• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

jakncoke

Banned
weluvtebow_medium.gif

Tebow Christ

Has there ever been a worse qb

Charles Woodson is a class act and hit the nail on the head. It's a receiver thing. Fucking whiny, dime-a-dozen bitter clowns crying because they were no longer necessary in Green Bay.

Woodson is the greatest. Dude doesnt take it personally when the team drops him because he knows it's not personal and its about winning. Could easily shit on the team like these other dudes but hes too classy for that. Hope he has success in Oakland.

jakncoke

Banned
Been a nfl fan since 1998, seen footage of youtube of qbs before then. But idk man Tebow consistently makes terrible qb throws, decisions. Its hard to imagine there many out there in the history of the game worse. I guess if we had enough footage of qbs pre merger Id change my mind so I guess if we narrowed the time frame to post merger. But man so bad, I used to hate him but now i think I just feel sorry for his lack of qb skills

Been a nfl fan since 1998, seen footage of youtube of qbs before then. But idk man Tebow consistently makes terrible qb throws, decisions. Its hard to imagine there many out there in the history of the game worse. I guess if we had enough footage of qbs pre merger Id change my mind so I guess if we narrowed the time frame to post merger. But man so bad, I used to hate him but now i think I just feel sorry for his lack of qb skills

And to think he beat the Steelers in the playoffs.

Godslay

Banned
Hey, at least they aren't paying him.

That season was well worth whatever money they paid him. That was a legendary win. If someone would ask, "If you had to pay a QB $18 million for a season, would you pay Tebow for that season, or Peyton for last season?" I would pay for the Tebow season.

MechDX

That season was well worth whatever money they paid him. That was a legendary win. If someone would ask, "If you had to pay a QB $18 million for a season, would you pay Tebow for that season, or Peyton for last season?" I would pay for the Tebow season.

Please tell me you're joking. I honestly can no longer tell in here.

jakncoke

Banned

wut

Godslay

Banned
Please tell me you're joking. I honestly can no longer tell in here.

If I seriously had to pick a season that I enjoyed more out of the two, it would be the Tebow season. I liked Tebow, but knew he was flawed. He was also incredibly raw. I thought for sure that we would be complete garbage, and we were to a certain degree. We had so many lucky breaks, oddly in the 4th quarter, that we squeaked into the playoffs. Out of nowhere Tim had probably the best game he'll play in his career, and won the game on a great pass, and run by DT. Then we all knew what happened in NE. It was a magnificent season in that it was unexpected.

Last season was fun, and it was great winning. Aside from the San Diego comeback game (and maybe the playoff game), there wasn't any drama like there was with the Tebow season. Manning was great, but that was expected.

Basically, if you have expectations and you fall short of those expectations it's not fun. If you have no expectations, and they are wildly exceeded then it's fun.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I still don't understand how some people think Tebow should be a starter somewhere. So delusional! Those throws last night... wow.

Furyous

There are a lot of good games today.

Carson should improve against the Cowboys. I expect decent games out of Drew Stanton and Kyle Orton. Kyle should test our secondary.

The Miami Houston game is interesting because someone has to take that second wide receiver slot in Houston.

The Jacksonville NY game will be chock full of struggle. Dirty should strengthen his hold on the starting spot unless Geno has a great game. There's nothing wrong if Geno rides the pine for a season or two. Look ARod and Kaep. That strategy works. Conversely, someone has to start forJacksonville at quarterback. Ditto for wide receiver. In any event, MJD will have a great year and provide another reason for watching the Jags this year.

That Green Bay game is a traditional preseason game. ARod will go 20 for 22 or something crazy. Then the reserves should come in and do okay. Sam will have a decent game.

In other words, it's the preseason and every team should do okay. Next week the starters should play more so then all of us see a small glimpse of hour our teams perform.

MechDX

There are a lot of good games today.

Carson should improve against the Cowboys. I expect decent games out of Drew Stanton and Kyle Orton. Kyle should test our secondary.

The Miami Houston game is interesting because someone has to take that second wide receiver slot in Houston.

The Jacksonville NY game will be chock full of struggle. Dirty should strengthen his hold on the starting spot unless Geno has a great game. There's nothing wrong if Geno rides the pine for a season or two. Look ARod and Kaep. That strategy works. Conversely, someone has to start forJacksonville at quarterback. Ditto for wide receiver. In any event, MJD will have a great year and provide another reason for watching the Jags this year.

