• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

Fox318

A8cuy2M.jpg

Jets remove Santonio Holmes from PUP list

MechDX

I don't follow them closely or anything but from what I have read the Jets are pretty much a lame duck team and could possibly be the worst team in the league this season. I respect Fox for stickling with them but I see nothing positive coming from them

bionic77

I don't follow them closely or anything but from what I have read the Jets are pretty much a lame duck team and could possibly be the worst team in the league this season. I respect Fox for stickling with them but I see nothing positive coming from them
They did Tebow wrong. They deserve it all and more.

eznark

Banned

So... same old Jets then

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Really kind of mind boggling how the Jets went from AFC championship games to shit tier in a season.

Not really.

The roster went to shit. Rex knows absolutely jack shit about offense. Mark Sanchez was always a terrible QB but got carried by some elite defenses. Defense regressed to above average/average and the team went drastically down hill.

Even in those AFC championship game runs the Jets got into the playoffs as a Wild Card for a reason.

DSmalls84

Not really.

The roster went to shit. Rex knows absolutely jack shit about offense. Mark Sanchez was always a terrible QB but got carried by some elite defenses. Defense regressed to above average/average and the team went drastically down hill.

Even in those AFC championship game runs the Jets got into the playoffs as a Wild Card for a reason.

They never seemed more than average but it didn't seem like the roster changed much either until this year.

squicken

I sort of like the idea of what they are doing with Geno even if I am not a fan of him as a player. See what he can do this year, and if he sucks, then take another QB next year. Hate to pick QB back to back, but they were in a unique situation b/c of Sanchez and a bad QB class of 2012

Bowser

Panthers cuts:

BSc5gYaIcAAo3Kx.png

Pilares seemed destined for the waived injured designation after his knee injury Thursday night. Think we'll stash him on IR. The only other name I thought was interesting was Nzegwu, who had flashed pretty well in the preseason (3 sacks in 3 games I think). Our defensive line is too deep though, especially at DE (Johnson, Hardy, Alexander, Addison). Might try to stash him on the PS.

edit: BTW, once Sione Fua is cut (and he will be), the only remaining player on the roster from the 2011 draft will be Cam. What a disaster (outside of Cam obviously) that draft was. Prime reason for our lack of depth.

eznark

Banned
I sort of like the idea of what they are doing with Geno even if I am not a fan of him as a player. See what he can do this year, and if he sucks, then take another QB next year. Hate to pick QB back to back, but they were in a unique situation b/c of Sanchez and a bad QB class of 2012

But they aren't seeing what he can do. They are starting Sanchize

MechDX

Is it time to predict 53 man rosters?

After the 3rd preseason game you start to get a good feel what your 53 man will be. I still have major concerns at the OLB spot for the Texans.

-Brooks Reed is great against the run but doesn't pass rush very wel
-Mercilous has been sidelined by a hammy for 3 weeks now. Sucks against run but can pass rush.
-Trevardo Williams is undersized and gets manhandled on the run
-Sam Montgomery is still fat, out of shape and behind

Right now we will go into the season with 2 UDFA's as back ups at OLB: Justin Tuggle and Willie Jefferson (6'5" !). Saints game on Sunday will show how bad these guys really are.

Having shitty OLB's in a 3-4 defense is like having a run-n-shoot offense with Sanchez as your QB.

squicken

You think that's going to translate to him starting in the regular season?

One of the writers from one of the tabloids has been going on and on about Idzik rigging the process b/c he wants Geno to start. He's couching it as a know nothing GM undermining the coach, but I think it's a just an outsider who knows what Sanchez is and knows the organization needs to find out what it has in Geno

11 Giants out tonight including Rolle, Hynoski, JPP, Demontre Moore, Cruz, Diehl, Webster, Barden and Louis Murphy.

Thin at wideout, then. Jernigan will get his chance in the slot and Hardy will see more reps.

First rounder Justin Pugh will get his first start at RT and Cordle will be at center.

