• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

bionic77

Steelers fans.

When Ben gets hurt who gives us the best chance to win, Landry or Grabasski?

I am leaning towards Landry. Brad is garbage and the only thing he was ever good at was beating the Steelers.

squicken

Damn, Stephon Gilmore out eight weeks. He was going to provide a great test for the Patriots' WRs week one. Really sucks for the Bills.

I was reading lots of hype around him early in preseason. It sucks, but good he will be back. The Bills goal was and still is to get better as the year goes on. Puts pressure on Byrd to get ready soon, though.

LJ11

Damn, Stephon Gilmore out eight weeks. He was going to provide a great test for the Patriots' WRs week one. Really sucks for the Bills.

Probably wouldn't throw his way anyway when you have free yards all over the field, no other CB on the team should be on an NFL roster, no hyperbole.

Team will be lucky to win 5 games.

Draxal

So how many Rutgers players are going to be on the Pats final roster? 5? (Francis/Beau/McCourty/Harmon/Ryan). Any chance that Juice Jones makes the practice squad?

MechDX

Finally saw the Rex Ryan presser on Sports Center. I had flashbacks of Denny Green, Jim Mora and Herm. Over/Under on how many games till he gets fired?

bionic77

Finally saw the Rex Ryan presser on Sports Center. I had flashbacks of Denny Green, Jim Mora and Herm. Over/Under on how many games till he gets fired?
9 games. They get their bye week 10. Perfect time to fire that fat fuck.

His last game will be at home getting blown out by the Saints, who will cheese the fuck out of that team which has probably already quit on him.

Colasante

I think he'll go the whole season, regardless of how bad their record is. Their team wasn't built to win this year anyway, so it's not going to be a shock when they start losing. I could only see him getting fired if Woody Johnson becomes bored and just wants to make a move to get the team in the headlines again.

So how many Rutgers players are going to be on the Pats final roster? 5? (Francis/Beau/McCourty/Harmon/Ryan). Any chance that Juice Jones makes the practice squad?

Probably 4. Beauharnais is in play for one of the last spots, but I think he's likely to the practice squad. I'm not sure Jones showed enough for the practice squad, but it's possible. Mark Harrison is almost certainly going on PUP, but I think this'll just be a red shirt year for him anyway.

I think he'll go the whole season, regardless of how bad their record is. Their team wasn't built to win this year anyway, so it's not going to be a shock when they start losing. I could only see him getting fired if Woody Johnson becomes bored and just wants to make a move to get the team in the headlines again.

If it wasn't New York I would agree with you. NY media are already flipping the fuck out over Mark Sanchez of all people. They're going to bitch and moan like crazy until Woody does something.

:jnc

I can't help that I go after Packers players. I'm going to trade for Finley at some point.

And I feel responsible for Harrell getting cut. This is the first year I didn't use the name Graham Harrell Future.

Blame Just Winz for having a modicum of talent even without knowing the playbook. Damn Graham looks the same as he did when he started here.

If it wasn't New York I would agree with you. NY media are already flipping the fuck out over Mark Sanchez of all people. They're going to bitch and moan like crazy until Woody does something.
If I was a Jets fan I'd be so mad at Rex for putting 2 time AFC Championship appearing QB Mark Sanchez in that game behind an invisible o-line. I still can't believe it happened. If you look at the "talent" surrounding Sanchez over the past few years it's clear that he has absolutely zero help, and it's obvious that Geno is not NFL ready in any capacity. Mark Sanchez is the franchise QB any team would love to have but for some reason the incompetent Jets organization has allowed the talent to dissolve around him, and they are now attempting to throw him under the bus for their struggles! It's insane!

What the Jets need to do is rehab Sanchez as quickly as possible and reinstate him as the undisputed starter of the team. This will allow his confidence to increase back to the levels we saw in his incredible playoff runs and will also help Rex secure his job for the foreseeable future. I just hope the Jets realize that Sanchez is not at fault here and continue to build the team around him. Unfortunately I'm worried that the agenda of their front office might get in the way.

A true cornerstone is irreplaceable and hard to find but it cannot hold up a building by itself. Hopefully the Jets will see the light and build a proper roster around Sanchez before it's too late.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
If I was a Jets fan I'd be so mad at Rex for putting 2 time AFC Championship appearing QB Mark Sanchez in that game behind an invisible o-line. I still can't believe it happened. If you look at the "talent" surrounding Sanchez over the past few years it's clear that he has absolutely zero help, and it's obvious that Geno is not NFL ready in any capacity. Mark Sanchez is the franchise QB any team would love to have but for some reason the incompetent Jets organization has allowed the talent to dissolve around him, and they are now attempting to throw him under the bus for their struggles! It's insane!

