• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

Godslay

Banned
Thugs are hard to spot. They can blend in. For all know Cajunator is a hardcore thug.

Until Von kills someone, I'm going to regard him as another defensive talent knocked down to earth by the ginger hammer.

I'm sure Goodell and Brady are smoking rocks with Kraft right now, watching the 'burned' tape of the Panthers SB, laughing at John Fox losing. All the while these assholes pull the puppet strings behind the scenes.

They may take Von out of the picture for part of the year, but he's going to be fresh come playoffs. Then both Fox and Von will get there revenge, mark my words little gata man. Mark my words.

might've missed it earlier but Jason Smith (former #2 pick of the rams) was cut by the saints today. 2009 was a brutal draft at the top:

1 1 Detroit Lions Matthew Stafford QB Georgia SEC
1 2 St. Louis Rams Jason Smith OT Baylor Big 12
1 3 Kansas City Chiefs Tyson Jackson DE LSU SEC
1 4 Seattle Seahawks Aaron Curry LB Wake Forest ACC
1 5 New York Jets Mark Sanchez QB USC Pac-10 from Cleveland [R1 - 1]
1 6 Cincinnati Bengals Andre Smith OT Alabama SEC
1 7 Oakland Raiders Darrius Heyward-Bey WR Maryland ACC
1 8 Jacksonville Jaguars Eugene Monroe OT Virginia ACC
1 9 Green Bay Packers B. J. Raji† DT Boston College ACC
1 10 San Francisco 49ers Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech Big 12

out of the top 10, you could really only say that 3 are worth a damn: stafford, raji and crabtree. but i don't think any of the top 10 are elite franchise players. as for 2,3,4,5,6,7.... wow that is bad. i guess andre smith could be worse but still that's some bad draftin'!

WTF? The guy is a dookie! At least I'm a Tar Heel.

smh.

749.gif

Until Von kills someone, I'm going to regard him as another defensive talent knocked down to earth by the ginger hammer.

I'm sure Goodell and Brady are smoking rocks with Kraft right now, watching the 'burned' tape of the Panthers SB, laughing at John Fox losing. All the while these assholes pull the puppet strings behind the scenes.

They may take Von out of the picture for part of the year, but he's going to be fresh come playoffs. Then both Fox and Von will get there revenge, mark my words little gata man. Mark my words.

We'll see you in the playoffs.

Hunter S.

What are the Seachickens excuse for getting caught for adderall and not weed?

From what I understand, Washington does not have pot shops everywhere, and weed has to be bought the old fashioned way on the black market.

Fun lovers are >>>> cheaters here I suppose.

squicken

might've missed it earlier but Jason Smith (former #2 pick of the rams) was cut by the saints today. 2009 was a brutal draft at the top:

out of the top 10, you could really only say that 3 are worth a damn: stafford, raji and crabtree. but i don't think any of the top 10 are elite franchise players. as for 2,3,4,5,6,7.... wow that is bad. i guess andre smith could be worse but still that's some bad draftin'!

His very first practice, the Rams knew Jason Smith couldn't play left tackle. It was a brutal draft. The Rams didn't like anyone after Stafford and were really just throwing a dart

squicken

The amphetamines were from asthma medication. Nice try though.
The flagged samples came following the NFL lockout that kept players away from team facilities until training camp opened. Miller has also argued prescribed medication provided the positive result for amphetamines.

I know Von said it was asthma, but is there anything that says it was approved by the league? I thought it was ecstasy?

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/8/8/4603874/von-miller-appeal-will-be-heard-by-nfl-on-august-15th

Yep 2009 was a good year to come back from the SB, shit draft options. At least Rashad Johnson is finally contributing and could turn out to be a good pick. Hey played well last year. LSH was real nice for a 7th pick, is he still on the Steeler's roster, Bionic?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Yep 2009 was a good year to come back from the SB, shit draft options. At least Rashad Johnson is finally contributing and could turn out to be a good pick. Hey played well last year. LSH was real nice for a 7th pick, is he still on the Steeler's roster, Bionic?

He's probably going to be the featured back.

wnJpg.gif

I'm still wondering why the hell Graham Harrell is the Packers backup plan if something happens to Rodgers.