That Green Bay game is a traditional preseason game. ARod will go 20 for 22 or something crazy. Then the reserves should come in and do okay. Sam will have a decent game.

In other words, it's the preseason and every team should do okay. Next week the starters should play more so then all of us see a small glimpse of hour our teams perform.

Um....
Texans second WR spot is settled...

Dolphins/Texans tonight! You excited, Mech?

No, its just the Dolphins. Hohum always a win. J/k

Yeah I need to see something from our OLBs. Weakest unit on the team. Cushing returns tonight from acl. Already stated he has been dying to hit someone.

squicken

Thank God no one cares about steroids in the NFL!

You know I heard a somewhat interesting answer to this. You never really see stars get busted in the NFL for roids. A lot of that is most fans only know a few players on the team anyway. But it's never a QB getting busted. Or Calvin Johnson or Adrian Peterson. There's no Clemens, Bonds, Sosa level stars in the NFL that have been suspended/banned/linked

If I had to guess I'd say the NFL has no desire to actually clean up its sport, and teams know when "random" testing is occurring, or they just downright bury positive tests for Brees/Manning/Brady. But fans don't know who JoLonn Dunbar is so they aren't going to notice that he was suspended

MechDX

Oh yeah, that'd be great. Tannehill needs to take a few deep shots tonight. A Lamar Miller truck stick on Cushing would be pretty cool also.

Now you go and make it all personal! Hope Cushing takes 10 months of not playing and watching his defense suffer, pens it all up and just unloads it all at once on Tannehill

Then with a blood soaked face he looks down at Tannehill and quietly states "Fatality!"

eznark

Banned
You know I heard a somewhat interesting answer to this. You never really see stars get busted in the NFL for roids. A lot of that is most fans only know a few players on the team anyway. But it's never a QB getting busted. Or Calvin Johnson or Adrian Peterson. There's no Clemens, Bonds, Sosa level stars in the NFL that have been suspended/banned/linked

If I had to guess I'd say the NFL has no desire to actually clean up its sport, and teams know when "random" testing is occurring, or they just downright bury positive tests for Brees/Manning/Brady. But fans don't know who JoLonn Dunbar is so they aren't going to notice that he was suspended

Shawn Merriman at his height and got DMVP votes the year he was suspended. No one ever talks about Roidney Harrison's suspension.

Golic lied for years about taking steroids and when he finally came clean, no one hated him for lying. People just don't give a shit in football.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

I don't think its that nefarious.

Cushing got busted for roids after he won rookie of the year and literally nobody cared. Fans just don't give a shit about football players using steroids for whatever reason. I think its due in large part to people actually caring about historical achievements and legacies of baseballs past but nobody really gives a shit about that kind of stuff in football.

Now you go and make it all personal! Hope Cushing takes 10 months of not playing and watching his defense suffer, pens it all up and just unloads it all at once on Tannehill

Then with a blood soaked face he looks down at Tannehill and quietly states "Fatality!"
Oh yeah, well I hope Schaub throws for 1,000 yards and is offered a 10 year extension directly after the game!

Hunter S.

all beat the broncos

Yeah, the Broncos got their toughest opponents all in the first 6 weeks. Which was Manning's first six games as a Bronco. Even Peyton needs time to adjust to a new system. When Belichick trades Brady or lets him go early in a few years because he is old Brady will crumble without Bill.

We all know that heartless bastard Bill loves to let the old guys go no matter who they are.

squicken

@Dumonjic_Alen Two of the four incompletes are because he's running shallow crosses and looking to avoid contact.

Guy doing looks at Jenkins targets. Just cut him and let other teams move on from their picks too. Rams are going to give Pead a long look tonight

Shawn Merriman at his height and got DMVP votes the year he was suspended. No one ever talks about Roidney Harrison's suspension.

Golic lied for years about taking steroids and when he finally came clean, no one hated him for lying. People just don't give a shit in football.

Yeah that's mostly it I guess. I do think there would be a hubbub if a star QB got hit. I thought Cushing tested positive b/c he was pregnant?

Top Bottom