• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

MechDX

With Von Miller out, the Broncos will lose their first two or three games and quickly fall behind in their division. People will write them off.

And this is exactly what Denver wants.

Never--besides the 1998 Superbowl team that went 14-2--has Denver ever done well in the role of favored powerhouse. They just cannot handle the pressure; it's their identity. They have to be the underdogs.

I predict the Broncos will go 10-6, sneak into the playoffs--not as the division champ, either, and then cause some real damage to opposing teams...maybe getting as far as the AFC Championship.

What do those Bronco teams and this one have in common besides playing in Denver? Nothing as far as I can tell.

A Hall of Fame QB and a good receiving corps?

Colemanwtf.gif

Colasante

I cannot envision any possible scenario in which the Broncos go 10-6 this year. They have nearly 6 guaranteed victories against division opponents, and play the AFC South and NFC East. That's not a very difficult schedule.

It was just a hypothetical.

Phillips will replace Miller. Guys get shifted around on the line, so I think they'll be okay. Will lose some pass rush, but Phillips replaces it somewhat. Bradley is the liability though at MLB, unless replaced by Irving.

As far as Champ, it will likely be DRC, Harris, then Tony Carter. Adequate depth at CB.

Trindon Holliday is the main reason I would take Denver's D in FF at this point. Assuming your league scoring is set up that way.

That's what I was curious about, how decent the backup was. We will really miss D Wash the first 4 games but hopefully Dansby will be a decent fill in. Dansby still hasn't played in the pre-season though, need to get his ass out there this week. I heard Bradley has been looking good in camp, has he just been poor in the games?

Looks like Dan Williams and I believe Dansby are finally practicing today wohoo! Hopefully they'll be healthy enough to play this weekend. The front line will get a nice boost when Williams is back in there.

Bread

Banned
in other news

i got a tom brady haircut to commemorate my journey back home, far from this state of heathens chan calls home.

Hunter S.

Broncos. I've been here before...sporadically. Just a busy guy.

Why are you so worked up?

I will not give extremely negative Broncos fans a break. The first post is ridiculous to me and seemed to be posted by a person that dislikes the Broncos or Peyton.

obviously I am mad Von is being banned for using a legal drug in Colorado. One I happen to use along with at least 1/4 of the people I know. Hey, Colorado likes it's legal weed.

MechDX

I will not give extremely negative Broncos fans a break. The first post is ridiculous to me and seemed to be posted by a person that dislikes the Broncos or Peyton.

obviously I am mad Con is being bann end for using a legal drug in Colorado. One I happen to use so ng with at least 1/4 of the people I know. Hey, Colorado likes it's legal weed.

Are you high right now?

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
obviously I am mad Von is being banned for using a legal drug in Colorado. One I happen to use along with at least 1/4 of the people I know. Hey, Colorado likes it's legal weed.
1st of all, doesn't matter if its legal or not. Drinking is legal, but you bet your ass, unless all of us are working for ourselves or we're in the 1960's mad men, if we show up drunk we would all be fired. You're employer can drug test you whenever they want.

2nd of all, you have to be the dumbest person on the planet to test positive for weed in the NFL. You get tested one. time. per. year. for weed. Put the weed down for a month, piss fine and then go back to smoking your damn head off.

Chiggs

Gold Member

Glad you're so positive about the Broncos. Ironically, I thought I was pretty positive about them too. I think that a heavily favored team in the preseason that goes on to struggle in the first 5 or 6 weeks, getting written off in the process, then--against all odds--makes it to the playoffs and beats the shit out of a heavily favored team, is fairly gratifying.

I know it's Super Bowl or bust, and I would love to see Peyton hoist the Lombardi and walk off into the sunset, but sometimes he just seems to lack that killer instinct that someone like Brady or Elway has/had.

Except, of course, when he was going up against Larry Coyer's magnificent defense in 2003 and 2004. Then he was fucking lights out.

Godslay

Banned
Chiggs was here before me Hunter, he's a loyal Broncos fan. He's also a good guy, a little pessimistic at times, but I think in this case it is a warranted. I do agree that this team needs to find their killer instinct. Starts with Fox imo. He's way too laid back and aloof at times. Shanny would kill his own mother to win the SB, and I think Fox needs a little bit of that.

Hunter S.

Well, I cannot respond as I would like to all posts. I have the day off for personal reasons and I am going to spend the rest of it climbing the mountains behind my house. Peace out all.

Top Bottom