• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

Well, so much for Diehl just playing through his thumb injury...

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN
Giants announce that David Diehl had surgery on his thumb today. Out at least 6 weeks.

That's two O-line starters down right now for the Giants. Diehl has been incredibly ineffective the last few years and in the preseason as well, but at some point you just have to worry about how many bodies you have left. Getting Baas back for the start of the season so Boothe can move back to LG just got more important.
Brandon Mosely, you're up. Or James Brewer. Sucks for depth but I'm ecstatic to see him out of the starting lineup. Pugh took over at RT already and Diehl was supposed to play at LG with Boothe sliding to C. Now Mosely/Brewer will take over at LG.

Hopefully they play well enough to keep Diehl on the bench when he does return but it's Coughlin. He'll give him the job right back regardless (see last year).

EDIT: Or this:

Patricia Traina @Patricia_Traina 47s

Cordle in at center with Boothe back at LG. Brewer passed over again.

Cordle is the very definition of average.:(

Striker

Cordle is the very definition of average.:(
Ehh, haha. Cordle's had 18 snaps last year. They don't really trust him making calls or I think in general blocking. Though Snee and Boothe will help him out.

Definitely excited to see Pugh at RT and I hope to hell he remains there.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Good job, your pathetic franchise that has existed for less than half of my young life is good at beating up on a franchise that's been in the toilet for the past decade plus. Just keep those expectations at "beat the Dolphins" levels and you'll never be disappointed when they inevitably fold under the pressure of potentially achieving something that's actually meaningful like succeeding in the playoffs.

Also, don't forget to end the career of a Dolphins player or two along the way to make sure they never actually get good enough to beat your team.

Texans culture.

damn son, you're salty as fuck. I love it.

you should get over the swearinger hit though, that shit happens multiple times a game, the only difference was keller's cleat got stuck in the turf, thats what caused the injury. It's tough luck.

damn son, you're salty as fuck. I love it.

you should get over the swearinger hit though, that shit happens multiple times a game, the only difference was keller's cleat got stuck in the turf, thats what caused the injury. It's tough luck.
I know. Blame Mech and his trolling. Acting all giddy with that Swearinger picture, wrongfully attacking Saintcognito, etc.

bionic77

That's not good.
Injures to the feet and legs are the worst.

Even if it is minor and he is cleared to play in 6 weeks you lose so much strength and conditioning in your lower body that it will take serious time to get back into shape.

At least when you break a rib or one of your arms you can still workout your legs and you can generally get back on the field quicker when that is the case.

Fantomex

I'm gonna say this. Leave that "SALTY" garbage out of this thread. It's the main reason most of us don't hit up the NBA thread anymore. Any argument whether good or bad is always confronted with "Wow, you're really salty". It's not trolling, it's not funny, it doesn't add or subtract, it just makes NFL-Fort worthless. Learn how to troll or don't troll at all.

MechDX

I'm gonna say this. Leave that "SALTY" garbage out of this thread. It's the main reason most of us don't hit up the NBA thread anymore. Any argument whether good or bad is always confronted with "Wow, you're really salty". It's not trolling, it's not funny, it doesn't add or subtract, it just makes NFL-Fort worthless. Learn how to troll or don't troll at all.

So we should all be Chan? Got it!
jk

Greg

vOAzMtz.jpg

squicken

Something for everyone. Browns fans/Weeden, Tannehill/Phins fans, Russell/everyone else

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...ll-win-super-bowl-xlviii?campaign=Twitter_atl

Mike Silver has Seattle as his SB, but it's mostly another hagiography of Russell.

10 players destined to be in the next top 100 (Insider)

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9587873/nfl-10-players-soon-top-100-#nflrank-mainstays

4. Ryan Tannehill, QB, Miami Dolphins

Tannehill was up and down as a rookie. The scouts I've consulted strongly feel Tannehill is on his way to becoming a top quarterback. There was less universal love for the St. Louis Rams' Sam Bradford, another young QB with a potential Top-100 future. I didn't need much convincing on Tannehill after watching him closely against Arizona, Seattle and St. Louis. He was one of 10 quarterbacks to start against those three defenses. His 80.5 Total QBR score in those games was the highest of the 10, ahead of those for Aaron Rodgers (77.2), Colin Kaepernick (74.0), Jay Cutler (72.1), Tom Brady (65.6), Alex Smith (60.7) and Matthew Stafford (51.2). Tannehill seemed resilient and able to lead.

Dog-on-a-jetski_large.gif

B/R Warning

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nue-to-develop-under-norv-turner-in-cleveland

Can Norv develop Weeden

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

who the hell cares about basketball, or the NBA thread?

Call a spade a spade, if someone's salty, they're salty. I've been salty, and im sure someone called me out on it too.

your post seems to have a high salinity level to it

MechDX

Schefter throwing truth bombs about Incognito on ESPN! Showing his history of being a constant jerk and much of a dirty player he is and revelations that Cognito knocked a hotel employee out recently when confronted.

