• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

bionic77

58712c74-cf15-4e8b-a64c-7c4a3afb8db8_tumblr_ms4a16ZNmJ1r27kz7o3_1280.jpg
:lol

That is hilarious.

Do you honestly think that Best Batman would sully himself at the VMAs?
Get out of here with that garbage!

Bale is the perfect Bruce Wayne and while his Batman needs some work it still was better than Keaton's!

j-wood

Any opinions on my fantasy draft?

12 team league, standard scoring stuff on ESPN:

QB - Colin Kaepernick
RB - Alfred Morris
RB - Andrew Brown
RB/WR - Greg Jennings
WR - Larry Fitzgerald
WR - James Jones
TE - Vernon Davis
D/ST - Seahawks
K - Matt Bryant

Bench
-----------
Joe Flacco - QB
Shonn Greene - RB
Santana Moss - WR
Darrius Heyward-Bey - WR
Fred Davis - TE
Kendall Hunter - RB
Justin Hunter - WR

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Get out of here with that garbage!

Bale is the perfect Bruce Wayne and while his Batman needs some work it still was better than Keaton's!
Pfffft. Bale wishes he had the oeuvre of Keaton!
Talon taught me a funny word!

0340080_15085_MC_Tx304.jpg

220-221. Whatever it takes.

QB - Colin Kaepernick
RB - Alfred Morris
RB - Andrew Brown
RB/WR - Greg Jennings
WR - Larry Fitzgerald
WR - James Jones
TE - Vernon Davis
D/ST - Seahawks
K - Matt Bryant

Bench
-----------
Joe Flacco - QB
Shonn Greene - RB
Santana Moss - WR
Darrius Heyward-Bey - WR
Fred Davis - TE
Kendall Hunter - RB
Justin Hunter - WR
Doesn't look too hot, if you ask me. Colin and Alfred should be fine, but Andre Brown doesn't seem like a fantasy starter to me as Wilson will probably be getting the bulk of the carries for the Giants this year (not to mention their o-line issues). Jennings and Fitz are both huge question marks thanks to the QB's throwing to them. You spent high picks on your TE, D, and K didn't you?

Bench has pretty bad depth at RB and WR, to be honest. Sorry man, I'm just not really feeling your team.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Finally saw the Rex Ryan presser on Sports Center. I had flashbacks of Denny Green, Jim Mora and Herm. Over/Under on how many games till he gets fired?

Jets will unfortunately not be that terrible this year. I fully expect 7 wins or so which is the equivalent to a trainwreck of a season.

j-wood

Doesn't look too hot, if you ask me. Colin and Alfred should be fine, but Andre Brown doesn't seem like a fantasy starter to me as Wilson will probably be getting the bulk of the carries for the Giants this year (not to mention their o-line issues). Jennings and Fitz are both huge question marks thanks to the QB's throwing to them. You spent high picks on your TE, D, and K didn't you?

Bench has pretty bad depth at RB and WR, to be honest. Sorry man, I'm just not really feeling your team.

I was grabbing what I thought was the best on the board when i drafted. I had 10th and 15th picks in a snake draft, so pickings were kinda slim in a 12 man :/

Colin - 1st round
Alfred Morris - 2nd
Fitzgerald - 3rd
Vernon Davis - 4th
James Jones - 5th
Greg Jennings - 6th
Andrew Brown - 7th (Am I not remembering that he did very well last year, taking stuff away from bradshaw?)

LJ11

Just another idiot with talent. Idiot side won. Again.

That's what you hear, but I didn't see it even though he got very little burn. Well spoken kid too.

Couldn't beat press from what I saw. He should've destroyed the DBs in camp if he had talent, they're mostly scrubs outside of Gilmore.

Not sure. I know he had a TD in the game against the Colts and I read on Twitter that it was a mild surprise and that he had looked good in camp, so who knows. He might have just been a loser asshole attitude wise and the Bills decided not to deal with the headache.

Didn't look good in camp actually, the TD was on the goaline in off man coverage, just a slant. Easy stuff.

Had trouble lining up in the right spots. Seems like a nice individual on the surface, who knows.

DSmalls84

QB - Colin Kaepernick
RB - Alfred Morris
RB - Andrew Brown
RB/WR - Greg Jennings
WR - Larry Fitzgerald
WR - James Jones
TE - Vernon Davis
D/ST - Seahawks
K - Matt Bryant

Bench
-----------
Joe Flacco - QB
Shonn Greene - RB
Santana Moss - WR
Darrius Heyward-Bey - WR
Fred Davis - TE
Kendall Hunter - RB
Justin Hunter - WR

Looking at your team I'm guessing you reached a little to early for your QB and your defense.

The good:

Colin Kaepernick
Alfred Morris
Seahawks DST
Fitz

The Bad:

You're not going to have a ton of depth at running back or receiver. I feel like you are probably going to have to play the waiver game or get lucky with injuries to have a solid group of RBs.

Question Marks:

A lot of people Like Vernon Davis to rebound this year with the loss of Crabtree, but he is still a little risky imo. Has a tendency to disappear during the regular season at times. I really like the Fred Davis pick as a backup though, and you will probably be able to start him if VD is a dud.

Hope that helps.

Bowser

I was grabbing what I thought was the best on the board when i drafted. I had 10th and 15th picks in a snake draft, so pickings were kinda slim in a 12 man :/

Colin - 1st round
Alfred Morris - 2nd
Fitzgerald - 3rd
Vernon Davis - 4th
James Jones - 5th
Greg Jennings - 6th
Andrew Brown - 7th (Am I not remembering that he did very well last year, taking stuff away from bradshaw?)

