• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

MechDX

Brian McCarthy ‏@NFLprguy 34m
to clear up bad info re: td celebrations like military salute/spinning ball: only flagged if player does it directly @ opponent
Retweeted by Adam Schefter

Little better. So I would guess sack celebrations are the same as long as not directed at opposing player?

krzy123

Just wanted to say thanks to all the guys that responded yesterday trying to help me with my Apple TV and Bose speaker issue. Tried literally everything last night, and I cannot get rid of the static.

Even tried the converter with a different electronic and all the cables as well, and everything is fine. Looks like it's just a unique issue with these two units and using the converted audio signal.

I'm not sure I'm even going to send it back to Monoprice as defective, because one, I'm not sure it even is, and two, I've missed the 30 day window so I'll have to pay even more money just to ship it back.

Electronics annoy me.

Dunno if this will help, but you can ask talk/chat to Monoprice customer support. I had bought a TV mount shelf from them, didn't really check the package when I got it, but when I tried to assemble it (some three months later), it had the wrong parts and they sent me a new one (didn't have to send the old one back). The shelf was $16 or something after shipping when I originally bought it.

Dunno if this will help, but you can ask talk/chat to Monoprice customer support. I had bought a TV mount shelf from them, didn't really check the package when I got it, but when I tried to assemble it (some three months later), it had the wrong parts and they sent me a new one (didn't have to send the old one back). The shelf was $16 or something after shipping when I originally bought it.
Dude, I have to ask, is there a reason why you've been rocking that Tyrod avatar for so long? Trying to help yourself forget that we have Thomas running the show?

Greg

look at that midget next to that grown ass man

UBmGmZJ.jpg

effzee

Wes Welker seems to be suffering from a bit of PTSD, from the Sports Illustrated article: "When I’m answering questions from the Denver media, I’m not worried about what the Broncos’ people are going to think, I’m worried about what Belichick will think. Isn’t that crazy?”

Also,

DOBSON!

Not so fast! You guys were only playing against the Eagles CBs! Don't get too happy!

Geoff Mosher ‏@GeoffMosherCSN 2m
That's a wrap for practice. What I learned: Tom Brady good, Eagles coverage not so much.

As bad as they have looked I am hopeful that its also because these are 7-7 and 11-11 drills and not real game situations. Wouldn't shock me to see Brady do this on Fri night though.

Bryce Brown is angering me. He had fumble problems last year and apparently has had 5 drops over two days in practice. Chris Polk is lighting it up in camp and even ran with the 1s today. Brown better step up his game quick. The talent is there but we can't afford to have him turnover the ball so much.

I don't think Felix Jones makes the team unless they keep 4 RBs.

effzee

BTW Chip Kelly claims he will base his decision on who starts the preseason opener this Friday against the Pats based on the last two days of joint team practices with the Pats.

While I assume if one guy gets to start this Friday, the other guy will get the start the following week, there is a clear advantage on playing the Patriots secondary after practicing against them 2 days in a row.

As much as Brady ripped our D to shreds, both Foles and Vick were impressive against the Pats secondary.

Dick Vermeil was at practice today and thinks Vick wins the job.

Does anyone know a good fantasy football site that I can use for my small money office league, I just need a place that will collect the money without charging a crazy fee like CBS does.

bionic77

look at that midget next to that grown ass man

UBmGmZJ.jpg
I get really angry when I see formally fat qb's like Young and Big Ben show up to camp skinny for the first time in a few years.

You are professional athletes assholes, its your job to be in perfect condition all the time!

As as fan I want to see my players show up ripped to the point that they start sweating HGH and grade A steroids at the start of the season.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Players dropping like flies this off season. I bet Goodell still wants 18 games, too.

Greg

I get really angry when I see formally fat qb's like Young and Big Ben show up to camp skinny for the first time in a few years.

You are professional athletes assholes, its your job to be in perfect condition all the time!

As as fan I want to see my players show up ripped to the point that they start sweating HGH and grade A steroids at the start of the season.
I'd be scared as a QB that any major body changes would interfere with my throw somehow

or in Big Ben's case, doughboy durability

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 14m
Bears announced CB Kelvin Hayden tore his hamstring and is out for the year. What's going on here? Expand

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 21m
And Saints HC Sean Payton said WR Joe Morgan is out for the season with a torn ACL.
Expand

Da fuck?

MechDX

I posted the Morgan news last page along with the fact that the Saints lost a DE to a chest injury.

