• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

Godslay

Banned
Damn I missed that Kolb was injured. He's like the guy that won't get a job and continues to claim unemployment, but for millions of dollars.

Quick thoughts.

Jarvis Jones is a stud. Lots of complaints from Steeler Nation but the dude finds the ball. In 3 games, 1 Fumble Recovery, 1 Forced Fumble, 1 Interception (reversed by penalty) Dude is going to be special and I won't be surprised if he wins the start over Worilds.

William Gay needs to be cut. 1 touchdown given up in all three preseason games. His first tour he had the smarts but not the physicality. Now he doesn't have anything. Give it to Ike and C. Allen, let Sharknado take the nickel. Bryant McFadden got cut for much less than this.

McClendon should have started last year. Dude is disruptive and just opens shit up for the rest of the team. I expect 45 sacks from the front seven just off his play.

Hood had a great game. From Labriola:

In the first half, Ziggy Hood had 4 tackles, including one for loss on a running play, plus a sack.

Troy was electric. He was in 2008 form.

Cortez Allen is going to be something. This is his breakout season for sure.

Worilds....average. I suppose you can't ask for much more but he's vanilla ice cream. Expect 7-8 sacks to fall in his lap this season.

Alan Baxter made the practice squad at least with his play today.

Wheaton will make teams forget about Wallace.

Reggie Dunn will make this team on special teams. Moye is an outside shot too. Good hands, and tall than a mofo. Justin Brown will get practice squad, Woods, Gilreath, cut.

Dwyer...Don't think he makes it, unless Redman is out for time. The guy is a rockhead. Busts off big runs, but he can't block and drops everything thrown to him. He's this year's Max Starks though....team tries to get rid of his ass but the cat just keeps coming back....

Cards game sucks, worst they have played so far this preseason. I just want to see williams get some carries in the 2nd half. eager to see if he can salvage his job.

squicken

Rex is fucked no matter what he does. Sanchez is healthy? He's still Mark Sanchez.

Only difference is he'll get fired in week 8 as opposed to week 17.

It almost seemed like he wanted to give Geno enough rope to hang himself, then have Sanchez show well vs backups. Don't think he really understood the issues Sanchez would face behind bad OL

Rex looked defeated at the press conference. That team has more talent than some of the teams that will end up with better records

squicken

Jonathan Cooper laying on the grass, obviously in pain. Fuck.

:(

That was the one guy I wanted in this draft. Man I'm sorry.

edit: Looks like Weeden didn't do so well. Will need to see highlights, but this was the first week where he was going to get blitzed

edit 2: Why wasn't Cooper wearing knee braces? It's just standard gear for linemen

Bowser

Damn, Cooper wasn't putting any weight on his left leg...as a Carolina alumnus, really hate to see that happen to one of the greatest O-Lineman to put on a Tar Heel uni :(

squicken

The Steelers announced that rookie outside linebacker Jarvis Jones was taken to a Pittsburgh hospital after the game to examine a chest injury. The first-round pick left the game in the fourth quarter shortly after intercepting a pass that was later called back by penalty.

Jones didn't start Saturday's game, but was on the field in Pittsburgh's second series. He has been competing with Jason Worilds for the starting job opposite Lamarr Woodley. Jones is Pittsburgh's best chance for an improved pass rush this year.

Mindlog

I got drunk with friends and family.
I saw my team win (Rays.)
I don't even care that my quarterback went six for sixteen in a preseason game.

Wait, six for fucking sixteen?
Come from behind (sole) passing TD against the Dolphins from Mike fucking Glennon?

Wait... He was sacked FIVE fucking times?

Still winning the super bowl this year so I guess I should stay calm. Just erase the DVR.

I got drunk with friends and family.
I saw my team win (Rays.)
I don't even care that my quarterback went six for sixteen in a preseason game.

Wait, six for fucking sixteen?
Come from behind (sole) passing TD against the Dolphins from Mike fucking Glennon?

Wait... He was sacked FIVE fucking times?

Still winning the super bowl this year so I guess I should stay calm. Just erase the DVR.
How can you stand to watch DVR sports? Your a better man then I am.

Owzers

lol at Rex saying he put in Sanchez to win the game. It was a preseason game.

watching him talk about being there to compete....it was fun. We're here to compete, we came to win, i don't know what all these other teams are doing, but you can't criticize me for wanting to win a game.

bionic77

Did they update Jones' status?
I missed the game and this is all I cared about as well (along with Bells health).

Saw some of the highlights. Still confused why they have OT for a preseason game that doesn't count for shit. And I still am not used to seeing Reid as the coach for the Chiefs.

Can't fucking wait for the real shit to go down. We technically have a pretty easy first 8 games, which worries me because we usually play like shit against shit teams like the Bungles and Titans.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
genosafety.gif

This was counted as a Safety, right?

Top Bottom