• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

Godslay

Banned
Negative on x-ray. I guess MRI is next. Bruising is my guess. He'll be back by the season opener. If he misses preseason, it'll be 20 minutes of lost playing time..

I miss the Franklin avatar btw..

Yeah, I'm going to bring him back for the preseason opener.

Well Future, the clip was too short. Doesn't look right.

Here's another one where I edited that entire portion together. Like it because it look like he's talking a bunch of shit, and then says uh huh yeah. Someone needs to add a text portion to it.

Off to Dragon's Crown!
ibc22I0UTzK7Vn.gif

brentech

Had to make it pretty small to keep it under 2mb for imgur, but here's a gif I just made to show Lacy's size. He did look huge in that bad angle picture, but still larger in the other photos that came out of him later that day.

In this clip from practice he looks of really good size for a bruising back:

QBtskx2.gif

He's really got some monster thighs though. Hopefully he'll be driving through guys.

Godslay

Banned
Well, apparently you can't add friends unless your system is up to date. 20 minutes for an update lol Sony.

That is the one reason why I can't get hyped up over a PS4, their infrastructure has always sucked for me. Way too slow.

Forgot about that Grover, now I can bear the update!

Hard Knocks comes on in a few minutes.

Unfortunately I'm not sure the Bengals have all of the storylines that the Dolphins had (Ochocinco, QB competition, Lauren Tannehill, Too Scrappy White Tight End, Philbin as a new coach, Lauren Tannehill)

eznark

Banned
Had to make it pretty small to keep it under 2mb for imgur, but here's a gif I just made to show Lacy's size. He did look huge in that bad angle picture, but still larger in the other photos that came out of him later that day.

QBtskx2.gif

Still can't tackle! Great!

brentech

Well, apparently you can't add friends unless your system is up to date. 20 minutes for an update lol Sony.

That is the one reason why I can't get hyped up over a PS4, their infrastructure has always sucked for me. Way too slow.

Forgot about that Grover, now I can bear the update!
Would imagine you'd have PS+, which auto updates the OS or auto downloads and you can just initiate it.
So all my system and game updates happen overnight with PS+

Still can't tackle! Great!
nope. You saw his stats from family night? Like 8.3 avg or something like that. We get blown up.
Only hope is a bait and switch! Lol

Yeah, I'm going to bring him back for the preseason opener.

Well Future, the clip was too short. Doesn't look right.

Here's another one where I edited that entire portion together. Like it because it look like he's talking a bunch of shit, and then says uh huh yeah. Someone needs to add a text portion to it.

Off to Dragon's Crown!
ibc22I0UTzK7Vn.gif

You, sir are alright in my book.:) Thanks!

gutshot

True plus at best he was going to be the #4 or #5 WR.

Just seems more serious due to the Maclin injury.

I think Eagles WRs shape up as:

1. DJAX
2. Cooper
3. Avant
4. Johnson
5. Shepard

Cooper and Avant will have to come up big both across the middle and in the redzone. Everyone else is small, speedy, and smaller.

Celek and Ertz, bro. Don't sleep on the TEs.

WedgeX

Banned
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Came home from a trip to Michigan, and there is some sort of roach running about on my ceiling/wall/behind my bookcases. I have no nuclear weapons with which to kill it.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Came home from a trip to Michigan, and there is some sort of roach running about on my ceiling/wall/behind my bookcases. I have no nuclear weapons with which to kill it.

lol that is the fucking worst when you see it and it goes into hiding where it's hard to reach

QBtskx2.gif

He's really got some monster thighs though. Hopefully he'll be driving through guys.
So glad we cut Bishop.

wnJpg.gif

Lack of offseason workouts. Some of it is unavoidable, but some guys won't keep their bodies strong without proper motivation.
Maybe. Bulaga wasn't a slacker, I wouldn't be surprised if the "it's laziness" hypothesis is contradicted by reality.

Could be that guys are going harder in camp, since there are less reps to go around now.

edit: cleaned up

effzee

Still shocked someone hasn't given Mike Zimmer a HC job.

I know his name floated around right after the season. And at the time when it seemed like we weren't getting Kelly I was really hoping for Gus Bradley or Zimmer. But didn't the Bengals sign him to a new contract just so he would stick around?

Celek and Ertz, bro. Don't sleep on the TEs.

Yeah under Reid regime an injury rash at WR spot would have been fatal. But with Chip we figure to run a lot more and utilize 2-3 TEs most of the time. James Casey can be huge for us while Ertz spreads the field. Though I've heard Ertz has a case of the drops.

Good to see that both Foles and Vick had really good sessions against the Pats today. Sure Brady tore our D apart but that was expected.

