• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

Sony is really depending on the indies for their launch lineup. Only 15 games at retail.

As someone that likes a good mix of big/small titles I don't have an issue there. ResoGun alone was worth it.:D I *heart* Housemarque.

Frankly loved the indie focus of the conference.

MechDX

JailHouseRock_zps02231f45.gif

Not surprising, you love everything.
Ok, then. Not sure where you pulled that out of your ass but it's you so I shouldn't be shocked.

I've posted about plenty of things I haven't liked in here. Though I'm sorry I'm not some cynical asshat that spends more time hating on the hobby like most of GAF does. Sue me.

Agreed. I want to see games made for next gen consoles/PC only. The 360 era really didn't start until Oblivion and GRAW
Probably won't see it really get moving until mid next year, yeah. How soon did Oblivion hit on the 360 after launch? Can't remember. It'll be the usual post launch. Dearth of big releases for a few months, etc.

Godslay

Banned
Everybody is on edge in here. Football needs to hurry up and get here for real. Unless of course you are the Seahawks, they started their season last weekend apparently.

Milchjon

WHAT THE FUCK GERMANY.

COFFEE IS FUCKING RATIONED???????

NO WONDER YOU'RE AN ANGRY PEOPLE.

What are you talking about. I drank like 2 liters of that shit today (yes, liters. Get used to our superior units asap.)

Also, are you in Germany already? If so, Herzlich Willkommen!

With video games? Only thing I remember you saying you disliked was Asscreed.
Asscreed 3, Crysis 3 (which I slagged pretty tough multiple times), Dead Space 3 was a disappointment and downright average shit, Far Cry 3 was a good 10 hour game wrapped up in a 20 hour borefest...

That's just a few.

squicken

Barnwell loves the Saints this year, but actually thinks the Bucs are the team to beat in the NFCS. Worried about Freeman but think Revis will fix their pass D

http://www.grantland.com/podcasts

Probably won't see it really get moving until mid next year, yeah. How soon did Oblivion hit on the 360 after launch? Can't remember. It'll be the usual post launch. Dearth of big releases for a few months, etc.

It was March of 2006 I think for both games. Played a ton of GRAW co-op with friends. R6 and GR were so great for their terrorist hunt modes, but like Splinter Cell I guess they were too niche for Ubi to continue with

It was March of 2006 I think for both games. Played a ton of GRAW co-op with friends. R6 and GR were so great for their terrorist hunt modes, but like Splinter Cell I guess they were too niche for Ubi to continue with
Yep. So about 5 months after the 360 launch. I bought a 360 for Oblivion (and Condemned) but I wasn't a huge fan of GRAW single player past the visuals. I much preferred the single player on the PC predecessors. Multi was fun though. Same for Rainbow Six. I hated losing the planning stages maps when it moved to consoles.:( Planning out missions was my favorite part of that game. Especially using multiple fire teams.

even more bummed about Lewis hearing that Norv had things planned for him, i was hoping he could fill a Sproles role for us. : / next man up i guess

eznark

Banned
Xbone had a good run. Twitch was the only interesting thing they ha left after all the reversals. So much for that exclusivity!

Asscreed 3, Crysis 3 (which I slagged pretty tough multiple times), Dead Space 3 was a disappointment and downright average shit, Far Cry 3 was a good 10 hour game wrapped up in a 20 hour borefest...

That's just a few.
Bro. 3 games. Don't think it's a big stretch to say you like a lot of games.

squicken

What are you talking about. I drank like 2 liters of that shit today (yes, liters. Get used to our superior units asap.)

Also, are you in Germany already? If so, Herzlich Willkommen!

I remember reading about this years ago. US military in Germany have ration cards for certain items. I guess it applies to items purchased on base. After the war there were shortages, so the Germans and US Military came up with the system to ration things like cigarettes and alcohol, and I guess coffee

The US has tried to get the Germans to lift the rations wrt the bases, but the Germans won't

edit: Google says

The rationing system goes back to a 1959 SOFA agreement, according to Lanny Hall, personnel services branch chief at 1st Personnel Command.

But according to U.S. Army Europe historians, rationing dates to the U.S. occupation of Germany in 1945.

According to a memo in September 1945, the “Official Exchange Ration List” established ration scales (not specified in detail) for tobacco, candy, matches, and toilet articles. Historians noted the lack of reference then to alcoholic beverages.

“The point was to curtail black market activity and was coupled with currency control efforts, including the use of scrip. It is not clear when the first ration cards were issued, but they were in use not later than April, 1947,” according to USAREUR historians.

According to Hall, the German government has rebuffed some efforts in the past few years on the part of the U.S. to do away with the ration cards, which some see as obsolete.

“The most recent efforts by the U.S. Forces to get the German Government to discontinue rationing were made in 2002,” Hall wrote in an e-mail. “The German Government did not agree as the merchandise rationed is highly taxed … the taxes on gasoline, coffee, and tobacco stand for revenues amounting to billions of Euro.”

“There are no plans to again raise the matter with the German Government in the foreseeable future,” Hall wrote.

Along with coffee, cigarettes and alcohol are also rationed — although, apparently, not beer and wine. Tea was rationed, too, until 1994, after the German tea tax was abolished.

Raiders claimed Chase Thomas off waivers from the Saints. I was kinda surprised he didn't get drafted. Great pickup for us, since we have some LBs injured. Has a good chance to make the 53 man roster.

RBH

Xbox 1 launch lineup actually looks pretty nice (for a launch lineup at least):

•Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
•Battlefield 4 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
•Call of Duty: Ghosts (Infinity Ward, Activision)
•Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
•Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)
•FIFA 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
•Fighter Within (AMA Ltd., Ubisoft)
•Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
•Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft)
•Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
•LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive)
•Lococycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
•Madden NFL 25 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
•NBA 2K14 (Visual Concepts, 2K Sports)
•NBA LIVE 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
•Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games, Electronic Arts)
•Peggle 2 (Popcap, Electronic Arts)
•Powerstar Golf (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
•Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
•Skylanders: Swap Force (Vicarious Visions, Activision)
•Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
•Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments Ltd., Microsoft Studios)
•Zumba Fitness: World Party (Zoë Mode, Majesco)

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Xbone had a good run. Twitch was the only interesting thing they ha left after all the reversals. So much for that exclusivity!

B..b..but what about Minecraft?

Xbox Support ‏@XboxSupport2 1h

@McSwaggerVanato That announcement was made after the Xbox One Edition. The Xbox One Edition does also remain exclusive to the Xbox One. ^AD

The new memory card prices for the Vita don't exactly scream "substantial price drop" to me. I was wanting to buy a second 32GB card but meh, I'll wait for a good sale on them.

Top Bottom