• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

bionic77

WTF?

Does he have a long history of concussion problems?

It definitely sounds like he is done. I remember reading that his head was barely bumped and it concussed him. Once you start getting concussions by falling down then you need to find another occupation.

Fuck you guys I'm gonna post one of my fantasy teams. I didn't get a second RB for awhile. That was a bad mistake. Also made some bad end picks but there a shit ton of stuff in free agency it doesn't really matter. Feel free to rip apart!

Doug Martin - round 1
Aaron Rodgers (it hurt me to pick him so much but Brees got sniped the pick before) - round 2
Victor Cruz - round 3
Marques Colston - round 4
Torrey Smith - round 5
Andrew Luck - round 6
Ahmad Bradshaw - round 7
Montee Ball - round 8
Anquan Boldin - round 9
Brandon Myers - round 10
Dan Bailey - round 11
Sidney Rice - round 12
Martellus Bennett - round 13
Jacquizz Rodgers - round 14
Carolina - round 15

Waivers:

Shonn Greene dropping Martellus Bennett
Pierre Thomas dropping Jacquizz Rodgers
Washington dropping Carolina

edit: Why is there FF thread this year? I want to go bitch in there.

Sanjuro

If Kolb never plays again, he will go down as one of the most talked about quarterbacks who never earned an ounce of anything at the professional level. I'll never understand.

Fuck you guys I'm gonna post one of my fantasy teams. I didn't get a second RB for awhile. That was a bad mistake. Also made some bad end picks but there a shit ton of stuff in free agency it doesn't really matter. Feel free to rip apart!

Doug Martin - round 1
Aaron Rodgers (it hurt me to pick him so much but Brees got sniped the pick before) - round 2
Victor Cruz - round 3
Marques Colston - round 4
Torrey Smith - round 5
Andrew Luck - round 6
Ahmad Bradshaw - round 7
Montee Ball - round 8
Anquan Boldin - round 9
Brandon Myers - round 10
Dan Bailey - round 11
Sidney Rice - round 12
Martellus Bennett - round 13
Jacquizz Rodgers - round 14
Carolina - round 15

Waivers:

Shonn Greene dropping Martellus Bennett
Pierre Thomas dropping Jacquizz Rodgers
Washington dropping Carolina
Why would you take a backup QB before getting even a second RB? You people are crazy.

BigAT

If Kolb never plays again, he will go down as one of the most talked about quarterbacks who never earned an ounce of anything at the professional level. I'll never understand.

Bow to the king.

c01-sliine-11-4_3.jpg

Keylow415

Does it seriously? I don't see what's so hard to comprehend about a network giving more attention to larger markets.

But the team is a joke. Sorry jets fans. There is nothing interesting about the team and every day they talk about the like there special. The giants don't get half the coverage the jets get.

squicken

Bow to the king.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/ac1394dbdcca6a36cbf486633b129cd813095ac3/r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/USATODAY/gameon/2013/01/11/c01-sliine-11-4_3.jpg[/IM][/QUOTE]

top 5 worst post in the history of NFL-GAF. He had at least a role in a playoff run and victory. Kolb has literally done nothing other than steal money from the Cardinals

Bow to the king.

c01-sliine-11-4_3.jpg

Tebow lead the Broncos to the playoffs when it looked like their season was over for sure, and then he threw for 300 yards against the top rated pass defense in the NFL. I get that people dont like him but that was a hell of a season for such a young QB.

Had my draft over the weekend 12 team league

its a 1qb, 1 rb, 1wr, 2 w/r/t, k ,Def. 2 Defensive players lineup

1. (11) Peyton Manning
(Den - QB)
2. (14) Ray Rice
(Bal - RB)
3. (35) Wes Welker
(Den - WR)
4. (38) Jimmy Graham
(NO - TE)
5. (59) Darren Sproles
(NO - RB)
6. (62) Jason Witten
(Dal - TE)
7. (83) Joe Flacco
(Bal - QB)
8. (86) Cecil Shorts
(Jac - WR)
9. (107) Mike Nugent
(Cin - K)
10. (110) Cincinnati
(Cin - DEF)
11. (131) Devin McCourty
(NE - CB)
12. (134) Chris Givens
(StL - WR)
13. (155) Patrick Willis
(SF - LB)
14. (158) Brent Celek
(Phi - TE)
15. (179) J.J. Watt
(Hou - DE)

Greg

If I was a Jets fan I'd be so mad at Rex for putting 2 time AFC Championship appearing QB Mark Sanchez in that game behind an invisible o-line. I still can't believe it happened. If you look at the "talent" surrounding Sanchez over the past few years it's clear that he has absolutely zero help, and it's obvious that Geno is not NFL ready in any capacity. Mark Sanchez is the franchise QB any team would love to have but for some reason the incompetent Jets organization has allowed the talent to dissolve around him, and they are now attempting to throw him under the bus for their struggles! It's insane!