Dan Connor will again start at MLB.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
One of the writers from one of the tabloids has been going on and on about Idzik rigging the process b/c he wants Geno to start. He's couching it as a know nothing GM undermining the coach, but I think it's a just an outsider who knows what Sanchez is and knows the organization needs to find out what it has in Geno

He should honestly just cut Sanchez then.

Rex will stick with Sanchez to the very end for god knows what reason. This competition has been a farce from the beginning.

ChanHuk

Banned
Raiders final 53:

Offense:
QB: Pryor, Flynn, Wilson (McGloin goes PS)
RB: DMac, Jennings, Murray, Stewart (Gotta carry 4 since they're all injury prone except for Stewart)
FB: Reece
TE: Ausberry, Rivera, Kasa
WR: Streater, Butler, Holmes
WR: Moore, Ford, Vernon
LT: Veldheer (PUP/IRDR), Barron (Fuck me), W. Smith (Ugh, swing T)
LG: Nix, Bergstorm (swing)
C: Wisnewski, Gurode
RG: Brisel
RT: Barnes (This bum manages to make the roster year after year)

Defense:
RE: Houston, Carter, Bass
DT: Walker, Bilukidi
NT: Sims, McGee
LE: Hunter, Crawford
OLB: S. Moore, Chase Thomas
MLB: Roach, Gaither, Burris (PUP/IR)
OLB: K. Burnett, The Rock's dumb nephew
CB: Hayden, Porter, Chekwa
CB: Jenkins, Adams, Hansen
FS: Woodson (hate to see him finishing his career this way), Young
SS: Branch, Ross

ST:
LS: Condo
K: Seabass
P: King

Raiders final 53:

Offense:
RB: DMac, Jennings, Murray, Stewart (Gotta carry 4 since they're all injury prone except for Stewart)

Defense:

ST:

i'm sorry

ChanHuk

Banned
i'm sorry

Your condolences are appreciated, but we have a mission, "TANK FOR CLOWNEY BITCHES!!!!!1111".

Actually, I would consider keeping 3 RBs and adding that bum Taiwan Jones. He's one hell of a ST guy, and you know the rule, if you can play ST, you got a roster spot. I guess if every RB died, he could go back to RB.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Paying someone $8 million to play on another team is a move only the Raiders would make.

Does it really matter? He's going to get his money regardless.

And if any team is dumb enough to sign Mark Sanchez to be their starting QB then they are even dumber than the Jets.

bionic77

And if any team is dumb enough to sign Mark Sanchez to be their starting QB then they are even dumber than the Jets.
I don't think it is possible to be dumber than the Jets. Maybe as dumb for a very short period of time but never dumber.

squicken

ibzTf9F887PRoY.gif

I think the situation speaks to the dysfunction of the Jets. Rex needs to win to keep his job. Or more likely, show off for his next job. Idzik wants to move on from the past and isn't too concerned with winning now since he has time. They should have fired Rex. It's like what the Jags did last year and the Panthers are doing this year. You don't want lame duck coaches under first year GMs

There was a quote from JAX about Gabbert and Henne and why Gabbert is starting, and it's something like they need to what they don't have with Gabbert more than they need to know what they do have with Henne.

jakncoke

Banned
Carolina Panthers ‏@Panthers 53m
OT Bruce Campbell, WR Kealoha Pilares, and FB Michael Zordich have been waived/injured.

Remember when gaf mocked Bruce to be a 1st rounder. :p

Godslay

Banned
Broncos final 53:

Offense:
QB: PFM, guy holding the clipboard for PFM.
RB: Guys blocking for PFM.
FB: Guys picking up tough 3rd down yards for PFM.
TE: Guys blocking and catching for PFM.
WR: Guys catching for PFM.
WR: More guys catching for PFM.
LT: Guy protecting PFM's rear.
LG: Another guy protecting PFM at somewhat of a side angle.
C: Guy snapping the ball and protecting PFM.
RG: Another guy protecting PFM at somewhat of a side angle.
RT: Orlando Franklin.

