• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

LJ11

Delano Howell is a good player, very useful, no worse than average from what ive seen. Stupid cut by the Bills.

RBH

ku-xlarge.gif

Hunter S.

4 slots open in the NEOGAF stragglers league.

Holla if you want in.
Is this a free league?

I also do not know about fantasy football. Some say it changes the way you watch the game for the bad. Where you care more about individual players stats than the actual team results,

I already do a weekly game prediction league that allows me to just focus on the winners and not watch for just players.

Does anyone feel fantasy truly does change the way you watch football like I described???

squicken

Carr could never throw the Cover 2 seam throw vs IND. Could never drop it over LBs/in front of safeties. That stupid fucking throwing motion has something to do with it

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Is this a free league?

I also do not know about fantasy football. Some say it changes the way you watch the game for the bad. Where you care more about individual players stats than the actual team results,

I already do a weekly game prediction league that allows me to just focus on the winners and not watch for just players.

Does anyone feel fantasy truly does change the way you watch football like I described!

Yes, free.

And only if you let it. There are people that take ff pretty seriously. They won't be in this league.

Milchjon

Is this a free league?

Does anyone feel fantasy truly does change the way you watch football like I described???

I've only played a season, and I don't take winning seriously, but it hasn't changed much for me.

Might be different if you're a competitive guy or if there's money in it.

Hunter S.

Yes, free.

And only if you let it. There are people that take ff pretty seriously. They won't be in this league.
That pretty much echoes my own thoughts on this. One year cannot hurt. Sign me up.

Also, did you already create a thread? I need to subscribe as I could not find it when I looked.

First half thoughts:

- Red Zone, Red Zone, Red Zone. Missed opportunities indeed. Offense moves the ball fine between the 20, then goes silly.

- Wilson/Brown are going to be a fun combo to watch. Two very different runners but both bring some interesting stuff to the table (Wilson's speed/explosiveness and Brown's vision).

- Better run defense this week. Connor is our MLB for better or worse. I want nothing to do with Herzlich in the middle if at all possible. The defense in general didn't play horribly all things considered. Some good pressure up front and even the Hilton TD was decently covered. Won't even bother with the circus shit, I mean nonsense happens but that should have been a picked ball.

- David Diehl can burn in the fires of hell. I can't go through another season of seeing immediate pressure on the right side and shit run blocking from him. I can't.:( I hope Justin Pugh kills it in the second half.

- Offense in general didn't seem in sync. Eli's timing is off and it didn't help when Cruz went down. That security blanket missing was immediately felt (hardy dropping that pass).

Godslay

Banned
I've only played a season, and I don't take winning seriously, but it hasn't changed much for me.

Might be different if you're a competitive guy or if there's money in it.

I will say it gives me interest in games I normally wouldn't watch. I like to play free leagues. Money leagues just aren't fun imo. I joined a FF baseball league a couple years back, won it, and it sucked because people were so serious, until it came time to pay up. Always take the money first.

MechDX

So Foster is having back issues, our RT is doing bullfighter impersonations with defenders (Ole' motherfucker!), Schaub is in midseason form with his speed, our OLB's are solid if not spectacular and Ed Reed is 152 years old.
edreed.jpg

I for one embrace 6-10 and welcome our new Browns overlords!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
That pretty much echoes my own thoughts on this. One year cannot hurt. Sign me up.

Also, did you already create a thread? I need to subscribe as I could not find it when I looked.

Yeah. I created this thread, right here. I try to talk as much fantasy football as possible in here to make eznark angry.

PM me your e-mail addy and I'll send an invite.

MechDX

Whoever recommended Tony Chachere seasoning to me has my eternal thanks.

Might've been Mech.

Is that the cajun stuff? I keep wanting to buy some due to him (and wienke, I think) hyping it up.

You damn right it was me. Just read the label: Great on everything! Seriously you can put it on or in anything and it will just make it awesome. Try it on steaks and inside your burgers....drool

EDIT: sprinkle it on the top of fresh popcorn!

So Foster is having back issues, our RT is doing bullfighter impersonations with defenders (Ole' motherfucker!), Schaub is in midseason form with his speed, our OLB's are solid if not spectacular and Ed Reed is 152 years old.
edreed.jpg

I for one embrace 6-10 and welcome our new Browns overlords!
At least Owen Daniels' career didn't end yesterday.

Top Bottom