JABEE

I know his name floated around right after the season. And at the time when it seemed like we weren't getting Kelly I was really hoping for Gus Bradley or Zimmer. But didn't the Bengals sign him to a new contract just so he would stick around?

Yeah under Reid regime an injury rash at WR spot would have been fatal. But with Chip we figure to run a lot more and utilize 2-3 TEs most of the time. James Casey can be huge for us while Ertz spreads the field. Though I've heard Ertz has a case of the drops.

Good to see that both Foles and Vick had really good sessions against the Pats today. Sure Brady tore our D apart but that was expected.
James Casey is going to be good. I'm looking forward to our offense being ready on the line. Reid wasted so many timeouts.

Godslay

Banned
Would imagine you'd have PS+, which auto updates the OS or auto downloads and you can just initiate it.
So all my system and game updates happen overnight with PS+

nope. You saw his stats from family night? Like 8.3 avg or something like that. We get blown up.
Only hope is a bait and switch! Lol

Yeah I do. I haven't turned my Vita on since I last played Soul Sacrifice for an hour or two in like April? Anyways my psn id is reg_exp if anyone wants to add.

MechDX

James Casey is going to be good. I'm looking forward to our offense being ready on the line. Reid wasted so many timeouts.

Casey is nothing but untapped potential. Kubiak being the dipshit he is at times never utilized him properly.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

QBtskx2.gif

What is 57 doing? Trying for the defensive version of the buttfumble?

Pimpwerx

Tannehill had 4 interceptions in practice. Brady went 44-48 in practice, missed 4 throws

god damn it

He has not looked good so far. Hopefully no sophomore jinx. I got all my hopes and dreams invested in making the playoffs this year. PEACE.

brentech

Feel for that guy. Like having a winning lottery ticket and having it snatched from you.

But darn, I love me some Hard knocks.

squicken

The guys at Hard Knocks are fucking wizards. That is just awesome TV. James Harrison looks like John Wayne the way they introduce him haha

He has not looked good so far. Hopefully no sophomore jinx. I got all my hopes and dreams invested in making the playoffs this year. PEACE.

I hated the pick when it happened, but he played better than I thought he would last year. Still, this year I'm expecting Henne 2.0 for no logical reason other than it's a quarterback wearing the Miami Dolphins helmet.

I'm still so pissed they became the team that "no one wants to play!" 2nd half two years ago. We should have sucked for Luck :(

squicken

Fuck Eifert is going to be good. I know we needed line help but HNNNG I wanted him in the first.

yeah by all accounts Bradford and Cook have great chemistry already but damn Eifert was going to fall right in their laps.

also, the way they shot that Oklahoma drill was fantastic. Gresham going early at Atkins was great. it kind of does show just how much physical talent Gresham has, but he just always seems to not really care

KaYotiX

Banned
I've been playing NCAA this year - not a patch on MUT in my opinion. It's a total cash cow for EA, but it's very addictive. For the first few months of the game, I tend to buy a few packs each week with real money (I don't smoke or drink so I figure what the hell), but I do enjoy collecting all the special cards.

Trying to get some collections done now before Madden 25 lands.

yeah I drop a few bucks on it too. My only hobby is gaming, I hardly drink and don't smoke.

Its basically, Work, sleep,take care of son and game. That's my boring ass routine but I love it lol

The guys at Hard Knocks are fucking wizards. That is just awesome TV.
It is. I just wish more teams would partake.

Feel bad for Larry Black. Poor kid.:(

Think he'll be good this year fantasy wise?
I generally suck at fantasy football but I think he'll get involved in that offense early and often. He's got too much talent for Jay Gruden to not use him.

EDIT: Falcons RT Mike Johnson suffers dislocated ankle and a broken left tibia:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...e-johnson-has-broken-fibula-dislocated-ankle/

Johnson, 26, was taken away from practice in an ambulance after being transported from the field on a cart, per multiple reports. He was one of the Falcons’ options to replace the departed Tyson Clabo as Atlanta’s starting right tackle. First-year pro Lamar Holmes is listed as Johnson’s backup on Atlanta’s depth chart.

According to Smith, Johnson is slated to have surgery next week.

Given the nature of Johnson’s injuries and their thinned depth at the position, it will be interesting to see if the Falcons look to add a free agent right tackle. Notable unsigned tackles with experience on the right side include Winston Justice, Sean Locklear and Jared Gaither.

squicken

It is. I just wish more teams would partake.

Feel bad for Larry Black. Poor kid.:(

I generally suck at fantasy football but I think he'll get involved in that offense early and often. He's got too much talent for Jay Gruden to not use him.

