• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

squicken

That is an idiotic trade for the Chiefs. I think it's reasonable to assume that the 49ers would have cut AJ Jenkins if they couldn't find a trade partner, and the Chiefs had first priority on the waiver claim. They could have waited 2 weeks and added Jenkins then without giving away Baldwin, who has been a bust but has at least flashed at times.

I think they were going to cut him. So it's not just the player, it's the PR of not cutting a high draft pick. Rest of the league knew it after he got on him publicly after the last game

As much of a home run the 2011 draft was for the Niners, the 2012 draft was just a huge bust. Outside of LMJ (who projects to be a change of pace back), none of the other picks have done anything. I suppose the bright spot in all of this is that despite not hitting with draft picks, Baalke at least managed to stockpile a ton of picks for the 2013 draft (a haul that I feel will be good in the long run).

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I really want to stick in some ethernet ports in my next house. I would love to enjoy the benefits of NAS and a PC that doubles as an HTPC and transmit all of this shit over wire. I find it strange that even most new houses don't have basic ethernet wiring. I thought that shit would be standard by now.

thats exactly what I use my NAS primarily for. I've ripped all my blu-rays to it and set up a HTPC.

it should be, i see it pretty frequently down here in new homes, but its by no means a majority.

I have been off cigarettes since Friday and it suuuuuuucks.

That explains why you were so edgy.

I want to get into another fantasy league.

Not liking your odds in the Shirtless League already? I understand that my team is really intimidating.

I think there's enough interest to start another league in here, if someone wants to do it.

Shirtless League 2 : Shirtless harder.

Also, I always thought Baldwin was awesome. Watch him destroy the league in SF. Honestly, why is the entire league just giving shit to the Niners? First Boldin, then the Smith trade, the dumbass trade by the Cowboys during the draft and now this. I demand an investigation!

Godslay

Banned
Recreational should be 2 or 4 games. PED should be higher imo. What warrants 6?

No idea.

Sounds like DJ Williams case where he was going to be suspended, and supplied a non-human urine sample and had 3 more games tacked on.

If Von had a diluted test initially, then something else happened say a masking agent, I could see them tacking on more. Just a guess from what some are saying. So it's nothing more than a rumor.

104.3 The Fan was talking to someone who was saying the Broncos might have been doing what the Steelers did with Ben in that they are making sure that the penalty is adequately stiff. I don't really buy that but whatever.

Well Baalke sucks clearly. Can't draft as good as Schneider in SEA for sure. But mainly the Rams need to trade Pead. Classic case of a guy needing a change of scenery, and also not being very good

Damn, I drafted Pead in the Shirtless League, because I panicked and needed a RB. I didn't know that he sucked and that he has a suspension.

Gonna be a long season.

Fox318

UD60L.gif

squicken

Pead just lacks an innate ability to run. He can't set up blocks. On kick returns, he just runs into blockers. Did the same thing on a goal line run. You watch Lacy run, and he finds a small crease and gets through the wash. Pead just ran right up Jake Longs butt and knocked him forward. It was comical. Just no instincts

Gruden would give up a first round draft pick for Cousins? Ok.

And what the heck is going on with Von Miller?

:jnc

Gruden is a terrible front office guy and overrated as a coach.

That is an idiotic trade for the Chiefs. I think it's reasonable to assume that the 49ers would have cut AJ Jenkins if they couldn't find a trade partner, and the Chiefs had first priority on the waiver claim. They could have waited 2 weeks and added Jenkins then without giving away Baldwin, who has been a bust but has at least flashed at times.

The way I hear it from Chiefs fans is Baldwin was gonna be cut anyway. Do it this way and Reid has more time to evaluate Jenkins and see if he's worth a roster spot.

No idea.

Sounds like DJ Williams case where he was going to be suspended, and supplied a non-human urine sample and had 3 more games tacked on.

If Von had a diluted test initially, then something else happened say a masking agent, I could see them tacking on more. Just a guess from what some are saying. So it's nothing more than a rumor.

104.3 The Fan was talking to someone who was saying the Broncos might have been doing what the Steelers did with Ben in that they are making sure that the penalty is adequately stiff . I don't really buy that but whatever.

I see what you did there.

squicken

Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF
A.J. Jenkins got on the field for 47 snaps as a 49er (regular & postseason games). Ran 22 routes, targeted once, dropped it

Godslay

Banned
I see what you did there.