Defense:
Guys who try to keep them scoring less than PFM creates.

ST:
LS: Guy snapping the ball to guy who PFM tries to put out of a job.
K: Guy who bails out PFM when he can't do it, also kicks in extra points after PFM gets the job done.
P: Guy who PFM tries to keep on the bench.

Offense:

QB: PFM, Brock
RB: Hillman, M. Ball, Knowshon, CJ Anderson
FB: Hester
TE: J. Thomas, Dreessen, Tamme
WR: D. Thomas, Welker, Decker, Caldwell, King, Holliday
OL: Clady, Beadles, Ramirez, Vasquez, Franklin.
Kuper, Clark, Lilja, Moffitt

Defense:

DL: Wolfe, Vickerson, Knighton, Williams, Ayers, Phillips, Unrein, Jackson, Q. Smith.
LBs: Miller, Woodyard, Lennon, Irving, Trevathan, Johnson.
CB: Bailey, Harris, Jr., DRC, Webster, Carter, Bolden
Safties: Ihenacho, Moore, Adams, Bruton

ST:

LS: Brewer
K: Prater
P: Colquitt

Bowser

Carolina Panthers ‏@Panthers 53m
OT Bruce Campbell, WR Kealoha Pilares, and FB Michael Zordich have been waived/injured.

Remember when gaf mocked Bruce to be a 1st rounder. :p

He tore his triceps, otherwise he would have made our roster. Our O-Line is fucking horrendous.

Raiders final 53:

Offense:

Defense:

ST:

Watson?

What's up with Watson for the Raiders, still hurt?

Just returned a couple days ago, way behind the learning curve, but he's making the team

ChanHuk

Banned

Oh yeah Watson, that guy, yeah he'll replace the 4th RB/DB and be a swing tackle. I don't have hopes to see him play until maybe mid season. Missed all of camp and has a nagging calf injury.

So that should be the roster pending Reggie scouring the waiver wirer post 53 man roster cuts, you can bet that he'll be on the prowl for an o-lineman.

We'll also have an open roster spot for the first 4 games if we decide to keep that cheater Holmes since he's suspended for using PED with the Cowgirls.

MechDX

Stolen from a Texans forum but it is exactly how I see it with one change:

QB: Schaub,Yates, Keenum
RB: Foster, Tate, Karim
FB: G. Jones
WR: Johnson, Hopkins, Martin, Jean, Posey
TE: Daniels, Graham, Griffin, Byrne
OT: Brown, Newton, R. Harris, B Williams
OG: W. Smith, Brooks, Quessenberry
C: Myers, B. Jones

DEFENSE
DE: Watt, A. Smith, Jamison, Crick
NT: Mitchell, McClain
OLB: B. Reed, Mercilus, Braman, W. Jefferson, Montgomery, T Williams
ILB: Cushing, Mays, Sharpton, Dobbins
CB: Joseph, Jackson, McCain, B. Harris, Bouye
S: Reed, Manning, Swearinger, Keo

SPECIAL TEAMS
K: Bullock
P: Lechler
LS: Weeks

Texans will run with 4 TE's. With o line issues not 100% settled they will like the extra body and also the 4th, Byrne, is from Wisconsin and Kubiak has a fascination with badger TE's.

Not big on running with 3 QBs on the 53 man but Case has shown flashes of what he is capable of and if placed on the practice squad he gets stolen within a couple of days.

I'm over it at this point, ready for the season to start, but I can't believe I never resaw this play or moment from the superbowl. Is that Ray Rice shoving a ref really hard? How is this not an immediate ejection?
refshove.gif

Colasante

Raiders final 53:

Offense:

Defense:

ST:

By my count there are, what, seven very talented players on the roster? Veldheer, Denarius Moore, Sio Moore, DJ Hayden, Janikowkski, Branch and Houston. Not even sure Moore deserves that label anymore. Raiders fans don't deserve this.

Top Bottom