• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

1izAXqgl.jpg

minx

Don't post fantasy teams asking how you did if you aren't going to state how many teams are in the league. Only the most important thing. Ah durr I got AP, Spiller, Sjax, Julio, Cobb, Brees how did I do? Oh I didn't mention it was a 6 team league? Fucking idiots.

Tamanon

Banned
One more thing to cross off my bucket, held a dead fetus in my hands. Looked like an alien.

It fucking sucked I bet. I remember how much I hated those situations when I was a medic in the Air Force many years ago. I was on the death watch, so any time someone died in the hospital, me and the chaplain had to go and get everything sorted out.

Having to ask a mom who just had a stillborn if they wanted to name the child for the death certificate was always heartbreaking.

It fucking sucked I bet. I remember how much I hated those situations when I was a medic in the Air Force many years ago. I was on the death watch, so any time someone died in the hospital, me and the chaplain had to go and get everything sorted out.

Having to ask a mom who just had a stillborn if they wanted to name the child for the death certificate was always heartbreaking.

Damn...

I highly doubt I would be able to do that. Respect.

DSmalls84

What's the general thought on SJax on Atlanta? I chose him over Bush and I'm starting to think I made a huge mistake

If you chose him over Reggie Bush it's hard to say who will have a better year. Michael Turner even in a down year posted 800 yards and 10-12 touchdowns last year. S Jax has posted 1000 yard seasons for years in a much worse St. Louis offense, and unlike Turner he is a threat to catch it out of backfield. I think both will do well with Bush having more upside, and S Jax being less of an injury risk. The biggest concern with Bush will be him moving back to turf as he seemed to stay injured in New Orleans.

Damn.

Why are you fretting over fourth round picks?

you worry about everything when money is on the line babe <3

If you chose him over Reggie Bush it's hard to say who will have a better year. Michael Turner even in a down year posted 800 yards and 10-12 touchdowns last year. S Jax has posted 1000 yard seasons for years in a much worse St. Louis offense, and unlike Turner he is a threat to catch it out of backfield. I think both will do well with Bush having more upside, and S Jax being less of an injury risk. The biggest concern with Bush will be him moving back to turf as he seemed to stay injured in New Orleans.

nice writeup, thanks

Don't post fantasy teams asking how you did if you aren't going to state how many teams are in the league. Only the most important thing. Ah durr I got AP, Spiller, Sjax, Julio, Cobb, Brees how did I do? Oh I didn't mention it was a 6 team league? Fucking idiots.
DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNN coming out spitting hot fire. I like it! FANTASY FOOTBALL DRAFT IS ALMOST HERE!!!

DSmalls84

I love playing with people who feel like they have to fill out their starters before drafting more RB's and WR's. Watching defenses and kickers go in the 9th and 10th rounds of a 12 team league is so hilarious.

Lol I'm in a 12 man Standard and got pick #9 this year. I was stoked when I got Marshawn Lynch with my first pick and Ray Rice was still available for me with my second pick. Also got Demaryous Thomas in the 4th round this year. Sometimes I don't have a clue what people are thinking.

Bowser

Lol I'm in a 12 man Standard and got pick #9 this year. I was stoked when I got Marshawn Lynch with my first pick and Ray Rice was still available for me with my second pick. Also got Demaryous Thomas in the 4th round this year. Sometimes I don't have a clue what people are thinking.

lol wtf

DSmalls84

Yeah there were lots of weird anomalies in my league this year, and no mock draft could prepare me for it. Our only non standard rule is that QBs get 6 points per pass TD.

pick # 6 Matt Ryan
pick # 13 Russel Wilson
Hell S Jax was picked before Jamal Charles

I don't even try to make sense of it anymore.

Fox318

Jets cut Joe McKnight?

Fuck you tanny for cutting Woodhead. Another fucking USC bum.

Stop drafting from that pansy ass school people. They are nothing but frauds and fake tough guys that get promoted because of the weather and fake tits in the area.

Pssh.

I wonder if I'm more casual or nincompoop. Probably 100% of both.
I'm not trying to say I'm some fantasy god or anything. I make a lot of stupid decisions because of reasons like, "I like the Dolphins" or "Steve Smith has always seemed like a pretty cool dude." At the end of the day there is a ton of luck involved regardless.

I also place very little value in drafting QB's early, TE's, and D's. I'll wait on a QB and snag some guy like Russell or Andrew Luck down the road, but that could come back to bite me. I would never draft a guy like Jimmy Graham but who knows, he might be worth the early pick.

eznark

Banned
I'm not trying to say I'm some fantasy god or anything. I make a lot of stupid decisions because of reasons like, "I like the Dolphins" or "Steve Smith has always seemed like a pretty cool dude." At the end of the day there is a ton of luck involved regardless.

Definitely, but when you're drafting with people who don't follow football closely there is a tendency to overrate guys who are past their prime. Christ, in the MaddenGAF league whoever drafted SJax didn't even know he was no longer with St. Louis. It was CB probably. All Eagles fans are casuals.

And yeah who knows, maybe Jackson will be king shit and stomp everyone, but I wouldn't take him early. Lots of luck and volatility involved.

Greg

with a Bowie knife
:jnc

I can't help that I go after Packers players. I'm going to trade for Finley at some point.

And I feel responsible for Harrell getting cut. This is the first year I didn't use the name Graham Harrell Future.

DSmalls84

I also place very little value in drafting QB's early, TE's, and D's. I'll wait on a QB and snag some guy like Russell or Andrew Luck down the road, but that could come back to bite me. I would never draft a guy like Jimmy Graham but who knows, he might be worth the early pick.

Luck and the waiver wire. My first year in fantasy was 4 years ago and I ended up with a terrible team sans Philip Rivers, Calvin Johnson, and Jones-Drew. I lost probably the first 5 games in a row but still made it to the championship playing the waiver. There's always going to be a few awesome players that breakout following an injury each year.

Milchjon

I don't know, in the end I just AM a casual when it comes to FF. I'm playing mainly for social reasons with friendly semi-anonymous semi-strangers. I don't see the point in wasting 40 hours per year on research for a FF team like some guys (even in our league) do, especially if there's no money in it. It's for fun, and I don't care about losing those games.

I don't know, in the end I just AM a casual when it comes to FF. I'm playing mainly for social reasons with friendly semi-anonymous semi-strangers. I don't see the point in wasting 40 hours per year on research for a FF team like some guys (even in our league) do, especially if there's no money in it. It's for fun, and I don't care about losing those games.
If that's your definition then I'd say I'm a casual too. I do very little research beforehand and I think mock fantasy drafts are just stupid. I just go in with what I know from watching teams and keeping up with the news/this thread. Also, I don't ever want fantasy football to be the reason I watch games so usually I won't even check the scores much until afterwards. It's a lot of fun but I definitely don't take it too seriously.

Colasante

Damn, Stephon Gilmore out eight weeks. He was going to provide a great test for the Patriots' WRs week one. Really sucks for the Bills.

Top Bottom