• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

Get off the ledge, man.

Well, it's one of the things that annoys me. We know we're not very good. Of course, our division isn't very good, so with some luck and some of bionic's magic we could go 7-9 and win the whole shebang.

On the other hand, if we're going to go 6-10 why not just go 1-15 and get the top pick?

Part of this is just me realizing that between my son's hockey schedule -- which includes Sunday afternoon practices -- and me deciding not to cough up funds for Sunday NFL Ticket, I'm likely not going to watch a ton of football this season. In which case, if they suck horribly I won't be witness to it.

Talon

Keith Bulluck maybe made 200 too many tackles.
What timing!
Former Tennessee Titans linebacker Keith Bulluck was arrested on a felony robbery charge after a cab driver accused him of taking money during an argument in Nashville, Tenn., early Sunday.

The cab driver, who called 911 at 3:50 a.m. ET, was waiting outside a bar for a paid fare when Bulluck, 36, approached him, according to a statement released by the Nashville Police Department. The driver said there was an altercation and Bulluck took a $100 bill and fled, according to police.

When officers arrived, the cab driver led them to Bulluck in a parking lot nearby and identified the former NFL player as the suspect, the police report said. Bulluck was arrested, booked into jail and released on $10,000 bond a couple of hours later.

Officers noted the cab driver's shirt and undershirt were torn, according to the statement, which also said Bulluck smelled of alcohol.

Bulluck is due to appear in court on Sept. 26.

Bulluck was on a broadcast crew for the Titans' preseason game Saturday night against the Atlanta Falcons.

When approached by WTVF-TV in Nashville, Bulluck declined to comment about the charges.

"I've been here for 10 years and this is what you want to talk about?" Bulluck told a reporter waiting outside the jail.

He retired from football in 2012 after playing 11 seasons in the NFL, 10 of them with the Titans.
Link

bionic77

Well, it's one of the things that annoys me. We know we're not very good. Of course, our division isn't very good, so with some luck and some of bionic's magic we could go 7-9 and win the whole shebang.

On the other hand, if we're going to go 6-10 why not just go 1-15 and get the top pick?

Part of this is just me realizing that between my son's hockey schedule -- which includes Sunday afternoon practices -- and me deciding not to cough up funds for Sunday NFL Ticket, I'm likely not going to watch a ton of football this season. In which case, if they suck horribly I won't be witness to it.
In the current NFL you don't need to be good anymore dude. It's mostly luck and timing (who is playing good at the end of the year).

No reason to tank unless you get a franchise qb or Lawrence Taylor.

Draxal

In the current NFL you don't need to be good anymore dude. It's mostly luck and timing (who is playing good at the end of the year).

No reason to tank unless you get a franchise qb or Lawrence Taylor.

This is the year to tank. Do we have to post Clowney's high school highlights again?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Jason La Canfora ✔ @JasonLaCanfora

Steelers LB Jarvis Jones scheduled to be released from hospital today. tests last night were inconclusive as his chest injury was evaluated
8:36 AM - 25 Aug 2013

Whatever that means.

Draxal

I don't know if you like CFB, but Teddy Bridgewater plays next Sunday. If he has a year like RG3 or Luck, he will go ahead of Clowney

His SOS will be too weak, Clowney is playing against the SECSECSEC.

edit.

This will most likely be a George Rogers vs LT moment. 26/28 teams thought LT should have gone first, fortunately for the Giants; the Saints were one of the two teams that didn't.

Bowser

buttfumble.gif

ibdeKkh7y4Qn5f.gif

?

squicken

His SOS will be too weak, Clowney is playing against the SECSECSEC.

edit.

This will most likely be a George Rogers vs LT moment. 26/28 teams thought LT should have gone first, fortunately for the Giants the Saints were one of the two teams that didn't.

But Rogers was a RB. It's a QB driven league. I'm not saying Clowney would go behind Stafford or Bradford (Aaron Murray). But if a QB this year just jumps off the screen like Luck and RG3 did, he will go ahead of Clowney. Look at the Texans. There's only so far a great defensive player can take you

JABEE

Lunchbox is putting in work in that vacation time thread.

45? i dont have the time to think that far ahead while im enriching

that car is nice, mines not that nice though, just a out of college gift to myself

nSSWE74.jpg

the view from our beach house

IcWBQ4A.jpg

our 2 boats

5FD4ear.png

pants im about to wear -

8MOJoAx.png

not much really :(. i dont have anything as enriching as laying back on a couch for 30 days in my life............other than my sandals! probably the only enriching thing in my life are these babes i got during my trip to michigan. Check my new sandals - link

but i would trade all this away even my sandals, just to lay down on my couch for 10 more days

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=78154013&postcount=285

you're currently posting from an computer running on an American OS, on an American run website, listening to American music, waiting to watch American movies, playing American games, watching the news to see what my country will do next to complain about America. Look around you, what are you using, something from Microsoft, Google or apple? are you worried about stocks in the Newyork stock exchange or are you concerned about the next American influenced media you will consume

those things don't get made during vacation time. we dominate this world because of our work ethic while some people prefer lying on the couch complaining. different cultures and perspectives on life and our one has served us well

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=78229445&postcount=371

Draxal

But Rogers was a RB. It's a QB driven league. I'm not saying Clowney would go behind Stafford or Bradford (Aaron Murray). But if a QB this year just jumps off the screen like Luck and RG3 did, he will go ahead of Clowney. Look at the Texans. There's only so far a great defensive player can take you

Just saying it's going to be very hard for Bridgewater to get that jump. Bridgewater is playing against a CUSA schedule this year + Kentucky (the bottomfeeder of all bottomfeeders).

