• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

jbug617

Banned
GI-2_20130821110857692_0_0.JPG

Right in between Ratchet and Princess Problems.

I must say that demo felt slick, what what Erron Fraudgers disappearing. No, he literally disappeared for 5 plays. When GB was on offense the QB was a shoe and his throwing arm and nothing else. I had to sack him to knock his whole body back into this dimension.

So how is Madden 25 supposed to be anyways? I want a new Madden game and haven't bought one since 2011.

it's alright. if you haven't played since 2011 there are a few nice editions like connected career (basically online franchise mode) and a pseudo physics engine.

if you are playing madden for single player, you will not like it. jim nantz and phil simms are fucking awful with commentary, the "presentation" is mediocre (although an improvement since 2011) and it's just not fun to scheme against the CPU who magically knows if you've flipped your play and is easy to manipulate.

madden isn't worth the money unless you are going to play in an online franchise/connected careers with some of your pals

Manus

it's alright. if you haven't played since 2011 there are a few nice editions like connected career (basically online franchise mode) and a pseudo physics engine.

if you are playing madden for single player, you will not like it. jim nantz and phil simms are fucking awful with commentary, the "presentation" is mediocre (although an improvement since 2011) and it's just not fun to scheme against the CPU who magically knows if you've flipped your play and is easy to manipulate.

madden isn't worth the money unless you are going to play in an online franchise/connected careers with some of your pals

Ah okay. Ugh why Phil Simms? I still may get it, but won't play career. I usually just play a lot of 1v1 with my roommates and friends.

100 pages in on the thread and halfway through the preseason. We might make it to week 1 on just one thread.

helps that we don't have 6000 'you people' posts

BigAT

Well, so much for Diehl just playing through his thumb injury...

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN
Giants announce that David Diehl had surgery on his thumb today. Out at least 6 weeks.

That's two O-line starters down right now for the Giants. Diehl has been incredibly ineffective the last few years and in the preseason as well, but at some point you just have to worry about how many bodies you have left. Getting Baas back for the start of the season so Boothe can move back to LG just got more important.

Ah okay. Ugh why Phil Simms? I still may get it, but won't play career. I usually just play a lot of 1v1 with my roommates and friends.

yeah if you play with your buddies it can be fun as well. the main improvement in the commentary is that it does not appear that simms/nantz give away your audibles anymore. last year if you were blitzing on defense, most of the time the dumbasses would say "WELP IT LOOKS LIKE THE DEFENSE IS BRINGING THE BLITZ!" before the play. shit like that.... but i didn't hear it in the demo

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Mike Tomlin said:
Le’Veon had his MRI on Tuesday, and we are still awaiting final diagnosis and results of a second opinion. He will not participate this weekend against the Kansas City Chiefs, and I will provide an update once we have received the official results of his tests over the next couple of days.

Welp. See you next year, Le'Veon.

wnJpg.gif

brentech

Say Hello to the new Bernard Pollard!

touche

the main improvement in the commentary is that it does not appear that simms/nantz give away your audibles anymore. last year if you were blitzing on defense, most of the time the dumbasses would say "WELP IT LOOKS LIKE THE DEFENSE IS BRINGING THE BLITZ!" before the play. shit like that.... but i didn't hear it in the demo

lol, absolutely hated that shit

Fox318

I was playing my DS Lite and it must have been a while since I have but my hands started to cramp up. Does the 3DS XL have the same problems for anyone here?

To beat the Dolphins repeatedly like a red headed step child? then yes.
Good job, your pathetic franchise that has existed for less than half of my young life is good at beating up on a franchise that's been in the toilet for the past decade plus. Just keep those expectations at "beat the Dolphins" levels and you'll never be disappointed when they inevitably fold under the pressure of potentially achieving something that's actually meaningful like succeeding in the playoffs.

Also, don't forget to end the career of a Dolphins player or two along the way to make sure they never actually get good enough to beat your team.

Texans culture.

MechDX

Good job, your pathetic franchise that has existed for less than half of my young life is good at beating up on a franchise that's been in the toilet for the past decade plus. Just keep those expectations at "beat the Dolphins" levels and you'll never be disappointed when they inevitably fold under the pressure of potentially achieving something that's actually meaningful like succeeding in the playoffs.

Also, don't forget to end the career of a Dolphins player or two along the way to make sure they never actually get good enough to beat your team.

Texans culture.

Good post!

Oozer3993

Favorite moment of Madden 13 Phil Simms commentary:

"I don't know what the receiver was doing on that play. He's got to give the QB somebody to throw too. He caused that incompletion."

It was a spike to stop the clock.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Favorite moment of Madden 13 Phil Simms commentary:

"I don't know what the receiver was doing on that play. He's got to give the QB somebody to throw too. He caused that incompletion."

It was a spike to stop the clock.

Are you a Weeden or Campbell man?

i was playing the madden demo the other day and beating the ravens by 50-something and scored a final touchdown with about 2 minutes. then phil simms says "well that touchdown should about seal the deal. it was a close game throughout but now its over". alright phil.

i'm not a programmer but i can't imagine it's too hard to come up with a logic that says if score difference is greater than X for the majority of the game then don't generate this commentary. then again tiburon has no real reason to fix these things

bionic77

Welp. See you next year, Le'Veon.

wnJpg.gif
It was just his foot, how bad could it be?

Doubt he is out all year. Still I was hoping for a stud at RB this year. I was also hoping for a dominant offensive line...

I was playing my DS Lite and it must have been a while since I have but my hands started to cramp up. Does the 3DS XL have the same problems for anyone here?
Never had a problem with the Lite or 3DSXL. And I played a lot of DS Lite.

Only time my hands ever cramped up was for Kid Icarus, but it was worth the pain!

Top Bottom