• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

squicken

Phins fans, any insight on why Marshall got cut? Davis, Sean Smith, and now Marshall. Lots of pretty talented guys have come and gone recently

ChanHuk

Banned
Dolphins released Richard Marshall, I bet they're regretting not retaining Sean Smith.

In the daily life of Chan, I stayed up last night in anticipation of working tonight. Apparently the girl that I was covering for came back from her medical leave so she gets priority on the shift. Now I'm wide awake, I would just pop some pills but I'm smarter than Von Miller as I'm anticipating a drug test soon.

Dolphins released Richard Marshall, I bet they're regretting not retaining Sean Smith.

In the daily life of Chan, I stayed up last night in anticipation of working tonight. Apparently the girl that I was covering for came back from her medical leave so she gets priority on the shift. Now I'm wide awake, I would just pop some pills but I'm smarter than Von Miller as I'm anticipating a drug test soon.

Watch Hard Knocks.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
As someone that likes a good mix of big/small titles I don't have an issue there. ResoGun alone was worth it.:D I *heart* Housemarque.

Frankly loved the indie focus of the conference.

i agree, how many big titles do you need at once? They are just going to cannibalize each other. I like having small titles that you can just pick up and play.

I already have no idea how i'm going to fit GTA in this fall, between working 40-60 hours a week and trying to watch all the NFL games I can and generally have a life, getting married and running side businesses.

Godslay

Banned
Bronco fans, any word on this Sealver Siliga brah?

Depth. Would have likely been cut is the rumor. Still a solid player, just buried under Knighton, Phillips, Unrein, and Vickerson. I guess I don't know Seattles DT situation enough to know how he'll do. I'm assuming someone is hurt or the depth is not that great?

MechDX

Here Browns GAF I made you something using my mad MS Paint skills!

1NNo3j5.png

smh Mech, and the depression and despair usually happens after game 1! get it right!
I don't know man. The wait between episodes is a bitch.

I watched the first four seasons on Netflix so I got all spoiled.

yeah that what i did with all of it and s5 part 1. i just like catching the final live and seeing the reactions...................i like to be apart of things

jergrah

Phins fans, any insight on why Marshall got cut? Davis, Sean Smith, and now Marshall. Lots of pretty talented guys have come and gone recently

Overpaid and his been outperformed by Patterson in camp. With young CBs up and coming, he's a progress stopper. Rookies Taylor and Davis need to play and are much cheaper.

rando14

Depth. Would have likely been cut is the rumor. Still a solid player, just buried under Knighton, Phillips, Unrein, and Vickerson. I guess I don't know Seattles DT situation enough to know how he'll do. I'm assuming someone is hurt or the depth is not that great?

Yeah I guess the hawks wanted to strengthen their defensive line. Unfortunately Moffitt never really panned out here, I hope he does well in Denver though.

squicken

Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington
Marshall has indeed been cut by MIA. Players surprisingly not surprised, two of which tell me he wasn't playing well enough to merit big $.

Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington
One Dolphins player says the team has some good, young defensive backs to compliment Brent Grimes, who has been a star in training camp.

Guess they tried to trade him but found no takers, since everyone knew he'd be cut

He's going to start the third preseason game and is looking like a lock to start the season as FS. Harbaugh will never be the type of coach to start a rookie right away in camp if there are vet options.

It is a good thing for SF if Reid wins the job

MechDX

you obviously haven't seen Trent Truck, we out the slump Biiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttttttttchhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Yeah I felt that way when Arian showed up in 2009. Trust me you are just now starting the cycle and it has to run a few years but you get through it. Im here for you guys.

How's the first one?

Got it for free after the PSN debacle thing but still haven't touched it..
I like it better than the sequel in some ways. You ever play Crackdown? If you liked the orb hunting in that, inFamous should click with you. It's a more "controlled" open world game than something like GTA or Saint's Row but that works to its benefit. The world traversal elements are fun and get better as you get better powers.

The fluctuating framerate and repetitiveness of the side missions are a bother though.

Milchjon

Americans use liters too, German.

Yeah, somewhere after gallons, fluid ounces and cups.

:p

I remember reading about this years ago. US military in Germany have ration cards for certain items. I guess it applies to items purchased on base. After the war there were shortages, so the Germans and US Military came up with the system to ration things like cigarettes and alcohol, and I guess coffee

The US has tried to get the Germans to lift the rations wrt the bases, but the Germans won't

edit: Google says

Whoa, that sucks. Sorry WW! Can'tyou just stock up outside the base? Otherwise I'll gladly exchange coffee for Popeye's and Taco Bell!

Godslay

Banned
Yeah I guess the hawks wanted to strengthen their defensive line. Unfortunately Moffitt never really panned out here, I hope he does well in Denver though.

We are kinda sorta desperate for Olinemen, at least until some of these guys come back from injury. It's a good deal for us to add him as depth even if he has a less than perfect knee as the reports suggest. No point in carrying Siliga if there are other needs. Especially being buried in the depth charts. Sounds like a win/win for both teams.

Future, you have Twitter? I feel like we should Twittermeet, since I'm at it now.

Also, WanderingWind, when will you visit the best former part of Germany, The Netherlands?

Hunter S.

Yeah, somewhere after gallons, fluid ounces and cups.

:p

Whoa, that sucks. Sorry WW! Can'tyou just stock up outside the base? Otherwise I'll gladly exchange coffee for Popeye's and Taco Bell!
Lol, the meteric system is used in all forms of science where it matters dirty Euro.

On another note, thought my 360 was brocken all week and was bummed out. The red ring of death piece of shit works now and I can finally beat Far cry 3. Wooooooooooop!!!

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
What are you talking about. I drank like 2 liters of that shit today (yes, liters. Get used to our superior units asap.)

Also, are you in Germany already? If so, Herzlich Willkommen!

Got my housing. Thanks squicken. So it's only on bases.

WHEW.

I'll be there in about 7 weeks. I'll call you...we'll trade for Popeyes.

Byrd finally signs with the Bills.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 7m

Bills announced that the team has signed FS Jairus Byrd to a one-year franchise tender.

Not long term but at least that should get him with the team.

Top Bottom