• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

bionic77

online backup man. Carbonite, mozy, dropbox whatever. They're so cheap its worth if for your important stuff.
If its important you should have multiple harddrives and back it up to several places. Online can be one of those places as well.

Other than family photos and videos it is amazing how little space all of my important documents, pdfs, etc. take up.

bionic77

I bet you posted this from your iPhone!
Nah that was from my Air.

I won't say the iPhone is the best anymore. Other than dickless phone warriors I think pretty much all the smartphones are pretty good now and do the same shit. While I do have an iPhone that is mostly because I have been using it since like 2008 (Blackberry before that) and it is a pain to switch to something different. I need a compelling reason to switch. The good news is that if Apple fucks up there are plenty of good Droid phones out there that do the same shit.

I'll actually second this. I bought my Air as a replacement to my old netbook and it quickly became the most used computer in my house. One of the best computing purchases I've ever made.
I speak only truths brother.

brentech

online backup man. Carbonite, mozy, dropbox whatever. They're so cheap its worth if for your important stuff.

Eh, only thing that was actually important was the family photos from a few years back. Someone in the family does have them though. It was a butt-fumble moment.

I have an external drive I backup all my shit too, but the issue with that was that I had them in a different location than I normally put all my photos.....dunno why. So whether it's the web or somewhere else, i likely would have still missed them

Greg

Nah that was from my Air.

I won't say the iPhone is the best anymore. Other than dickless phone warriors I think pretty much all the smartphones are pretty good now and do the same shit. While I do have an iPhone that is mostly because I have been using it since like 2008 (Blackberry before that) and it is a pain to switch to something different. I need a compelling reason to switch. The good news is that if Apple fucks up there are plenty of good Droid phones out there that do the same shit.

I speak only truths brother.
I have a flip phone from 1912, so I don't even know what phones are capable of these days.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Eh, only thing that was actually important was the family photos from a few years back. Someone in the family does have them though. It was a butt-fumble moment.

I have an external drive I backup all my shit too, but the issue with that was that I had them in a different location than I normally put all my photos.....dunno why. So whether it's the web or somewhere else, i likely would have still missed them

My Mom's laptop died last week, and I spent a couple hours Saturday getting the HD out of it, and getting her family photo's out of it. Didn't realized she had so many, 3000+ photo's. So many Christmas's and family trips.

Now, I've got them on my computer, on her new laptop, and soon I'll put them on a DVD. It'd be nice to get them all printed, to make sure they'd survive the Electronic Apocalypse that is sure to come, but that'd take awhile...

Greg

I can buy 3 large refills from Dunkin Donuts, for the price of a medium (er, graaande) Frappuccino from Starbucks.
everyone that knows me knows I love coffee, so I usually have Starbucks gift cards to burn throughout the year

refills of the regular drinks aren't too bad though - it's like 50 cents for refills on my black iced/hot coffee

You are probably better off.

Plus look on the bright side. That shit is high tech in Ohio!
my phone has a stopwatch

truly a sign we're living in 2013

Dragon

Banned
I have a flip phone from 1912, so I don't even know what phones are capable of these days.

It's been nice being in NYC and knowing I can get around anywhere with just 2.50 and my phone. But I can also see not wanting to pay 100 bucks a month, if my work wasn't going to start paying my phone bill I may think about canceling the data plan. I'm almost always around wifi at this point.

bionic77

I can buy 3 large refills from Dunkin Donuts, for the price of a medium (er, graaande) Frappuccino from Starbucks.
Its cheaper to eat out of the trashcasn too. But you don't want to be caught doing it.

I actually like Duncan Donuts coffee too.
everyone that knows me knows I love coffee, so I usually have Starbucks gift cards to burn throughout the year

refills of the regular drinks aren't too bad though - it's like 50 cents for refills on my black iced/hot coffee

my phone has a stopwatch

truly a sign we're living in 2013
Get the hell out of Ohio bro.

The worst thing about living in Ohio is the women. You living with those girls long enough and your standards just go straight down the toilet. I remember being very infatuated with very average women, because in comparison they seemed pretty hot to a lot of the other beasts in that state.

Throw away your savings and move to New York or San Fran. Most of those girls are into rich guys, but there are so many hot girls you should be able to find a bunch that are also into short white guys who can allegedly dunk!

brentech

You are probably better off.

Plus look on the bright side. That shit is high tech in Ohio!

It's amazing we're even on the internet!

I have to have a colonoscopy on Thursday. I'm like a dying old man, and I don't hit 30 until later this year. Hate this shit, literally and figuratively.

Dragon

Banned
Jags name Gabbert the week 1 starter but also announce he will miss rest of preseason with a thumb injury

This isn't a joke?

I have to have a colonoscopy on Thursday. I'm like a dying old man, and I don't hit 30 until later this year. Hate this shit, literally and figuratively.

I'm with you man. Pretty sure I have hemorrhoids at this point. Pro-tip, don't read for a half n hour every time you take a shit.

bionic77

This isn't a joke?

I'm with you man. Pretty sure I have hemorrhoids at this point. Pro-tip, don't read for a half n hour every time you take a shit.
Pretty sure all Pat fans have hemorrhoids. That has nothing to do with reading on the crapper. Just a not so subtle message from the Almighty!

It's amazing we're even on the internet!

That sucks man. Hope it all comes back good.

