• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
He'll probably join the Browns dream team next season.

No, we'll make the playoffs and EJ will have a RGIII style impact and revitalize the team and Byrd will want to stay on and then my dad will come back from the store with those cigarettes he went to get 26 years ago and then we'll go watch the Super Bowl.

Anyone pick up XCom Declassified? I'm ashamed to say that I haven't played Enemy Unknown as of yet but Declassified looks like an interesting mash-up.

Enemy Unknown is likely on deck after I finish up Pikmin 3 this weekend. I've tried for the past two weeks to get into Sleeping Dogs several times and it's just doing nothing for me. I've heard it's good but I'm finding it pretty dull through the first 4-5 hours so far.:( Had the same issue with Dishonored and gave up on that and never got back to it. Is it just a slow burn early on and picks up or should I just move on?

No, we'll make the playoffs and EJ will have a RGIII style impact and revitalize the team and Byrd will want to stay on and then my dad will come back from the store with those cigarettes he went to get 26 years ago and then we'll go watch the Super Bowl.
Oh wow lol................

Lunchbox

Banned
Infamous is the best open world series going. By a country mile.
no, it's a boring slow nerd game with a douche for a hero, and in the second one he gets tribal tattoos like Riley cooper and goes to Americas toilet New Orleans

Saints Row 4 is the open world game of the generation

ChanHuk

Banned
no, it's a boring slow nerd game with a douche for a hero

Its even more slow and boring than your douchy "speedboat"

I missed you Lunchbox, no other Pats fan here knows how to troll like you, fuckin troll.

Dragon

Banned
Lunchbox has been banned more than SNES. And he's only had the one name

Lunchbox never had PMs exposed where he shit all over the admins here on GAF as far as I know.

no, it's a boring slow nerd game with a douche for a hero, and in the second one he gets tribal tattoos like Riley cooper and goes to Americas toilet New Orleans

SR3 is a great game no doubt, but Infamous is a fun flawed game. I liked 1 more than 2.

Anyone pick up XCom Declassified? I'm ashamed to say that I haven't played Enemy Unknown as of yet but Declassified looks like an interesting mash-up.

Enemy Unknown is likely on deck after I finish up Pikmin 3 this weekend. I've tried for the past two weeks to get into Sleeping Dogs several times and it's just doing nothing for me. I've heard it's good but I'm finding it pretty dull through the first 4-5 hours so far.:( Had the same issue with Dishonored and gave up on that and never got back to it. Is it just a slow burn early on and picks up or should I just move on?
Declassified looks like bargain bin material to me, but EU was a fantastic game. Just make sure you play on ironman, the added tension makes for some unforgettable moments of organic gameplay.

The highlights of Sleeping Dogs for me were the combat and story. I thought both were fairly strong from the get go though, so if you're not liking it by now it might not be for you.

I still need to pick up Pikmin 3 sometime... Are you planning on getting The Wonderful 101? I might pick that up whenever I finish SMT IV.

Hunter S.

Go back to Mens Fashion you flamebot with homosexual tendincies. I loved both infamouses beat them both twice apiece.

I have not played a Saints Row , but I plan to.

Dragon

Banned
So proud of your snitchin' ways...lol

I know I'm an asshole. But I also know that snes deserved his ban. If he's doing things like using proxies and the like to access GAF like I think he is, maybe it wasn't such a good idea to shit on the people that run a place that he obviously enjoys.

Lunchbox

Banned
Its even more slow and boring than your douchy "speedboat"
those words wouldve hurt bro..........if me and my boat wasnt crossing the longisland sound and drinking imports from holland over the weekend instead of playing shitty games like infamous. thats my bathtub, aka the atlantic

IcWBQ4A.jpg

I still need to pick up Pikmin 3 sometime... Are you planning on getting The Wonderful 101? I might pick that up whenever I finish SMT IV.
Yeah, demo was great despite taking awhile to figure out what the hell to do.:jnc Probably should have gone through the training.

Probably going to ditch Sleeping Dogs, then and move on to Enemy Unknown. Long overdue. Thanks!

Godslay

Banned
Lunchbox never had PMs exposed where he shit all over the admins here on GAF as far as I know.

Well mods/admins are human after all. They are subject to stupid opinions just like anyone else. I don't think they deserve any special treatment, and I don't think someone should get banned for voicing their opinion on them, as long as it falls under the TOS.

