• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

Dragon

Banned
If its any consolation Texans first 6 games:

1 Mon, Sep 9 at San Diego 10:15 PM

2 Sun, Sep 15 Tennessee 1:00 PM

3 Sun, Sep 22 at Baltimore 1:00 PM

4 Sun, Sep 29 Seattle 1:00 PM

5 Sun, Oct 6 at San Francisco 8:30 PM

6 Sun, Oct 13 St. Louis 1:00 PM

3,4, and 5 are going to be a brutal.

Knowing the league the Pats probably play the Jets twice, Bills twice, Lions and some lingerie league team.

Shitting on the AFC East is all well and good (can't really argue with it!) but the AFC South isn't much better. The Colts are probably not going to be .500 this year and the Titans are pretty much the definition of mediocre.

Bowser

Panthers gauntlet is weeks 9-11: vs ATL, @SF, vs NE (MNF)

Also, all 6 of our divisional games are in the last 10 games of the season.

MechDX

That is true.
Seattle is a way tougher place to play then SF.

Oddly enough going by the inter conference rotation, home then away we were supposed to play Seattle there but there is some NFL rule limiting how many miles a team travels to the west coast in a season and they switched the Cards and Seahawks.

Oddly enough going by the inter conference rotation, home then away we were supposed to play Seattle there but there is some NFL rule limiting how many miles a team travels to the west coast in a season and they switched the Cards and Seahawks.

Damn that is a huge break for you guys. There is no tougher stretch possible then @ SF and @ Seattle.

Godslay

Banned
What was Miller injecting into his buttocks to get 6+ games?

Rumors are that either he used a masking agent to cover up recreational drug use, the arrest being used against him, or the NFL not liking the team/Von thinking he could beat the suspension. We will find out soon enough.

Tamanon

Banned
I have no problem with Gabbert being named the starter. We've got to see what he can really do. Henne is a known commodity, backup for the rest of his career. Need to see if Gabbert can step up before deciding if we're going to burn a pick on a QB next year.

He looked really good on Saturday, and the offense in general looked much more creative than it has in years. The additions of Robinson and Sanders makes the team much faster and less predictable. Throw in a healthy MoJo and we might surprise some folks.

The thumb benching is probably more precaution, coaches didn't want him to force himself to keep playing because he had to win the job. Would've made a minor injury probably worse.

bionic77

I have no problem with Gabbert being named the starter. We've got to see what he can really do. Henne is a known commodity, backup for the rest of his career. Need to see if Gabbert can step up before deciding if we're going to burn a pick on a QB next year.

He looked really good on Saturday, and the offense in general looked much more creative than it has in years. The additions of Robinson and Sanders makes the team much faster and less predictable. Throw in a healthy MoJo and we might surprise some folks.

The thumb benching is probably more precaution, coaches didn't want him to force himself to keep playing because he had to win the job. Would've made a minor injury probably worse.
What is the current hair situation with Gabbert?

I have been off cigarettes since Friday and it suuuuuuucks.
The first 2 weeks are the worst.

If you have time I suggest hitting the gym during that time. Something about a physical workout helps me with any kind of craving. Granted wanted a chocolate cookie is not the same as nicotine, but it can't hurt.

squicken

I am really curious what they gave up for him. Seemed like there were rumors he might be cut by the 9ers. If Reid cant build a SB in KC at least he can help build one in SF.

haha so true. That trade for Alex was a joke. They could have waited it out and got him for like a 3rd. What was the market for him? No decent GM pays for a stop-gap QB

edit: Jenkins for Baldwin. Slop for slop, shades of Wayne Hunter for Jason Smith

LevelNth

Banned
Damn Jenkins is such a bust lol. Worst pick in the harbaugh / baalke era
It definitely seems so, and I would love if we actually get something of value for him rather than him just busting out and it being a complete waste.

I watched the second preseason game yesterday and man oh man did Jenkins get MANHANDLED by Smith's press coverage. I'm no talent evaluator but Jenkins just looks like he has no real desire. We really needed him to step up too.

