• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

Greg

Eddie Lacy on my fantasy team. Oh please run the ball this year green bay.
LLShC.gif
rodgerslaugh.tiff

they'll run the ball... with Kuhn on 3rd and 1

I picked up Lacy in my league too

Andrew Luck
Ray Rice
Marshawn Lynch
Demaryous Thomas
Mike Wallace
Eddie Lacy
Brandon Myers
Garrett Hartley
Cardinals DST

Bench

Andy Dalton
Giovani Bernard
T.Y. Hilton
Antonio Gates

This is what my fantasy draft looked like in my 12 man league yesterday. Told myself I wasn't going to take Mike Wallace...think I will probably regret that pick.
Because you don't want to pull for the Dolphins, right?

Godslay

Banned
Damn slay I feel for you. You are coming off so depressed not your usual, vibrant self. Want me to post some pics of Kubes for ya?

Gary+Kubiak+Ed+Hochuli+Indianapolis+Colts+0gTZOlyBXDyl.jpg

Kubes not afraid of those guns!

I'm good. Just this with a shitty clean up project at work on a Monday has me annoyed. I'll get over it.

DSmalls84

Because you don't want to pull for the Dolphins, right?

lol no I'm a Falcons fan so I don't really give a damn about AFC teams, but I'm kinda doubting he puts up numbers worthy of his draft position. Seems like most of the news I have heard about Miami so far mentions poor o-line play. I'm hoping he does well, but if I had to pick a player on my team I'm expecting to be a bust it would be Wallace.

lol no I'm a Falcons fan so I don't really give a damn about AFC teams, but I'm kinda doubting he puts up numbers worthy of his draft position. Seems like most of the news I have heard about Miami so far mentions poor o-line play. I'm hoping he does well, but if I had to pick a player on my team I'm expecting to be a bust it would be Wallace.
Haha, I gotcha, I was just messin'. I think Wallace will put up pretty good numbers, he was looking great in the last preseason game. Dolphins o-line won't be great but LT Martin is coming along well and RG John Jerry should be healthy when the season starts (major weakness right now is his replacement). Also, Tannehill is awesome outside of the pocket and he's pretty mobile so I expect a lot of PA bootleg type plays that end with a Wallace target on a bomb.

bionic77

No doubt. It's just silly that NFL jurisdiction supersedes state law. Furthermore, if he has a medical prescription for it, can the NFL deny him medication? He'll have to face his punishment obviously, but the rules don't reflect societies laws as they pertain to the state he resides in at least part of the time. But yeah, rules are rules.

Accuracy and timing triumphs pure power imo. Osweiler has a cannon arm and throws tight spirals, but has shitting timing and mediocre accuracy. I'd take Manning's wobbly balls (haha), all the time.
I feel like accuracy is directly related to the tightness of the spiral.

I feel like accuracy is directly related to the tightness of the spiral.

And yet Manning has always had great accuracy even though he has never had a great arm. His passes wobbled more at the beginning of last year then normal but he has always had some wobble to his passes. Go back and watch highlights of his. He doesnt have that crazy laser arm that a lot of QB's have.

Chiggs

Gold Member
With Von Miller out, the Broncos will lose their first two or three games and quickly fall behind in their division. People will write them off.

And this is exactly what Denver wants.

Never--besides the 1998 Superbowl team that went 14-2--has Denver ever done well in the role of favored powerhouse. They just cannot handle the pressure; it's their identity. They have to be the underdogs.

I predict the Broncos will go 10-6, sneak into the playoffs--not as the division champ, either, and then cause some real damage to opposing teams...maybe getting as far as the AFC Championship.

Fantomex

Console Wars yo, at this rate if Xbone does Fifa, I'm just gonna hold out until they offer it for $199 and pay my taxes. Dudes are trying hard and I like it.

bionic77

And yet Manning has always had great accuracy even though he has never had a great arm. His passes wobbled more at the beginning of last year then normal but he has always had some wobble to his passes. Go back and watch highlights of his. He doesnt have that crazy laser arm that a lot of QB's have.
Probably because he played most of his career inside where that matters less. Try that shit in Buffalo when it is 30 below with 20 mph wins and the ball will just stop and get picked off.

Also last year I feel like Manning was shit on deep throws so that may not be the best example. He is so good though that even without a good deep ball he can still move the chains and score points.

With Von Miller out, the Broncos will lose their first two or three games and quickly fall behind in their division. People will write them off.

Never--besides the 1998 Superbowl team that went 14-2--has Denver ever done well in the role of favored powerhouse. They just cannot handle the pressure; it's their identity. They have to be the underdogs.

I predict the Broncos will go 10-6, sneak into the playoffs--not as the division champ, either, and then cause some real damage to opposing teams...maybe getting as far as the AFC Championship.
If the Broncos don't win it all this year it'll most likely be considered failure by fans and the organization. AFC Championship won't cut it!

Chiggs

Gold Member
If the Broncos don't win it all this year it'll most likely be considered failure by fans and the organization. AFC Championship won't cut it!

I agree, but I don't see them winning it. But I do see them pissing some heavily-favored teams off deep in the postseason.

Dragon

Banned

What do those Bronco teams and this one have in common besides playing in Denver? Nothing as far as I can tell.

cdyhybrid

10-6 probably wins the AFCW by 3+ games.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 36s

It is “not realistic” to expect Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski to be ready to play regular-season opener at Buffalo, per source.

MechDX

The only game of the Broncos first 6 that could have playoff consequences is the Ravens. One divisional game, Raiders and 3 vs NFC teams and the Jags

I can easily see them at 4-2 with losses @NYG & @Dallas

Hunter S.

I predict the Broncos will go 10-6, sneak into the playoffs--not
Fuck you. You do not know shit ass fuck. Keep your bullshit out of here. I have never seen you before.

cdyhybrid

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m

Lions WR Mike Thomas will be released today, I'm told. 158 catches in his first 3 season. A productive slot presence for someone...

Pats can pick up their insurance for the inevitable Amendola injury now.

It's only once every 4 years and Eli has been in the league for nine seasons.
Yeah. First game was close with the Colts eeking out the win in the end. Second game was the Jacobs helmet game and the notorious "let's dress almost no defensive tackles" game plan from Fewell and they proceeded to get run over by a team that couldn't run the ball. Not to mention the offensive line was complete shit as well.

Blowout by the Colts.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m

Lions WR Mike Thomas will be released today, I'm told. 158 catches in his first 3 season. A productive slot presence for someone...

Pats can pick up their insurance for the inevitable Amendola injury now.

Now that they have Bush they dont need anyone else on offense.

Hunter S.

Montee Ball will carry the Broncos to the Super Bowl. You heard it here first!
Thongs are not lost at all. People forget they were the 2nd highest scoring team in the NFL last year, and the offense is either slightly improved or exactly the same with a more experienced D. Thomas, and Decker.

Seanspeed

Banned
Thongs are not lost at all. People forget they were the 2nd highest scoring in the NFL last year, and the offense is either slightly improved or exactly the with a more experienced D. Thomas, and Decker.
Not completely convinced yet. They lost to every good team they played in the regular season except the Ravens, who weren't even that great during regular season.

They've got a relatively easy schedule again this year at least.

Top Bottom