Inadvertent, but nice catch.

Ian Rapoport Verified account
‏@RapSheet
If Von advances from Stage 2 to 3 (after 2 violations, it seems to have happened): 10 tests per month, 1 more violation means banishment

What a joke. Go after criminal violators. PEDs whatever I guess.

Hey bro, we are going to have to banish you from the NFL for smoking some pot.

DSmalls84

Pats Fans,

Any idea who is going to be the starting receiver for the rookies? Looking for some late round fantasy draft picks and Thompkins and Dobson are on my radar.

bionic77

I was wondering the same. If it's not PED's or an actual failed test, what the hell gives you 6 games? There is actually something worse than a PED in sports?
You shouldn't get suspended for weed or other drugs that don't give you an advantage. Fine at most.

And he is probably getting hammered because he is either a repeat offender or he did not cooperate with the investigation.

Speaking of the Broncos how has Peyton looked throwing the ball? Only saw a few semi deep passes from him and they all had some mild flutter. Not the darts he used to throw. But maybe I just saw his bad throws.

Pats Fans,

Any idea who is going to be the starting receiver for the rookies? Looking for some late round fantasy draft picks and Thompkins and Dobson are on my radar.

Thompkins seems like Brady his favorite target ,after Amendola, who could get a good 750 yards, 60 catches and 5 TDs or something. Plus he can line up all over the field.

Dobson could flash some more, with a couple of big plays, but might not be as consistent.

Godslay

Banned
You shouldn't get suspended for weed or other drugs that don't give you an advantage. Fine at most.

And he is probably getting hammered because he is either a repeat offender or he did not cooperate with the investigation.

Speaking of the Broncos how has Peyton looked throwing the ball? Only saw a few semi deep passes from him and they all had some mild flutter. Not the darts he used to throw. But maybe I just saw his bad throws.

He has more arm strength. More zip. Ball always wobbles. It's just the way he throws. Plenty of others have said the same (meaning various media outlets).

Bowser

‏@RapSheet
If Von advances from Stage 2 to 3 (after 2 violations, it seems to have happened): 10 tests per month, 1 more violation means banishment

While I agree suspensions for pot are dumb, bottom line is rules are rules. Other players are apparently smart enough or use more discretion than Von has. Getting multiple violations just makes him an idiot.

Afrikan

I think Jenkins will have a bigger impact with KC, than Baldwin with us.

Was hoping to see AJ get some playing time with Kap before something like this happened, but oh well coaches see him in practice so gotta trust their judgement.

Milchjon

He has more arm strength. More zip. Ball always wobbles. It's just the way he throws. Plenty of others have said the same (meaning various media outlets).

Yeah, looking at his highlights, I've always been surprised by how >50% of his throws look like shit. But who cares if they reach their target and are catchable.

Godslay

Banned
While I agree suspensions for pot are dumb, bottom line is rules are rules. Other players are apparently smart enough or use more discretion than Von has. Getting multiple violations just makes him an idiot.

No doubt. It's just silly that NFL jurisdiction supersedes state law. Furthermore, if he has a medical prescription for it, can the NFL deny him medication? He'll have to face his punishment obviously, but the rules don't reflect societies laws as they pertain to the state he resides in at least part of the time. But yeah, rules are rules.

Yeah, looking at his highlights, I've always been surprised by how >50% of his throws look like shit. But who cares if they reach their target and are catchable.

Accuracy and timing triumphs pure power imo. Osweiler has a cannon arm and throws tight spirals, but has shitting timing and mediocre accuracy. I'd take Manning's wobbly balls (haha), all the time.

TheFatOne

It begins ?

It's probably some personal reason. He didn't get hurt in the game, and there has been no news or reports of an injury. It is something to keep an eye on though.
Pats Fans,

Thompkins. He can line up all over the place, and Brady has already developed a relationship with him. Brady seems to trust him which only means good things.

Edit: I would only take Dobson really late. He may be someone to look for much later in the season.

MechDX

No doubt. It's just silly that NFL jurisdiction supersedes state law. Furthermore, if he has a medical prescription for it, can the NFL deny him medication? He'll have to face his punishment obviously, but the rules don't reflect societies laws as they pertain to the state he resides in at least part of the time. But yeah, rules are rules.

I have no evidence or anything even remotely accurate to base it on but I get this odd feeling Miller does not have a medical condition where marijuana is needed. He should just become a drinker just don't be stupid when you do it.