It's wasn't that long ago when Amirox was a mod. We all see how that worked out. Plenty of people have also disagreed with Opiate.

As far as SNES and his alts, I don't know why anyone cares. Let the mods figure it out if it's even worth their time.

Dragon

Banned
those words wouldve hurt bro..........if me and my boat wasnt crossing the longisland sound and drinking imports from holland over the weekend instead of playing shitty games like infamous. thats my bathtub, aka the atlantic

IcWBQ4A.jpg

Bro if you want a dick wagging contest, I make more money than you, am better looking, and have a bigger dick. May want to go to Holland and drink domestics over there to save face.

Well mods/admins are human after all. They are subject to stupid opinions just like anyone else. I don't think they deserve any special treatment, and I don't think someone should get banned for voicing their opinion on them, as long as it falls under the TOS.

It's wasn't that long ago when Amirox was a mod. We all see how that worked out. Plenty of people have also disagreed with Opiate.

As far as SNES and his alts, I don't know why anyone cares. Let the mods figure it out if it's even worth their time.

I agree with what you said. I'm not going to call him out again, and truthfully when I did it was totally without malice, it was just by rote because I had done it in here.

Also, I got into a huge argument with a coworker today during a work draft about Welker and whether he's going to catch 100 passes. He was of the belief that the Broncos don't do the dink and dunk like the Pats so he wouldn't get a chance with Thomas and Decker. I think it's a given if he's healthy.

I must admit I was getting sick and tired of the "you people" posts but otherwise I couldn't care less.

Also, I got into a huge argument with a coworker today during a work draft about Welker and whether he's going to catch 100 passes. He was of the belief that the Broncos don't do the dink and dunk like the Pats so he wouldn't get a chance with Thomas and Decker. I think it's a given if he's healthy.

I agree with your coworker. Manning has stud WRs on either side of him. The offense doesn't need to go through Welker like it did in NE. Welker's the man when you need a critical 3rd down though.

Yeah, demo was great despite taking awhile to figure out what the hell to do.:jnc Probably should have gone through the training.
It didn't really help, haha. Typical Platinum. I'm with you though, once my brain could actually process the action it was a lot of fun. My most anticipated Wii U games are still SM3DW and DKC:TF, though. For 3DS it's A Link Between Worlds. Should be a good fall for Nintendo fans!

On the subject of games, any of you guys picking up Killzone: Mercenary? The MP looks like a lot of fun.

Dragon

Banned
On the subject of games, any of you guys picking up Killzone: Mercenary? The MP looks like a lot of fun.

I played the beta. I'm bad at multiplayer games really for the most part and I had a ton of fun with it. It was annoying that they kept resetting our stats. And man does the game look fucking good on the Vita.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I installed SRIV but haven't launched it yet. I need to. X-Com the Shootenen can wait though. Looks okay, but mostly only sales price okay

It didn't really help, haha. Typical Platinum. I'm with you though, once my brain could actually process the action it was a lot of fun. My most anticipated Wii U games are still SM3DW and DKC:TF, though. For 3DS it's A Link Between Worlds. Should be a good fall for Nintendo fans!

3D World is the big one for me. 3D Land was amazing on the 3DS. The NSMB series has tired me out by this point (never finished the Wii U one in fact) but a new 3D Mario? Yeah, 100% bought.

Godslay

Banned
Bro if you want a dick wagging contest, I make more money than you, am better looking, and have a bigger dick. May want to go to Holland and drink domestics over there to save face.

I agree with what you said. I'm not going to call him out again, and truthfully when I did it was totally without malice, it was just by rote because I had done it in here.

Well that escalated quickly!

Seriously though, tough call on Welker. I think his production will drop. Between DT and Decker neither got 100 catches last year (although DT was only 6 shy), so I don't think Welker will. Add Julius Thomas in the mix, and Tamme when he is healthy, there are going to be a lot of targets to throw to.

I think Welker and DT are going to scavenge some of Decker's catches. I think DT will get the most catches, followed by Decker and Welker who I think will be relatively close. Hard to put a number on it though. DT will be the closest to 100, everyone else will be sub-100 imo. Just a guess though.

