• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

squicken

Tampa is in trouble. Book on Freeman is clearly to send lots of rushers at him. All the sacks he took, MIA was sending 6-7 guys and he just holds it. Can't really blame all of it on the offensive line. It's what STL did to him last year and he just gets flustered. That fumble with no one around him was brutal. idk. Bad scene

Really impressed with Tanny. Phins fans will happy with that pick for the next decade. He doesn't get scared and is accurate in to tight windows. Going to be the biggest year over year improvement in the league

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Tampa is in trouble. Book on Freeman is clearly to send lots of rushers at him. All the sacks he took, MIA was sending 6-7 guys and he just holds it.
c4s_freeman121509_98586c.jpg

"I can't help it. Nobody takes my tacos from me."

WTF!!! Every fucking pre-season we lose a starting OL for the season lately. Out of everyone it had to be our savior. It's hard to type I'm so angry right now Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! We were starting to actually look like we had pass protection, now we're back to shit OL again, fuck! Mendy, Dan Williams, and Housler injured on top of that. God it's frustrating losing a key piece before the season even begins. I was really excited to watch Cooper play :(

WTF!!! Every fucking pre-season we lose a starting OL for the season lately. Out of everyone it had to be our savior. It's hard to type I'm so angry right now Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! We were starting to actually look like we had pass protection, now we're back to shit OL again, fuck! Mendy, Dan Williams, and Housler injured on top of that. God it's frustrating losing a key piece before the season even begins. I was really excited to watch Cooper play :(
Tank for Clowney time.

You know, this really fucking sucks.

Lets just pray to god the O line can somehow protect Carson better then they did this game. It was ugly to begin with. I'm now borderline nervous.

They were finally doing a decent job in run blocking tonight. I suppose both tackles are better than what we started with last year and whoever wins RG will be better than Snyder but Cooper was a real difference maker and it's saddening to see him out. OAK's OL isn't very good either so maybe Palmer will endure, I guess we'll see.

They were finally doing a decent job in run blocking tonight. I suppose both tackles are better than what we started with last year and whoever wins RG will be better than Snyder but Cooper was a real difference maker and it's saddening to see him out. OAK's OL isn't very good either so maybe Palmer will endure, I guess we'll see.

You know, maybe the chargers defensive line is THAT good. That's another possibility. I give them credit tonight.

You know, maybe the chargers defensive line is THAT good. That's another possibility. I give them credit tonight.

I just remembered someone thought you were perma'd haha Good to see that's not the case. You going to be around during the season? Stay the fuck out of other threads so you don't get banned.

gutshot

CR7uGME.png

I don't think whoever wrote this headline and blurb at NFL.com actually watched the game. Vick had some moments in this game, but for the most part looked pretty shaky. Foles looked much better (albeit against backups).

WedgeX

Banned
The Lions are reportedly shopping around for a wide receiver.

None too surprising since only Matt Willis has done anything as a receiver during preseason. And that was against backups. Broyles has been slowed during camp while recovering, Patrick Edwards has great practices and then disappears during games. Nate looked strong during workouts but has been invisible since. No one else has really made an impact. Curious what the team is hoping to trade for a wide receiver who can start. Kickalicious? Akers? LeShoure or Bell?

lols this guy's got no clue. Black white supremacist is easily the funniest shit ive seen on TV.

That show had so many great moments. The real world parody, Wu-Tang financial, anything with Charlie Murphy, Wayne Brady acting tough, it was definitely my favorite show in that genre ever. I really tire of how any time something gets popular people online have to shit on it. I have never seen it IRL, but you see it all the time online.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
People that talk about preseason football like it's a regular game should be water-boarded.

Yes! YESSS!!!

Yesterday for some reason was just filled with ridiculousness from my friends; some excerpts:

Them: Eli Manning was 8 for 20, not good...
Me: So what? It's Eli Manning and it's fucking preseason
Them: Yeah but who knows man?
Me: I do, he's fine barring some injury this year.

Them: So what if CJ Spiller gets more touches it doesn't mean Fred Jackson won't do better than him.
Me: Do you even know what Spiller's stats were last year?
Them: Doesn't matter him and Fred are going to split carries 50/50.

The Lions are reportedly shopping around for a wide receiver.

None too surprising since only Matt Willis has done anything as a receiver during preseason. And that was against backups. Broyles has been slowed during camp while recovering, Patrick Edwards has great practices and then disappears during games. Nate looked strong during workouts but has been invisible since. No one else has really made an impact. Curious what the team is hoping to trade for a wide receiver who can start. Kickalicious? Akers? LeShoure or Bell?

They need a compliment to Calvin for sure. He is the only receiving threat that can go over top. Dropsigrew, Broyles, and Nate are all short yardage guys. Scheffler is Jekyll and Hyde. It was encouraging to see the TE Fauria go down the sideline on that TD pass from Kellen Moore against the pats, though. But I'm just afraid they get desperate and do another Mike Thomas style trade.

But what does it matter? Reggie Bush is the messiah and will propel Detroit to 1000 wins this year

squicken

I'm of two thoughts on Carson Palmer

1. Isn't afraid to put the ball up and let his WRs go win 50/50 balls, which they are good at doing

but

2. Leads his WRs into kill shots from streaking DBs

Not since the IV. when I wrote my last post I wrote of Jarvis' injury and him being winded. Hope it's not more than that.