Im just amazed by all the hamstring/ACL/MCL issues. I asked a couple days ago if anyone remembered this many in years past and most responded with its normal. I just don't remember this many.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Yeah this seems like an absurb number of injuries.

That or maybe it's just the fact a lot of "top tier" players are getting injured as opposed to the guys nobody knows about.

bionic77

I'd be scared as a QB that any major body changes would interfere with my throw somehow

or in Big Ben's case, doughboy durability
I do feel like his fat version has more zip on the ball, though Ben's ball always looks deceptively slow and yet he can easily get it downfield.

He has been hurt skinny and when he was a fat fuck so that doesn't matter.

Hunter S.

Wes Welker seems to be suffering from a bit of PTSD, from the Sports Illustrated article: "When I’m answering questions from the Denver media, I’m not worried about what the Broncos’ people are going to think, I’m worried about what Belichick will think. Isn’t that crazy?”

N!
Working for the Patriots is the equivalent to going to war, killing, seeing death and rape. Damn, Bill is the equivalent to a rapist in terms of causing terror.

squicken

On PC it's pretty much always been shit for me, and that's using Cox, Time Warner and Verizon at different times. I generally have been able to get low-quality video to work fine on there, but nothing better than that. It feels like a bad pirate feed. It's watchable, but barely. On my iPhone using wi-fi from the same Verizon connection, it's crystal-clear and works like a dream, which is weird.

Oh, and forget about the PC stream working at all for week one. I've been using Sunday Ticket To Go since 2007 and it's worked the first week a grand total of one time (2009).

I haven't had any issues with the PC version, aside from Week 1 issues. This is my third year streaming ST and I'm not going to even bother messing with it for the Week 1 noon games. Hopefully things are cleared up for the afternoon, especially since there is just one game opposite the nationally TV game

Godslay

Banned
^ stupid drunk Donkeys fan. Obviously there's an Apple tax, it's a luxury tax you bum. A Hyundai Genesis does everything a Mercedes does yet cost significantly less. There's a "German" tax.

You just outed yourself as a dirty poor. Equus is Hyundai's luxury flagship. Equivalent, if not better than the majority of Mercedes.

Wrayfield

Im just amazed by all the hamstring/ACL/MCL issues. I asked a couple days ago if anyone remembered this many in years past and most responded with its normal. I just don't remember this many.

I think they should allow more pad practices. Still think it's one of the reasons, though not the sole. Overall, I don't think it's more than usually, just more reporting on it by Schefter and Co.

Here's why #49ers QB Colin Kaepernick can frustrate both reporters and defensive coordinators … From Kaepernick's press conference on Tuesday:

Q: Have you met Peyton Manning before, Colin?
CK: Yes.
Q: When was that?
CK: Going into my senior year in college.
Q: What was the occasion?
CK: The Manning Passing Academy.
Q: Did he have any words to share with you?
CK: He shared a lot of different things with all the quarterbacks that were there.
Q: Anything he said to you that stuck with you?
CK: Just tips. On the field. Off the field. How he prepared for games.
Q: What are you using to this day?
CK: All of them.

End of press conference.

lolollllllllllll

bionic77

I don't buy that Peyton really helps young qb's. He won't do that until he is retired.

He probably secretly sabotages all of them.

Godslay

Banned
But he said the Genesis, not the Equus, you fool.

Why the hell would you compare a luxury car such as a Mercedes (depending on the model), to a mid-tier car such as a Genesis? The correct comparison is the Equus versus the Mercedes (assuming that he was alluding that the Mercedes was a luxury model, which is usually the implicit meaning, i.e. German Tax).

I don't buy that Peyton really helps young qb's. He won't do that until he is retired.

He probably secretly sabotages all of them.

Waiting for the photos of Peyton paying fat chicks in nightclub...

Bowser

Why the hell would you compare a luxury car such as a Mercedes (depending on the model), to a mid-tier car such as a Genesis? The correct comparison is the Equus versus the Mercedes (assuming that he was alluding that the Mercedes was a luxury model, which is usually the implicit meaning, i.e. German Tax).

Because that's the apt comparison...iPad/Apple (luxury) vs Nexus/Andriod (mid-tier). Another acceptable comparison would be Rolex vs Timex.

*ducks, runs*

bionic77

Waiting for the photos of Peyton paying fat chicks in nightclub...
Peyton doesn't need to pay for fat chicks when he gets to fuck Eli's wife for free!

I know you were talking about Ben.

Top Bottom