VY drinking: juvenile idiot
Joe Namath drinking: eccentric and a playboy

Seattle and SF back to back is fucking nuts. At least it should be smooth sailing after that.

And the Niners game is SNF and we all know what happens to the Texans in primetime.

Pfffft! We play Niners and Seattle b2b but the SEA game is a Thursday so short week. Though the SEA will be at home, at least.

Hey Godslay, what's your depth like behind Miller? I know it's a big blow, but is it a massive blow? Broncos D one of the higher considerations in fantasy but between this and Champ, not so sure anymore.

Talon

I have no evidence or anything even remotely accurate to base it on but I get this odd feeling Miller does not have a medical condition where marijuana is needed. He should just become a drinker just don't be stupid when you do it.

I hate to say it, but the 70s were just a goofy era.

Seanspeed

Banned
Pats Fans,

Thompkins definitely looks most like the sure-fire pick right now.

I'm actually fairly optimistic about the receiving core. Amendola has been brilliant so far and a lot of the rookies are really showing up, especially Thompkins and Sudfeld.

DSmalls84

Andrew Luck
Ray Rice
Marshawn Lynch
Demaryous Thomas
Mike Wallace
Eddie Lacy
Brandon Myers
Garrett Hartley
Cardinals DST

Bench

Andy Dalton
Giovani Bernard
T.Y. Hilton
Antonio Gates

This is what my fantasy draft looked like in my 12 man league yesterday. Told myself I wasn't going to take Mike Wallace...think I will probably regret that pick.

Hunter S.

‏@RapSheet

Time to quit to save a career. Even my step mom smokes pot sometimes due to a terminally ill sickness. I do not think I have ever been more disgusted with the NFL. Mostly because I and many others voted to legalize MJ partially so it could be taxed and regulated.

Von probably has a smoking circle of friends and relationships. I know for a fact when that is the case it is a lot easier to smoke from time to time especially when already drinking. That shit dies not go away when that is true. People that know no one that use it do not have this happen to them. Sigh.

I am pretty annoyed.

Pffffttt..... we gotta play the Jags and Titans!
lol

Hehe us too! We're playing your whole division this year as you probably know. We get to play you guys at home this year which is great because I haven't seen us play HOU in person yet. Trying to catch a match against every team. Damn Patriots never come here lately though, always play them on the road.

Godslay

Banned

It was just a hypothetical.

Pfffft! We play Niners and Seattle b2b but the SEA game is a Thursday so short week. Though the SEA will be at home, at least.

Hey Godslay, what's your depth like behind Miller? I know it's a big blow, but is it a massive blow? Broncos D one of the higher considerations in fantasy but between this and Champ, not so sure anymore.

Phillips will replace Miller. Guys get shifted around on the line, so I think they'll be okay. Will lose some pass rush, but Phillips replaces it somewhat. Bradley is the liability though at MLB, unless replaced by Irving.

As far as Champ, it will likely be DRC, Harris, then Tony Carter. Adequate depth at CB.

Trindon Holliday is the main reason I would take Denver's D in FF at this point. Assuming your league scoring is set up that way.

MechDX

It was just a hypothetical.

Phillips will replace Miller. Guys get shifted around on the line, so I think they'll be okay. Will lose some pass rush, but Phillips replaces it somewhat. Bradley is the liability though at MLB, unless replaced by Irving.

As far as Champ, it will likely be DRC, Harris, then Tony Carter. Adequate depth at CB.

Trindon Holliday is the main reason I would take Denver's D in FF at this point. Assuming your league scoring is set up that way.

Damn slay I feel for you. You are coming off so depressed not your usual, vibrant self. Want me to post some pics of Kubes for ya?

Gary+Kubiak+Ed+Hochuli+Indianapolis+Colts+0gTZOlyBXDyl.jpg

Kubes not afraid of those guns!

Drakeon

Just saw the Jenkins news. Not too shocked. Doubt Baldwin does much for us either, but AJ was clearly worse than Boldin, Marlon Moore, Crabtree, Manningham and Collie as well. Haven't even seen Patton yet, but hard to believe he'd be worse than AJ. Baalke stumbled a bit in 2012, but the 2013 draft class looks pretty great, so I'll chock it up as an anomaly for now. 2011 was also dynamite.

Top Bottom