#FREEANTONIOSMITH

eznark

Banned

salt-1.jpg

MechDX

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp...olphins-was-altercation-training-camp-sources

Miami Dolphins guard Richie Incognito, no stranger to altercations, was involved in another notable one before training camp.

After a late night at a nightclub in the Fountainbleu hotel in Miami, Incognito punched and knocked out a hotel security guard, according to league sources.

One person who knows Incognito says the Dolphins guard was punched first.

There is videotape of the incident but the hotel is unwilling to turn it over and the NFL has not yet seen it -- and might not due to fact that it is the hotel's property and the Fountainbleu prefers that attention not be brought to the issue.

The Dolphins have been aware of the incident because, as one source said, "they've done everything to bury it."

Despicable franchise, despicable player! Dolphins Nature!

Oh look number 1 on another list. Time to underachieve.

Never had a problem with the Lite or 3DSXL. And I played a lot of DS Lite.

Only time my hands ever cramped up was for Kid Icarus, but it was worth the pain!

I've never had a problem with hand cramping on any handheld but having a 3dsxl with the second stick is giving the Vita a run for the most comfortable handheld ever.

Colasante

Indianapolis Colts traded RB Delone Carter to the Baltimore Ravens for WR David Reed.

Probably doesn't matter at all, but it's interesting from the Colts' perspective considering how injury-prone Bradshaw is.

LevelNth

Banned
Indianapolis Colts traded RB Delone Carter to the Baltimore Ravens for WR David Reed.

Probably doesn't matter at all, but it's interesting from the Colts' perspective considering how injury-prone Bradshaw is.
Carter is garbage, he never had a chance of beating out Ballard or Brown for any relevancy.

on one hand, i have to support the dolphins because its kaps favorite. on the other hand, we will be playing the texans in the superbowl. i guess i better just stay out of this!

squicken

Coaches film in HD this year. It's also the first year that the coaches themselves will get it in HD. If they fix the indexing then Game Rewind will be perfect

Hunter S.

Anyways. I'm looking forward to seeing who'll step up to go over the middle tomorrow with Amendola likely not playing.

Haha Milchjon you fell for my joke. I knew damn well it was an international effort. Hahahahaahahahahahahaaha

Americans invented electricity.

cdyhybrid

Something for everyone. Browns fans/Weeden, Tannehill/Phins fans, Russell/everyone else

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...ll-win-super-bowl-xlviii?campaign=Twitter_atl

Mike Silver has Seattle as his SB, but it's mostly another hagiography of Russell.

10 players destined to be in the next top 100 (Insider)

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9587873/nfl-10-players-soon-top-100-#nflrank-mainstays

Dog-on-a-jetski_large.gif

B/R Warning

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nue-to-develop-under-norv-turner-in-cleveland

Can Norv develop Weeden

Mike Silver is a tool but I guess even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Eleuin

You-Salty.gif

I'm sorry

squicken

Mike Silver is a tool but I guess even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

SEA is building a dynasty. I was stunned at the depth of the team in that Denver game. Their backup DBs could start for other teams. Cable develops late round offensive linemen well. They have the QB locked down. They are iffy with WR development and there is always the looming specter of PED mass suspensions. Scuzzy team but they are the next Patriots

Poor Sanchez he always looks so sad talking to the pres. he might get beat out by Geno, and he'll always be remembered for the buttfumble........and the hot-dog thing....ill never forget that

SEA is building a dynasty. I was stunned at the depth of the team in that Denver game. Their backup DBs could start for other teams. Cable develops late round offensive linemen well. They have the QB locked down. They are iffy with WR development and there is always the looming specter of PED mass suspensions. Scuzzy team but they are the next Patriots

at first i thought the only thing that could derail this incredible seahawks team would be more PED suspensions. but then i remembered that their backups are so good they could start on 31 other teams.

but then i went even DEEPER into my memory and remembered that cheatin' pete has learned from these suspensions and the team has now come up with a fail proof plan to avoid being caught. will the NFL adapt? only time will tell, but it's truly a cat and mouse game being played off the field between the seahawks with their systematic cheating and the long arm of the law trying to catch them. it will be very exciting to watch!

Poor Sanchez he always looks so sad talking to the pres. he might get beat out by Geno, and he'll always be remembered for the buttfumble........and the hot-dog thing....ill never forget that
The hot dog moment was an all-time classic. I feel so blessed to have lived through the time when Sanchez established his legacy.

cdyhybrid

at first i thought the only thing that could derail this incredible seahawks team would be more PED suspensions. but then i remembered that their backups are so good they could start on 31 other teams.

but then i went even DEEPER into my memory and remembered that cheatin' pete has learned from these suspensions and the team has now come up with a fail proof plan to avoid being caught. will the NFL adapt? only time will tell, but it's truly a cat and mouse game being played off the field between the seahawks with their systematic cheating and the long arm of the law trying to catch them. it will be very exciting to watch!

There's still time to jump on the wagon, FMT! squicken already joined, you don't wanna be left out, do you?

Top Bottom