• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

squicken

@JimmyKempski Both QBs have gotten reps w/ 1s every day in camp so far. Vick getting all the 1st team reps today. Foles w/ 2s

Vick's the starter, even if Chip won't say it

edit: Is this stuff about RG3 and Week 5 Incarcerated Bob stuff or is it legit?

JABEE

Vick's the starter, even if Chip won't say it

edit: Is this stuff about RG3 and Week 5 Incarcerated Bob stuff or is it legit?

Vick is definitely the starter.

I'm getting really excited about Chip Kelly and his offense.

The Eagles defense also looked much better against the Panthers than they did against the Patriots.

Side Note:

Eskin has been on the air for over 30 years on TV and on the radio.

bionic77

Shawn Merriman at his height and got DMVP votes the year he was suspended. No one ever talks about Roidney Harrison's suspension.

Golic lied for years about taking steroids and when he finally came clean, no one hated him for lying. People just don't give a shit in football.
Golic admitted taking roids?

Wasn't he a forgettable player anyways?

Hunter S.

There are a lot of good games today.

Carson should improve against the Cowboys. I expect decent games out of Drew Stanton and Kyle Orton. Kyle should test our secondary.

Oh, you poor soul. Kyle Orton can barely throw a ball past ten yards and if he does it will probably be intercepted because neckbeard loves his Jack Daniels.

Golic admitted taking roids?

Wasn't he a forgettable player anyways?

Was it Saved by the Bell Golic or shitty Mike and Mike Golic?

Shitty Mike and Mike Golic who's only claim to fame is sharing the same airspace as Reggie White for a few years.

He said he took roids to recover from injuries, because when you're an easily replaceable guy like he was, even a small injury is enough to lose your job.

Vick is definitely the starter.

I'm getting really excited about Chip Kelly and his offense.

The Eagles defense also looked much better against the Panthers than they did against the Patriots.

Side Note:

Eskin has been on the air for over 30 years on TV and on the radio.

Here's a nice (but longish) read about the 4 TE set that Kelly used often against the Panthers.

http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2013/08/16/no-22-eagles-introduce-4-te-package/

SI has a writeup on Christian Ponder's game yesterday. Their suggestion is that guys like Cutler get in trouble trying throws they can't make, but what gets Ponder in trouble is not trying throws he probably can make

http://nfl.si.com/2013/08/17/the-al...st-buffalos-defense-speaks-to-a-larger-issue/
I stopped at Jaws QB analysis.

In all seriousness, that's extremely charitable to Ponder. He can't make all the throws and the ones he makes aren't accurate or quick enough.

squicken

EJ Manuel had knee surgery and will miss the rest of the preseason. Man the bills and Browns just get so unlucky

I stopped at Jaws QB analysis.

In all seriousness, that's extremely charitable to Ponder. He can't make all the throws and the ones he makes aren't accurate or quick enough.

Yeah I disagreed with the arm strength thing. But I do think Ponder can make more throws than he tries, or doesn't see them in time

Yeah I disagreed with the arm strength thing. But I do think Ponder can make more throws than he tries, or doesn't see them in time
He does seem to be a bit skittish but if he doesn't see them then he can't make the throws. It's the oddest thing people say.

This shit ain't practice.

Godslay

Banned
I don't know a damn thing about UEFA, but I like watching the games. I know Squicken mentioned there are only x amount of teams that are worth a damn or significant? Anyways that Bayern drum beat with the crowd chant gets me pumped!

squicken

I don't know a damn thing about UEFA, but I like watching the games. I know Squicken mentioned there are only x amount of teams that are worth a damn or significant? Anyways that Bayern drum beat with the crowd chant gets me pumped!

Bayern is milchjon's favorite team. You guys will have that and Welker in common

Hunter S.

No. The Broncos aren't getting off that easy. As far as I'm concerned Baltimore is the favorite in the AFC.

Well, they are a good playoff team. But, it is really hard to repeat in this league or even consistently win in the playoffs. The last stat I read about teams that won the super bowl and made the playoffs the next year were 0-3. Rules are made to be broken, but it seems unlikely to me.

Godslay

Banned
Well, they are a good playoff team. But, it is really hard to repeat in in this league or even consistantly win in the playoff. The last stat I read about teams that won the super bowl and made the playoffs the next year were 0-3. Rules are made to be broken, but it seems unlikely to me.

They are the defending champions. I know it's hard to repeat, but by their own proclamations are improved over last years team, so they should be favorites imo, until proven otherwise.

Milchjon

tumblr_lvxc12hcnK1qarqt3o1_500.gif

I know there's still good in you. Don't give in to the dark side.

Godslay

Banned
tumblr_lvxc12hcnK1qarqt3o1_500.gif

I know there's still good in you. Don't give in to the dark side.

Hahaha, so you don't like Bayern? Maybe I should wander into that UEFA thread sometime. Really I don't know enough about the teams. I did enjoy watching Ozil and Xavi though in the world cup.

Milchjon

Hahaha, so you don't like Bayern? Maybe I should wander into that UEFA thread sometime. Really I don't know enough about the teams. I did enjoy watching Ozil and Xavi though in the world cup.

The only thing that transcends my hate for soccer is my hate for Bayern. I only watch games to cheer against them.

Imagine the Cowboys were as successful as the Patriots, and there was no salary cap to keep Jerry Jones from buying anyone that shows any semblance of talent. Wouldn't you just absolutely adore that team?

Soccer on a national level is absolutely fucked. 90 percent of the teams are basically feeder teams for the 2-3 teams that can compete on an international level.

squicken

If you go German, don't go with Bayern or Dortmund.

Bayern is for frontrunners and lifelongs (think Patriots)

Dortmund is for insufferable wannabe hipsters (think Apple fans)

But in soccer you either pick a front runner team or you know going in that you are rooting for a team that will never win, never keep its best players, and could potentially become a minor league team

Godslay

Banned
Wideouts
Torrey smith
Who else ? Cause I don't even know

$120 Million dollar quarterbacks should be able to mint great receivers. No sympathy there.

Everyone I've seen so far on Gaf that's a Baltimore fan has said that the team is improved over last year. If they won the Superbowl last year, there shouldn't be any excuses why they can't repeat if they are improved. Can't play the underdog anymore.

The only thing that transcends my hate for soccer is my hate for Bayern. I only watch games to cheer against them.

Imagine the Cowboys were as successful as the Patriots, and there was no salary cap to keep Jerry Jones from buying anyone that shows any semblance of talent. Wouldn't you just absolutely adore that team?

Soccer on a national level is absolutely fucked. 90 percent of the teams are basically feeder teams for the 2-3 teams that can compete on an international level.

Interesting. You could have just left it as the 90's Cowboys, that would have encapsulated the idea. I should just pull a Kave_Man and start rooting for a terrible team. But teams can be relegated correct? That happens every year? Last question, I'll go over to the other thread so as not to irritate anyone.

Milchjon

COUTINHO!

Nobody watching this Dallas-Arizona game?

I'll watch a bit for the honey badger. He's playing, right?

Interesting. You could have just left it as the 90's Cowboys, that would have encapsulated the idea. I should just pull a Kave_Man and start rooting for a terrible team.

Well, like squicken said, then you probably won't even really get to watch them.

You pretty much have to watch a hateable team. I'd just rather it wasn't Bayern ;-)

But in soccer you either pick a front runner team or you know going in that you are rooting for a team that will never win, never keep its best players, and could potentially become a minor league team

Or you wait and pray for a rich Arab to come takeover the club and bring his oil monehz.

Manchester City was at best mediocre in the PL until a few years ago.

Top Bottom