I fucking hate doctors. And this only increases the older I get. I can't imagine how I will feel about them in a few years when I have to get yearly prostrate checkups and all that other shit. :(

brentech

I have ulcerative colitis (essentially crohn's disease, if you're more familiar with that). I don't usually have choice as to how long I'm in the bathroom.
This is like my 5th or 6th scope since 2007. I lost count. Kind of a check up, but kind of needed because my medication hasn't been working as well as it was about a year ago.

I take like 13 pills a day and every 8 weeks go to the hospital for a Remicade infusion. it is what it is...

Talon

Oops

@AdamSchefter: From @Mortreport and me: Broncos LB Von Miller likely will be suspended as soon as today for at least six games.

Dragon

Banned
I have ulcerative colitis (essentially crohn's disease, if you're more familiar with that). I don't usually have choice as to how long I'm in the bathroom.
This is like my 5th or 6th scope since 2007. I lost count. Kind of a check up, but kind of needed because my medication hasn't been working as well as it was about a year ago.

I take like 13 pills a day and every 8 weeks go to the hospital for a Remicade infusion. it is what it is...

Sorry man. I was just in a wedding where the groom had Crohn's Disease. He was originally misdiagnosed and had his gall bladder removed mistakenly. So now he can't drink more than one or two beers without having major issues. He gets treatment every two months as well and he said he hasn't had any flare ups in a while.

It's a nasty disease and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, hope things work out.

Pretty sure all Pat fans have hemorrhoids. That has nothing to do with reading on the crapper. Just a not so subtle message from the Almighty!

Red Sox fans maybe, but Pats fans are still plenty arrogant, at least about their chances in their division :).

Greg

Get the hell out of Ohio bro.

The worst thing about living in Ohio is the women. You living with those girls long enough and your standards just go straight down the toilet. I remember being very infatuated with very average women, because in comparison they seemed pretty hot to a lot of the other beasts in that state.

Throw away your savings and move to New York or San Fran. Most of those girls are into rich guys, but there are so many hot girls you should be able to find a bunch that are also into short white guys who can allegedly dunk!
It's not Ohio's fault I don't feel like paying crazy prices for phone plans when I can do everything and more on my computer. I agree, I do need to move to a better city though.

It's been nice being in NYC and knowing I can get around anywhere with just 2.50 and my phone. But I can also see not wanting to pay 100 bucks a month, if my work wasn't going to start paying my phone bill I may think about canceling the data plan. I'm almost always around wifi at this point.
Yeah, I'm on an old Virgin Mobile plan they don't even offer anymore (I'd lose it if I switched phones) - it works out to a little less than 7 bucks a month. I think the cheapest they offer now is 30 bucks a month, and I'd rather not have a phone than pay that considering how little I use it.

Me too! Ohio bros!
Except I'm getting a iphone now on one of those prepaid networks..... I'll be a king.
TRENT TRUCK!

bionic77

It's not Ohio's fault I don't feel like paying crazy prices for phone plans when I can do everything and more on my computer. I agree, I do need to move to a better city though.
I don't remember anything great about Ohio. When Columbus is arguably your best city you have problems.

Move now while you are young and can afford to live like a hobo. At times I wish I never moved out of NYC. But at the same time I would not want to raise a family in that city (not like I could afford to do it and have any money left over either).

Godslay

Banned
AT Least 6 games? So it could be more? Well one can hope it is bullshit. Doubt it though Schefter is rarely wrong. Oh well, just have to hang 30+ each game he's gone.

MechDX

AT Least 6 games? So it could be more? Well one can hope it is bullshit. Doubt it though Schefter is rarely wrong. Oh well, just have to hang 30+ each game he's gone.

Peyton-Manning.gif

Talon

Denver Broncos linebacker Von Miller likely will be suspended at least six games for violation of the league's substance policy, according to league sources.

The announcement could come as early as Monday but the sides are still negotiating the final number on a deal that is expected to be formalized sometime this week, the sources said.

Miller is not likely to go forward with an appeal, though all sides were trying to finalize the suspension's conditions.

Miller met last Thursday with the NFL Players Association with some hope he could have the suspension reduced to four games, sources said, but another source familiar with the process was convinced it will be at least a six-game suspension.

Regardless, Denver will have to begin game-planning knowing Miller will not be available.
link

MechDX

Yep. That's about how I feel.

If its any consolation Texans first 6 games:

1 Mon, Sep 9 at San Diego 10:15 PM

2 Sun, Sep 15 Tennessee 1:00 PM

3 Sun, Sep 22 at Baltimore 1:00 PM

4 Sun, Sep 29 Seattle 1:00 PM

5 Sun, Oct 6 at San Francisco 8:30 PM

6 Sun, Oct 13 St. Louis 1:00 PM

3,4, and 5 are going to be a brutal.

Knowing the league the Pats probably play the Jets twice, Bills twice, Lions and some lingerie league team.

If its any consolation Texans first 6 games:

1 Mon, Sep 9 at San Diego 10:15 PM

2 Sun, Sep 15 Tennessee 1:00 PM

3 Sun, Sep 22 at Baltimore 1:00 PM

4 Sun, Sep 29 Seattle 1:00 PM

5 Sun, Oct 6 at San Francisco 8:30 PM

6 Sun, Oct 13 St. Louis 1:00 PM

3,4, and 5 are going to be a brutal.

Knowing the league the Pats probably play the Jets twice, Bills twice, Lions and some lingerie league team.

Seattle and SF back to back is fucking nuts. At least it should be smooth sailing after that.

Top Bottom