What the Jets need to do is rehab Sanchez as quickly as possible and reinstate him as the undisputed starter of the team. This will allow his confidence to increase back to the levels we saw in his incredible playoff runs and will also help Rex secure his job for the foreseeable future. I just hope the Jets realize that Sanchez is not at fault here and continue to build the team around him. Unfortunately I'm worried that the agenda of their front office might get in the way.

A true cornerstone is irreplaceable and hard to find but it cannot hold up a building by itself. Hopefully the Jets will see the light and build a proper roster around Sanchez before it's too late.
the_rock_clap_clap_gif.gif

izP1lLWHaaOGi.gif

That was beautiful.

Draxal

Craig Carton and his NY Morning Radio Show co-host Governor Chris Christie are big fans of Rex Ryan. Christie was pretty adamant in his defense of Ryan. And you know how Woody loves his fat guys.

LevelNth

Banned
So Baldwin looked damn solid for someone on the team for less than a week, and I won't be surprised if he vaults Marlon Moore to be our temp WR2.

Meanwhile Jenkins looked as weak willed as ever. Do not understand that guy, it's as if he just doesn't even want to play football anymore.

Milchjon

Some stuff I've only seen now:

-That Cards lateral was amazing.
-Just how dumb is Lavelle Hawkins?
-Wait, Kolb's concussion might be career-ending? Uh-oh.

Sanchez will be traded once Ryan is gone. Always felt like Sanchez was destined for Arizona.

So Baldwin looked damn solid for someone on the team for less than a week, and I won't be surprised if he vaults Marlon Moore to be our temp WR2.

Meanwhile Jenkins looked as weak willed as ever. Do not understand that guy, it's as if he just doesn't even want to play football anymore.

God we fleeced the Chiefs in that trade. I'm loving it.

Steelers Cuts.

Really only surprised by Sylvester going in round one, but guess they really love the young guys they have. Always thought Batch was going even before the Felix signing, that just made it super official. Gilreath was done the moment he botched those punts, but with Moye and Brown, that's good news. Plax going down also helped the youth movement at WR.

Got to see some of the Chief game and was happy the Oline played better, though, that was a rebuilding Chief team out there. But any improvement is good news. Really like Wheaton so far, can't wait till he cracks the number 2 position.

Even Chris Christie agrees!:

Gov. Christie on Mark Sanchez: “It seems like the fans have amnesia about this guy, Yeah, he was awful last year, but by the way, he had no weapons last year to throw to, he had no receiving core, he had no running game and the offensive line was below average. So what are you looking for from the guy? I think they’ve treated him awfully. It seems like they’re determined … and I think this new general manager (John Idzik) is just determined to play the guy that he drafted (Geno Smith).”
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/08/26/nj-governor-chris-christie-co-hosts-boomer-and-carton-show/

Question for Giants fans, how do y'all feel about Hakeem Nicks? Do you think he will be able to bounce back this year? This is just for fantasy purposes.

bionic77

Bravo.

Also, anyone know a good convents? I read about what Miley Cyrus did at the VMAs and I think it is best if I just remove my daughter from society in general.

DSmalls84

Question for Giants fans, how do y'all feel about Hakeem Nicks? Do you think he will be able to bounce back this year? This is just for fantasy purposes.

I'm not a Giants fan, but I like him this year. He's a talented guy and should be motivated to produce in a contract year. He is sort of a risky player due to injuries, but if you land him as a #2 that should mitigate some of the risk.

Really only surprised by Sylvester going in round one, but guess they really love the young guys they have. Always thought Batch was going even before the Felix signing, that just made it super official. Gilreath was done the moment he botched those punts, but with Moye and Brown, that's good news. Plax going down also helped the youth movement at WR.

Got to see some of the Chief game and was happy the Oline played better, though, that was a rebuilding Chief team out there. But any improvement is good news. Really like Wheaton so far, can't wait till he cracks the number 2 position.

Stevenson was guaranteed gone from camp. Guy can't stay healthy or beat Foote?

Batch....If only that guy could run.

I'm really hoping Moye makes the team. He's got fight and we need a tall receiver. He's better than Plax ever would have been for us. Hope he makes it.

bionic77

Stevenson was guaranteed gone from camp. Guy can't stay healthy or beat Foote?

Batch....If only that guy could run.

I'm really hoping Moye makes the team. He's got fight and we need a tall receiver. He's better than Plax ever would have been for us. Hope he makes it.
:lol unless you are the kicker, coach or qb you can't go far in the NFL without that skill/ability.

Bowser

So was the draft hype on his talent wrong or is he just a loser?

Not sure. I know he had a TD in the game against the Colts and I read on Twitter that it was a mild surprise and that he had looked good in camp, so who knows. He might have just been a loser asshole attitude wise and the Bills decided not to deal with the headache.

Top Bottom