What the Jets need to do is rehab Sanchez as quickly as possible and reinstate him as the undisputed starter of the team. This will allow his confidence to increase back to the levels we saw in his incredible playoff runs and will also help Rex secure his job for the foreseeable future. I just hope the Jets realize that Sanchez is not at fault here and continue to build the team around him. Unfortunately I'm worried that the agenda of their front office might get in the way.

A true cornerstone is irreplaceable and hard to find but it cannot hold up a building by itself. Hopefully the Jets will see the light and build a proper roster around Sanchez before it's too late.
:jnc

DSmalls84

Yeah you fucked up.... I can't imagine why you would take all three WR's before your RB2 let alone a backup QB first...

Seems like a common mistake. I think a lot of people see QBs like Brees and Rodgers and just have to grab them early, but then realize in Round 3 that all of the good RBs are gone.

I have been guilty of this in the past, and even this year I got Andrew Luck in the third round as my starter QB just because there was a huge run on the QBs early in my league.

My 4 RBs ended up being

Marshawn Lynch
Ray Rice
Eddie Lacy
Giovani Bernard

How funny would it be if the Cards had Palmer, Sanchez and Leinart?

Seems like a common mistake. I think a lot of people see QBs like Brees and Rodgers and just have to grab them early, but then realize in Round 3 that all of the good RBs are gone.

I have been guilty of this in the past, and even this year I got Andrew Luck in the third round as my starter QB just because there was a huge run on the QBs early in my league.

My 4 RBs ended up being

Marshawn Lynch
Ray Rice
Eddie Lacy
Giovani Bernard

We're not talking about his starting QB, he took his BACKUP before a RB2. I don't think that's common haha

Also, whatever Brown fan named his team Garden of Weeden, that's pretty awesome.

I didn't see one so but Eznark said it's ok to post here.

back to Stafford though, for Lions-GAF...

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/08/23/refo-ne-det-preseason-wk-3/

It just baffles me, in part due to how much Stafford worked in the offseason; he was at the practice facility all winter and spring. But while Joquie Bell, who was also practicing all winter/spring, has shown a lot of progress Stafford seems to be devolving. Maybe the best thing for the Lions would be a losing season, so we can get rid of Schwartz/staff and bring someone in who can work on Stafford's mechanics.
Where is kas? I demand he appear and cast down such criticism with the power of stats! Stafford had one lame preseason game where HoF CJ didn't play?

IT MEANS NOTHING!

:kas

!

Worked for me the last two years but I'm not so sure about this year. Oh well.

Good luck! You're solid in most other places besides defense but you can just play by matchups each week for that position. Greatest concern is Bradshaw staying healthy. If he miraculously does, it won't be quite as disastrous as it seems. In the future though....don't do that.

Actually looking for trade prospects is a good idea. Starting combing through the teams and see who has a shit QB.

Colasante

Worked for me the last two years but I'm not so sure about this year. Oh well.

edit: I was banking on a RB falling but none did. Maybe Luck will be trade bait!

But you have Aaron Rodgers. In the best case scenario for your team, your 6th round pick will play in exactly one game for you, when Rodgers has a bye.

But you have Aaron Rodgers. In the best case scenario for your team, your 6th round pick will play in exactly one game for you, when Rodgers has a bye.

Your right. Good thing this was just a shitty one off league. The true league drafts next sunday.

I just hate having a bad backup qb :(.

DSmalls84

Your right. Good thing this was just a shitty one off league. The true league drafts next sunday.

I just hate having a bad backup qb :(.

Wait until later and grab Eli or Dalton if you want a decent backup. It doesn't really warrant having a high tier backup unless you pick someone who is an injury risk like RGIII or Vick.

JABEE

Definitely, but when you're drafting with people who don't follow football closely there is a tendency to overrate guys who are past their prime. Christ, in the MaddenGAF league whoever drafted SJax didn't even know he was no longer with St. Louis. It was CB probably. All Eagles fans are casuals.

And yeah who knows, maybe Jackson will be king shit and stomp everyone, but I wouldn't take him early. Lots of luck and volatility involved.

Bullshit!

:(

BigAT

top 5 worst post in the history of NFL-GAF. He had at least a role in a playoff run and victory. Kolb has literally done nothing other than steal money from the Cardinals

You've posted Bleacher Report and Peter King far more than 5 times.

At least Kolb would have made an NFL roster this season were it not for a recent injury, Tebow can't even get snaps in a preseason game and its only his fourth year. They have similarly awful career numbers, while Tebow has been talked about at least 1000% more than Kolb.

Top Bottom