Kaep first round?! Unless your league awards 6 points for passing TDs, that was a huge reach. Vernon Davis in the 4th round? lol dude what are you doing?

And Andre Brown had one good game vs an abysmal Panthers run D (I should know). Didn't do shit the rest of the year.

Jets will unfortunately not be that terrible this year. I fully expect 7 wins or so which is the equivalent to a trainwreck of a season.

rULL3.gif

Tom Penny

Colin - 1st round
Alfred Morris - 2nd
Fitzgerald - 3rd
Vernon Davis - 4th
James Jones - 5th
Greg Jennings - 6th

Taking a TE in the 4th not name Jimmy Graham who was obviously gone...was a huge mistake.If it's a 1 QB league you really over drafted Kap. All of that basically screwed up the rest of your roster since they were in the top 4 picks.

this_guy

Colin - 1st round
Alfred Morris - 2nd
Fitzgerald - 3rd
Vernon Davis - 4th
James Jones - 5th
Greg Jennings - 6th

I think you drafted Colin and Vernon Davis too high. Waiting to draft your 2nd RB in the 7th(!) round was a huge mistake.

MechDX

Leave-Miley-alone-GAF convinced me that this is actually the reaction to Lady Gaga. It's actually cropped to take her out of the pic.

And really, I'd agree. Gaga is the stuff of nightmares, while Miley is simply trying too hard.

Yeah but who cares, the picture is golden.

Fox318

If I was a Jets fan I'd be so mad at Rex for putting 2 time AFC Championship appearing QB Mark Sanchez in that game behind an invisible o-line. I still can't believe it happened. If you look at the "talent" surrounding Sanchez over the past few years it's clear that he has absolutely zero help, and it's obvious that Geno is not NFL ready in any capacity. Mark Sanchez is the franchise QB any team would love to have but for some reason the incompetent Jets organization has allowed the talent to dissolve around him, and they are now attempting to throw him under the bus for their struggles! It's insane!

What the Jets need to do is rehab Sanchez as quickly as possible and reinstate him as the undisputed starter of the team. This will allow his confidence to increase back to the levels we saw in his incredible playoff runs and will also help Rex secure his job for the foreseeable future. I just hope the Jets realize that Sanchez is not at fault here and continue to build the team around him. Unfortunately I'm worried that the agenda of their front office might get in the way.

A true cornerstone is irreplaceable and hard to find but it cannot hold up a building by itself. Hopefully the Jets will see the light and build a proper roster around Sanchez before it's too late.
I agree

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Kaep first round?! Unless your league awards 6 points for passing TDs, that was a huge reach. Vernon Davis in the 4th round? lol dude what are you doing?

And Andre Brown had one good game vs an abysmal Panthers run D (I should know). Didn't do shit the rest of the year.

rULL3.gif

Jets won 6 games last year. Not sure how what I said was totally unreasonable.

I'd love it if the Jets won 2 games this year. I don't see it happening, the defense will be good enough to carry the team to 6 wins regardless of the ineptitude on offense.

Colin - 1st round
Alfred Morris - 2nd
Fitzgerald - 3rd
Vernon Davis - 4th
James Jones - 5th
Greg Jennings - 6th
You waited until the 7th round to draft a second RB? That's pretty risky, man. My general philosophy in FF is stock up on RB's and WR's and worry about the rest towards the end. My last three picks are almost always TE, D, K.

Who knows, it might work out for you but I just get scared about picking up WR's who play on teams with bad QB's. Jennings in particular is a huge wildcard. Andre Brown was okay last season but Wilson was a rookie and looks to be developing quite nicely so I think he'll be the primary back in that system this season.

squicken

Jets won 6 games last year. Not sure how what I said was totally unreasonable.

I'd love it if the Jets won 2 games this year. I don't see it happening, the defense will be good enough to carry the team to 6 wins regardless of the ineptitude on offense.

I think what will happen with the Jets is what happened to the Bucs with Raheem. Once a team gives up then talent level stops mattering

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
That's what you hear, but I didn't see it even though he got very little burn. Well spoken kid too.

Couldn't beat press from what I saw. He should've destroyed the DBs in camp if he had talent, they're mostly scrubs outside of Gilmore.

Maybe. He was having AJ Green/Julio Jones stats, at the same time those 2 were in the SEC. Fails drug tests (and who knows what) and gets suspended at Tennessee. Transfers to a small college and proceeds to dominate all the lesser talent at that level. Think he even had great Combine numbers.

All of this should prove that he has talent, enough to at least get to the final round of cuts, not to the 75 level.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Oh yeah, today it came to my attention that David Akers is now on the Detroit Lions roster.

Have fun with an all-pro superbowl kicker, Kas!

Furyous

The Jets cut Braylon. Do they hate him because of his New York essence? It's funny that 2007 was his best season. He's remembered for losing a contract thanks to a fight in Detroit.

Eleuin

Colin - 1st round
Alfred Morris - 2nd
Fitzgerald - 3rd
Vernon Davis - 4th
James Jones - 5th
Greg Jennings - 6th
Man I've never done ff before and even I know this was a terrible draft

ChanHuk

Banned
Wurst German is actually quite the compliment. Sausages are awesome and I love making them.

How are you feeling today?

You should try some Cambodian sausage, quite delicious, all beef product
As far as I know

I like you Wurst German, I remove the title of Worst German and transfer it back to that fake German Pats fan with the rich daddy.

Top Bottom