I mean, yeah, if he goes, so does pretty much any hopes of a championship, but are they paying Rodgers so much money they can't find any sort of capable backup better than the 4th string QB of the Browns during the Mangini years?

squicken

The Browns have a speed-related concern about receivers Greg Little and Josh Gordon, and it has nothing to do with their 40 times.

After reports surfaced today that both Little and Gordon have been caught driving way, way too fast, the team issued a statement acknowledging that the players need to be told to drive more safely.

“We’re aware of the situation involving the players and their unacceptable driving records,” the statement said. “We take matters such as this very seriously. We’ve spoken to both individuals, and will address the issue with the entire team.”

Now, at this point, you may be asking, “What’s the big deal?” Everyone drives too fast sometimes, right? But the details are alarming. Gordon got pulled over for driving 98 MPH in a 60 MPH zone, and he wasn’t driving anywhere near as fast as his teammate.

According to WOIO Channel 19 News, Little admitted he was driving 127 miles an hour when he lost control on the Jennings Freeway, hit a guardrail, knocked down a light pole and left 40 yards of brake tracks.

Little was lucky that neither he, his passenger nor anyone else on the road was killed. He was also lucky that all he got was a $350 fine.

That was in April, but Little apparently hasn’t learned his lesson: On Monday, Little was stopped for going 81 MPH in a 60 MPH zone. He also had expired plates

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...osh-gordon-have-unacceptable-driving-records/

ChanHuk

Banned
You'll get a false positive for amphetamines if you take certain asthma medication such as Allegra D and Sudofed. They make them without the active ingredient pseudoephedrine (used to make meth).

Eleuin

I'm still wondering why the hell Graham Harrell is the Packers backup plan if something happens to Rodgers.

I mean, yeah, if he goes, so does pretty much any hopes of a championship, but are they paying Rodgers so much money they can't find any sort of capable backup better than the 4th string QB of the Browns during the Mangini years?
Vince.Young.

Godslay

Banned
I know Von said it was asthma, but is there anything that says it was approved by the league? I thought it was ecstasy?

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/8/8/4603874/von-miller-appeal-will-be-heard-by-nfl-on-august-15th

First, this time around he didn't test positive for anything. Spilled sample or diluted sample is considered a fail. So even if he did have those drugs in his system we will never know.

As far as the asthma medication, it's implied. If he was using amphetamines without a prescription, it then falls under PED policy. Meaning he most likely has a therapeutic use exemption, unless that amphetamine is not on the PED list, which then defaults back to substance abuse policy. If I understand it correctly, either one would have resulted in a suspension. Likely because marijuana would have been the first substance abuse violation, followed by an amphetamine violation, then suspension. Or if it was a PED, instant suspension.

Since he wasn't suspended, it's deduced that he had a viable reason for that amphetamine to be in his system, which ties back to asthma medication.

Per Mike Klis:

Miller was placed in the NFL's substance-abuse program after he tested positive for marijuana in 2011, his rookie season. He also tested positive for an undisclosed amphetamine in 2011, but the fact that he wasn't disciplined with a suspension means the amphetamine wasn't classified as a performance enhancer or Miller has a "therapeutic use exemption."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23824609/broncos-lb-von-millers-appeal-four-game-suspension

they need drugs to keep their grandpas broken neck straight, leave them alone

Dude why were you in Kalamazoo, Michigan? Summer visit to Grandma and Grandpa's house?

bionic77

I hope at some point Bell stops being injury prone/hurt. Was he hurt a lot in college?
I think he had injury problems in college too if I remember correctly. Then again I also thought I saw Marty McFlys mom's tits in Howard the Duck so don't rely just on me!

I think he got the most carries and had the best night against the Giants.

jakncoke

Banned

He has had some nice moments so far and not hurt thats something I guess. Bell gone 6 weeks min, dwyer has his moments, batch is batch, redman is redman. So he could probably make the roster

Nakazato

Monroe is pretty good when healthy

JABEE

What happened to Squicken? I haven't been posting as much this week. Why does Squicken have a pony avatar? Is there a new expansion team?

Top Bottom