I agree with your coworker. Manning has stud WRs on either side of him. The offense doesn't need to go through Welker like it did in NE. Welker's the man when you need a critical 3rd down though.

Pretty much. I think Decker is going to suffer though. He has a tougher time getting open than the other two.

Hunter S.

The only reason I doubt neither Decker, Thomas ,nor Welker will get 100 catches is because Peyton did so well by spreading the ball around to everyone last year. As of right now I see no reason to think that will change. For almost half the season, Decker had more catches and touchdowns than Thomas. Thomas caught a little more fire late in the season and surpassed Decker. It is hard to say who will catch the most.

ChanHuk

Banned
Has Peyton ever produced a 100 catch receiver? He spreads the ball around so much it seems like they're all in the 70s range.

I take that back, Marvin Harrison early in his career and Reggie Wayne later on. Marvin had 140 something grabs...........WTF

Godslay

Banned
The only reason I doubt neither Decker, Thomas ,nor Welker will get 100 catches is because Peyton did so well by spreading the ball around to everyone last year. As of right now I see no reason to think that will change. For almost half the season, Decker had more catches and touchdowns than Thomas. Thomas caught a little more fire late in the season and surpassed Decker. It is hard to say who will catch the most.

Agreed. Decker seems to be more effective in the redzone than DT.

Has Peyton ever produced a 100 catch receiver? He spreads the ball around so much it seems like they're all in the 70s range.

DT was 6 shy.

Harrison did it though in 2002, Wayne in 2007, 2009, 2010.

Edit: Looks like Clark did it too in 2009.

By the way Chan that 143 catch season is the NFL record.

Dragon

Banned

I take that back, Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison early in their careers. Marvin had 140 something grabs...........WTF

Yeah I was about to say.

Peyton made Garcon basically a 1000 yard receiver.

3D World is the big one for me. 3D Land was amazing on the 3DS. The NSMB series has tired me out by this point (never finished the Wii U one in fact) but a new 3D Mario? Yeah, 100% bought.
Same here. I managed to finish NSMBU but I definitely need a break from the formula. 3D Land is one of my favorite Mario games ever, just the perfect balance of the 2D and 3D games. I prefer 3D Land over the Galaxy games, even. And now they are evolving that formula for a console sequel? Oh yeah, I'll be there.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Sweet Tebow, Rime looks amazing. PS4 stays winning. I remember a time when MS first party studios could hang with Sony. That was about 4 years ago and MS' Kinect garbage fails they will hopefully have them reconsider.

We're still getting The Last Guardian though rite guize....? :(

Sweet Tebow, Rime looks amazing. PS4 stays winning. I remember a time when MS first party studios could hang with Sony. That was about 4 years ago and MS' Kinect garbage fails they will hopefully have them reconsider.

We're still getting The Last Guardian though rite guize....? :(

You do? I don't.

I'll say one thing, microsoft was most awesome when they were trying to win people over at the beginning of the 360s cycle. Alot of good times.

Steelers-Age, is Le'veon Bell healthy? Or will he be healthy for the season?

No one knows. All the detail we have so far is a mid foot sprain. Beat writer Ed Bouchette says his sprain isn't as serious as Spaeth's who has a Lisfranc injury though.

He's in a walking boot, so it's probably curtains for him in the preseason.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You do? I don't.

When 360 first launched we were getting Halo, Gears of War, Crackdown etc. The 360s' first four years could be close to my favorite era in gaming history. Sony has always had an amazing first party since PS1 but MS was getting the hang of things.

And then the Kinect was released and MS lost their ways.

Dragon

Banned
When 360 first launched we were getting Halo, Gears of War, Crackdown etc. The 360s' first four years could be close to my favorite era in gaming history.

And then the Kinect was released and MS lost their ways.

MS doesn't even own the Gears of War IP. I can't think of other games besides Halo, Fable, Crackdown and Forza that are huge first parties on the 360. And don't try to mention Rare please.

No one knows. All the detail we have so far is a mid foot sprain. Beat writer Ed Bouchette says his sprain isn't as serious as Spaeth's who has a Lisfranc injury though.

He's in a walking boot, so it's probably curtains for him in the preseason.

No idea. One second, it's Anne Frank, the next, he's walking without crutches, a brace or a limp.

Gotcha, thanks guys. One of the RB's I'm considering in the later rounds for depth.

Top Bottom