He went to the hospital last night for the chest injury

Yeah, after that they put him on IV drip. Nothing since.

Ah okay I hadn't read anything else. Saw the short cuts of the PITT game. Ben is still Ben, down to brutal shot on Dwyer TD

Man I feel bad for Rex Ryan. He seems so beaten down. He used to be great with the media but now it looks like such a fight for him. The Jets really should have just fired him. If they start out 0-4 it is just going to be brutal.

We were actually pretty good at pass protection last year, I think we were rated like 4th in least sacks given. Carson does make his reads really quick and gets rid of the ball fast so that should help.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
We were actually pretty good at pass protection last year, I think we were rated like 4th in least sacks given. Carson does make his reads really quick and gets rid of the ball fast so that should help.

Except that Arians is going to call All Go Special at least five times a game.

MechDX

Its gameday! Heading out to Reliant in a couple hours where I will probably be surrounded by dirty Saints fans. If they start talking smack Ill just yell "Cause Katrina bitch!". What could go wrong?

Tampa is in trouble. Book on Freeman is clearly to send lots of rushers at him. All the sacks he took, MIA was sending 6-7 guys and he just holds it. Can't really blame all of it on the offensive line. It's what STL did to him last year and he just gets flustered. That fumble with no one around him was brutal. idk. Bad scene

Really impressed with Tanny. Phins fans will happy with that pick for the next decade. He doesn't get scared and is accurate in to tight windows. Going to be the biggest year over year improvement in the league
Pretty happy with the Dolphins performance last night other than the punt return team. Starting defense looks great against the run, and the d-line is getting consistent pressure on the QB on passing downs. The secondary even looks good for once, other than some bad penalties (applies to the whole team, really).

On offense I'm feeling good about Lamar Miller, he's explosive and he's more of a north-south runner than Bush which is great. I'm still a little concerned about his durability and ability to contribute in the red zone but overall I'm liking what I've seen. Oh yeah, his pass blocking has looked improved this preseason as well. I still think Daniel Thomas has a place on this team as a short yardage back but Miller is clearly the guy with the greater upside.

WR's look good. Hartline is still running curls like a champ, and Gibson seems to be fitting into the slot role very well, minus his drop issues. Wallace has looked good running an assortment of routes but I'm still waiting for the first home run throw from Tannehill.

Speaking of Tannehill, he looks great. Decisive, composed, and a rocket arm with ever-improving accuracy. He isn't afraid to take some shots on medium routes but he'll still do the smart thing and check down when there's nothing available. Haven't seen him trying to force throws very much, but when he does he's been fitting it into the window.

Tannehill hasn't been scrambling or running as much as I expected but I'm guessing that's just preseason playcalling in effect. I expect a lot more bootlegs and rollouts during the regular season. Tannehill is awesome at throwing on the run which we haven't really seen this preseason.

O-line looks good but not great in pass protection, and pretty good on running plays. Getting Jerry back is big and Martin is starting to look like a legitimate starter at LT. No one is talking about him anymore because he's performing so well. Biggest concern there is in the red zone where they seem to be losing the battle up front consistently. It doesn't lead to hideous plays but it does lead to plays that aren't very productive.

I'm still really worried about the TE situation. Charles Clay (Keller's replacement) can't run a route to save his life and he's got Jermichael hands (if not worse). Egnew is even worse, and Sims doesn't have enough raw talent to really contribute as a rookie. Tannehill will most likely have to rely on Gibson to open up the middle of the field more than previously expected.

Overall I'm feeling pretty good. Really looking forward to seeing what this team can do in some games that matter.

Greg

Its gameday! Heading out to Reliant in a couple hours where I will probably be surrounded by dirty Saints fans. If they start talking smack Ill just yell "Cause Katrina bitch!". What could go wrong?
make friends and tell them little known facts about their players

"Did you know Jimmy Graham used to play basketball?"

squicken

Did you guys catch the end of the Broncos game? So it starts raining, and Peyton is bugging Fox to let him play. I guess Peyton had grip issues in the cold last year, so he wants to wear a glove in bad conditions. So it's all scrubs in the 4Q and Peyton wants to get reps wearing his glove. Fox is obviously not going to let him back in, so he starts taking practice snaps on the sideline and throwing passes in the rain. This after a first half of almost throwing 40 passes. A fucking machine. I watch sports to watch guys like that play

Tom Penny

:lol

As if they had a shot with a healthy Sanchez. That team is a joke. You are lucky that you play in a division where the Jets are your biggest rival.

I don't even consider Jets a rival. That was manufactured when Parcells went there then of course Rex. Miami was the better team and far more of the challenge for well over a decade. Pats went years unable to beat Miami in Miami until their kicker shanked a kick and Troy Brown iced them.

I don't even consider Jets a rival. That was manufactured when Parcells went there then of course Rex. Miami was the better team and far more of the challenge for well over a decade. Pats went years unable to beat Miami in Miami until their kicker shanked a kick and Troy Brown iced them.
Steelers fans around here have settled into this habit where they whine about how awesome their division is because their team has gotten worse. Whining about how horrible the AFC East is is just another part of that.

bionic77

Steelers fans around here have settled into this habit where they whine about how awesome their division is because their team has gotten worse. Whining about how horrible the AFC East is is just another part of that.
Steelers Ravens has been objectively the best rivalry in football for awhile.

I agree they the rest of the division is Garbo but it is a higher quality I garbage than what you see in the East!

Top Bottom