Austin Collie future! Don't hit him in the head please!

EDIT: OMG Baldwin! I'll take that any day, at the very least Baldwin has size, which we desperately need. Great trade IMO.

Talon

haha so true. That trade for Alex was a joke. They could have waited it out and got him for like a 3rd. What was the market for him? No decent GM pays for a stop-gap QB

edit: Jenkins for Baldwin. Slop for slop, shades of Wayne Hunter for Jason Smith
Remember when Bowe, Baldwin, Moeaki and Speeds McQuickerson were supposed to set the world on fire?

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
If its important you should have multiple harddrives and back it up to several places. Online can be one of those places as well.

Other than family photos and videos it is amazing how little space all of my important documents, pdfs, etc. take up.

oh i do. All my stuff is on local storage gets backed up to all of these simultaneously -> NAS -> external HDD -> Online backup.

bionic77

I am way too excited about a pre-season game against the Redskins.

Speaking of the Skins when does RG3 come back? And who should I look out for on their defense? I don't give a fuck about their offense with Cousins and whoever else they are playing.

oh i do. All my stuff is on local storage gets backed up to all of these simultaneously -> NAS -> external HDD -> Online backup.
I really want to stick in some ethernet ports in my next house. I would love to enjoy the benefits of NAS and a PC that doubles as an HTPC and transmit all of this shit over wire. I find it strange that even most new houses don't have basic ethernet wiring. I thought that shit would be standard by now.

squicken

I am way too excited about a pre-season game against the Redskins.

Speaking of the Skins when does RG3 come back? And who should I look out for on their defense? I don't give a fuck about their offense with Cousins and whoever else they are playing.

Orakpo has looked good this preseason. Missed last year but has lots skill as a pass rusher

LevelNth

Banned
The Chiefs have a brutal WR situation. Jenkins won't solve it but I guess might as well see since Baldwin wasn't making the team.
I guess they really didn't like Baldwin, but I guess they just wanted to get something.

So curious to see if Harbs can get something more out of Baldwin. I'm happy he at least has two seasons of SOME production with KC.

methodman

Banned
I guess they really didn't like Baldwin, but I guess they just wanted to get something.

So curious to see if Harbs can get something more out of Baldwin. I'm happy he at least has two seasons of SOME production with KC.
I doubt they're gonna get much from Baldwin, but I think they were completely done with aj :jnc

The only thing Baldwin has done in the pros is hurt his wrist fighting Thomas Jones and this catch that was wiped out by penalty.

Watching him trying to beat the press is brutal, and when he eventually does, the ball clanks off of his hands.

Bowe's numbers are amazing when you consider the QBs throwing him the ball and the bums lined up on the other side of the field from him.

I wouldn't be shocked if Moeaki was cut or moved either.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
yMMhEFd.gif

Colasante

That is an idiotic trade for the Chiefs. I think it's reasonable to assume that the 49ers would have cut AJ Jenkins if they couldn't find a trade partner, and the Chiefs had first priority on the waiver claim. They could have waited 2 weeks and added Jenkins then without giving away Baldwin, who has been a bust but has at least flashed at times.

Turnstile

Rumors are that either he used a masking agent to cover up recreational drug use, the arrest being used against him, or the NFL not liking the team/Von thinking he could beat the suspension. We will find out soon enough.

Recreational should be 2 or 4 games. PED should be higher imo. What warrants 6?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
That is an idiotic trade for the Chiefs. I think it's reasonable to assume that the 49ers would have cut AJ Jenkins if they couldn't find a trade partner, and the Chiefs had first priority on the waiver claim. They could have waited 2 weeks and added Jenkins then without giving away Baldwin, who has been a bust but has at least flashed at times.

Why waste the waiver position? Bust receiver for bust receiver, try to give them a change of scenery at least.

But hey 49ers got the cheaper julio jones!

Top Bottom