Fisher was good friends was Steve Sabol, who used to beg him to let them do the Titans for Hard Knocks. Fisher said that all that locker room stuff, the cuts, the injuries, is "their" stuff. Didn't feel right about letting public see it. And I sort of agree. I don't think we should see Larry Black dealing with that in the training room. It's just too personal

Fisher was good friends was Steve Sabol, who used to beg him to let them do the Titans for Hard Knocks. Fisher said that all that locker room stuff, the cuts, the injuries, is "their" stuff. Didn't feel right about letting public see it. And I sort of agree. I don't think we should see Larry Black dealing with that in the training room. It's just too personal

Yet the personal side of it is what makes for amazing television. The locker room stuff, the cuts, the injuries. It's exactly the stuff we're not privy to that interests us. We watch the games every weekend. I can watch players workout and run drills on Giants.com. You remove that element and you might as well wrap the show up because no amount of editing is going to make it interesting.

I'll also disagree that "it's too personal". If anything it humanizes these guys and that, to me has a positive effect on the typical "gridiron gladiator" view that fans tend to have of football players. When you hear a player on your team has a torn ACL, are you concerned for the player or how it will affect the team first? That's a general question and I'm not judging anyone as many of us would answer the latter first but a more human face behind the sport isn't a bad thing. These are people and seeing a guy broken down in tears at the thought of his dream/livelihood slipping away is a pretty salient reminder of that.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
What to Watch For Cleveland Browns

Another Season, another new Browns Coaching Regime. The new Browns coaching staff brings together a very talented array of coaches, featuring Norv Turner, Ray Horton, and Rob Chudzinski. On both sides of the ball the Browns philosophy will be that of aggression and attacking.

Defense:

Secondary:
The number 2 corner back spot will be the main thing to watch during the preseason, Veterans Chris Owens and Buster Skrine will be battling it out with rookie McFadden in the mix. I fully expect Owens to take a grasp of the starting spot, with skrine and McFadden working in the nickel. Look for Joe Haden to continue his progression as one of the Better Cbs in league, and hopefully transcend into the Elite category. Under Ray Hortons New scheme Safety TJ Ward should be able to roam the field more.Ward should be able to play in the box/blitz and really utilize his strengths. the other safety spot will be won by Tashaun Gipson or Johnson Bademosi in the preseason.

Lb: With new additions of Linebackers Paul Kruger, Quentin Groves, and Barkevious Mingo the OLB group should be greatly improved. The main guy to pay attention to however will be Jabaal Sheard, and how he transitions to a stand up linebacker role.

In total pay attention to how much pressure the Browns new 3-4 D will be able to generate, with great Dline depth and what appears to be a deep OLB group the group should be able to cause trouble for opposing offensive lines.

Offense:

TE: At the tight end position look to see if 3rd year player Jordan Cameron can make the transition to the next great basketball playing TE. Media outlets are hyping him up to have a breakout season, but im not quite yet buying it. Jordan has all the measurements and physical skills but his main problem is he cant stay healthy, and relatively still new to the game. Backup TE Gary Barnidge could emerge as a key pass catcher on offense if Cameron cant get it done. In total this position isn't the teams strong point as of now

RB: Trent Richardson has a firm grasp on the starting job. The backup Rb spot seems to be wide open however. Camp Star Dion Lewis looks like he might emerge as the prime backup, and possibly carve himself out a role for the regular season. Lewis will be in competition with Brandon Jackson and Montario Hardesty. Rb Chris Ogbonnaya is a bigger guy with great hands, and seems to be making a transition to the lead FB spot. Dont expect Rb Trent Richardson to play much during the preseason or even at all.

QB: Watch second Year Old Brandon Weedens transition from Pat Shurmurs west coast offense to Chud/Norvs vertical passing attack. Weeden wasn't the greatest Qb last season, but now he's in a Offense that fits his strong arm better. The new scheme however wont fix all off Weedens problems however. The old had varies problems with batted balls lasts season, inability to read defenses, and spotty decision making at times. It'll be interesting to see if Weeden has made any strides in fixing any of these problems. Two Backups In Jason Campbell and Brian Hoyer were brought in for Competition. I expect Weeden to start the season, but wouldn't be surprised if we saw multiple Qbs start not unlike past years.

Other things to watch on Offense:

The Battle at the RG position between shawn lauvao and jason pinkston

Progression of 2nd year WR Josh Gordon and 3rd year Wr Greg Little.

TrentTruck

Beautiful.

But don't think I didn't see you slipping in "old" as many times as you could talking about Weeden you degenerate!

Top Bottom