QBs who get that jump usually get that jump because they played well against premium competition (the Oklahomas/Texas's/Oregons/USCs) he won't have that opportunity this year until a bowl game.

Godslay

Banned
Did you guys catch the end of the Broncos game? So it starts raining, and Peyton is bugging Fox to let him play. I guess Peyton had grip issues in the cold last year, so he wants to wear a glove in bad conditions. So it's all scrubs in the 4Q and Peyton wants to get reps wearing his glove. Fox is obviously not going to let him back in, so he starts taking practice snaps on the sideline and throwing passes in the rain. This after a first half of almost throwing 40 passes. A fucking machine. I watch sports to watch guys like that play

It was a thing of beauty.

I did get to thinking last night, the long Austin return and the Hillman turnover helped generate that 30 play/quarter pace for the Broncos. I don't think they will hit that speed regularly, unless the defense is forcing 3 and outs or turnovers. So I think my worries about a late season arm fatigue scenario can take a back seat.

Fantomex, add squicken to the Broncos.

I know he's said he liked Elway back in the day.

rando14

this post killed me:

i worked saturday morning today because the corporate tax deadline is coming soon and had to clear up some client details. OH NOES, NO VACATIONS AND WORKING SATURDAYS?!

-woke up, put on my new 98$ lacoste polo and drove my bmw to office...it enriched me
-the boss ordered breakfast from panera bread, ate that, worked for 4 hours and had a 65$+tip lunch with a co-worker....it enriched me
-came home at 3 and saw my new 170$ raybans were here. so wore those and gave my old pair to my sister, she was happy....it enriched us
-took my mom,dad,sister to a 165$+tip afternoon early dinner....it enriched us
-i will feed my girlfriend a close to a 100$ meal when we go out at 9pm, while my copy of saints row4 is installing....it will enrich us
-tomorrow we are going to long island, 120$ gas+beach parking+food i dont know, theres master card.....it will enrich us
-Monday morning i will go to work in my bmw wearing my new ralph lauren shirt....it will enrich me

then i will work 50-60 hours at my office so i can manage to do that again next friday. because doing those things enriches me, and to support my enriching i have to work

Lunchbox is so enriched!

DSmalls84

Falcons-Gaf,

Is our o-line going to be an issue moving into the regular season? 5 sacks from the titans kind of raises some cause for concern, and I would hate to see those thugs the Saints take the division again.

squicken

It was a thing of beauty.

I did get to thinking last night, the long Austin return and the Hillman turnover helped generate that 30 play/quarter pace for the Broncos. I don't think they will hit that speed regularly, unless the defense is forcing 3 and outs or turnovers. So I think my worries about a late season arm fatigue scenario can take a back seat.

That and Denver just doesn't hit big plays. Granted, Rams were playing Cover 2/3, but I think that's why Peyton forced that throw that Ogletree picked off. Both SEA and STL made him dink and dunk

Talon

Falcons-Gaf,

Is our o-line going to be an issue moving into the regular season? 5 sacks from the titans kind of raises some cause for concern, and I would hate to see those thugs the Saints take the division again.
Holmes looked overmatched at RT. Not that Clabo didn't get beat on speed rushes more often than not, but we were chipping an awful lot on the right side. Really wish Johnson wasn't hurt because I think he was actually an improvement over Clabo in the pass blocking department.

What's more concerning is that the pass rush left the secondary out to dry all game long. Just dreadful showing. Anonymous across the board.

Then again, it's preseason, so I'm not super worried. We've never done well in preseason with this regime. That said, I'm reminded of the 2009 season when we had to reshuffle the o-line after Week 4 or so after pass blocking issues. The only problem is we don't really have a swing tackle.

Godslay

Banned
Those are the speedboats? Bravo Lunchbox, bravo.

That and Denver just doesn't hit big plays. Granted, Rams were playing Cover 2/3, but I think that's why Peyton forced that throw that Ogletree picked off. Both SEA and STL made him dink and dunk

True. Although, I think Julius Thomas had Ogletree beat, Ogletree made a very athletic play to make up the ground and pull in the fingertip catch. It was good play none the less. I can't rewatch it because it's still on blackout.

TheJerit

Falcons-Gaf,

I certainly hope not...

holmes has been hit or miss, but its just so hard to tell right now.

I think a big thing to take away is that the falcons never create game plans for preseason, and if their recent history in the preseason is any indication, I'm not super worried at this moment. But godammit if we don't beat the aints in game 1, i need this one guys...

one positive note, I'm soooo glad Steve Jax is with us. It's going to be great what we'll accomplish with him.

Godslay

Banned
Here's what I meant Squicken.

Ogletree was beat, made up the ground, made a leaping play to tip and intercept the ball. Good play and recovery by him. If Manning places the ball a fingertip's length higher that's a catch and potentially a bigger play.

Also note how Chris Clark #75 is pretty much bullrushed into oblivion by Quinn. Amazing drop off between him and Ryan Clady, as expected though.

ibtf1yn6cqMwYg.gif

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Godslay, that ball is two yards under thrown. Peyton should have led him down the field. If he didn't have a noodle arm, that's a td.

Top Bottom