraft purchased the team in 1994 so lets just ignore the 40 years before that and make dumbass comments about a team that has existed 10 fucking years. You won ONE playoff game from 1960 to 1984 then had success in 85 and then got obliterated in the Superbowl. You didn't sniff a playoff win again until 1996.

The Texans were not perfect their first few years, that I will agree to. But they were not exactly set up for great success. The league fucked McNair 3 times giving the expansion slot to LA and only when McNair told the league "Last offer, expires at midnight, take it or leave it" did the finally concede. Then they proceeded to give them a shit expansion draft in comparison to what the Panthers and Jags got before. Oh and lets ignore the fact they were put immediately in a division with a young, future hall of famer QB because the league must "respect old rivalries" even if it doesn't make sense geographically.

As much shit as I give Kubiak, he and Rick Smith had to rebuild the team a second time starting in 2006 after the complete mess left by Charley Casserly and Dom Capers. Know how many players were there two years later from that era? One, Andre Johnson. Kubiak was forced that first year to try and rehabilitate David Carr against his wishes because McNair liked Carr as a person. So yeah the franchise made mistakes but learned and moved on. Your beloved Pats don't. They like taking players with character issues so they can be "smart".

So don't tell me how much my team sucks because you picked a team coming off a Superbowl win with great pieces in place and have never experienced the shit you have to suffer through. I can respect teams and their fans from GB, Chicago, Pittsburgh, NYG, NYJ and even the few Patriots life longs I personally know because they have been there and suffered but didn't waiver in their belief that their team would get better eventually. I respect the likes of Kave because he picked a terrible organization to support but one day he can bask in the glory and safely say "I was there when we were fucking terrible!" I have no respect for Titans fans because well....fuck Bud Adams, that's why.
<3

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I typed all that in Dennis Learys voice

thats good cause i read it in his voice.

This post displays why I don't like squicken. He was a oilers "fan" they left he was a texans "fan" they got their first winning season and he switches teams. Real fans don't just switch teams. Not even mentioning all the nonsense he posts about them.

This poll is on the front pageof philadelphiaeagles.com:

Which QB has the edge in the QB competition:

Vick has an advantage 77.62% (3,597 votes)

Wait until after Game 3 7.57% (351 votes)

It's almost dead even 7.55% (350 votes)

Could it go down to Game 4? 4.08% (189 votes)

Foles is in the lead 3.17% (147 votes)

Total Votes: 4,634

I am shocked that Vick is winning by such a huge margin. Even though he has been clearly the better QB I really thought is prior acts would hold him back in a lot of peoples eyes.

Top Bottom