• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

Patricia Traina @Patricia_Traina 38s

Boothe at center today. Brewer is at guard.

No way in hell was Cordle going to stay at Center after that performance. Much prefer Boothe there. We'll see how Brewer holds up.

Cards update:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 8m

On the #Cardinals front, Bruce Arians told reporters Jonathan Cooper had surgery for his broken leg. Could return with 6 games to go.

Cooper had a procedure done and now he 'might' make the last 6 games. By that point I doubt it'd be worth it and it would be smarter to rest him for the season but it's good to know that it's not as serious as it could have been. Heal up, Coop! Here's to a better OL next year! Arians actually made the comment stating that Brown will start until we find a better LT, I'm going to take this as a sign that we will actually try to address it in the future instead of pretending Levi is a future HOF'er ala Whiz. It's comforting that if we do win too many games to get Teddy or Clowney, there are a few good LT prospects coming out in the next draft.

Bowser

Panthers starting LG Amini Silatolu likely out week 1. Our O-Line is a mess. Thank god we scooped up Wharton, he's going from the street to the starting LG lol :(

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The NFL announced Monday that Jerome Felton was suspended without pay for the first three games of the 2013 regular season for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse. Felton was arrested for driving under the influence last summer.

Also, a good read from someone in the program. Here.

jakncoke

Banned
Ohio is a sea of stupid and derp. The mexicans on my floor(2 apartments) got evicted. Needless to say they had roaches. The landlord had a exterminator come in twice..only to those 2 apartments.. This is a decent amount of of apartments all connected.. how fucking dumb are you to just treat the 2. Now i have some and had to go tell her. embarrassing. Why wouldnt you treat a big area to contain the fuckers. If they get out of apt 1 and 2 and try to go to 3 and 4 its poison zone for them and if they even survive 2 levels, make a 3rd platoon ffs.

DSmalls84

Ohio is a sea of stupid and derp. The mexicans on my floor(2 apartments) got evicted. Needless to say they had roaches. The landlord had a exterminator come in twice..only to those 2 apartments.. This is a decent amount of of apartments all connected.. how fucking dumb are you to just treat the 2. Now i have some and had to go tell her. embarrassing. Why wouldnt you treat a big area to contain the fuckers. If they get out of apt 1 and 2 and try to go to 3 and 4 its poison zone for them and if they even survive 2 levels, make a 3rd platoon ffs.

Sounds like your typical cheap shortsighted landlords. My friends dad rents a house and instead of replacing a broke ac unit they just pump it full of freon biweekly to keep it cool.

JPP and Hynoski are practicing today. Both are recently off of PUP.

Corey Webster, Antrel Rolle, and Ramses Barden are also back at practice. Good sign as some of these guys have been sitting out for the last week or two. Rolle/Mundy as the starters at Safety as expected.

Louis Murphy and Demontre Moore still not able to practice. After a great opening game against the Steelers, Moore has been slowed by a shoulder injury which is unfortunate as hell.

jakncoke

Banned
Sounds like your typical cheap shortsighted landlords. My friends dad rents a house and instead of replacing a broke ac unit they just pump it full of freon biweekly to keep it cool.

That cant be cost effective in the long run. How much does freon cost?

Edit; lol Baron Batch among first cuts. not shocked. Not shocking cuts really so far.

DSmalls84

That cant be cost effective in the long run. How much does freon cost?

No idea. Apparently the landlords have some kind of insurance but the insurance doesn't want to pay to replace the unit. So they just keep sending repair guys out to spot fix a 20 year old ac unit.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
This winter threatens to be “bitterly cold,” with below-average temperatures in two-thirds of the country. That’s if you believe the folksy — but often, they claim, accurate — Farmers’ Almanac.

The almost 200-year-old almanac again comes out Monday, and the AP reports it’s predicting a harsh winter, one that could even bring a blizzard to the first outdoor Superbowl in years.

“We’re using a very strong four-letter word to describe this winter, which is C-O-L-D. It’s going to be very cold,” managing editor Sandi Duncan said.

The Almanac is also describing the coming winter as “piercing cold” and “biting cold.”

The Farmers’ Almanac predictions are based on the same analysis of sunspots and tidal action, largely ignored by modern meteorologists, that the publication has used since its first issue, in 1818. The publication claims it’s correct 80 percent of the time.

BSnn7_VCUAAkVnC.jpg

Ravens are trying to get some Tebow in them.

Stupid too, as roaches will end up costing her much more in the long run, both from cost due to repeated sprayings and bad word of mouth. Nothing kills rental rates faster than roaches.

Furyous

Jeff Tuel needs a bandwagon at least a Scion. He's had a strong preseason and wasn't invited to the combine. He has a chance for a career because he played at Wazzu and went 4-22. Godawful college QBs that didn't have draft picks around them fare better. Jasshole (Jay Cutler) proved through his status as the best QB of his draft class. Bears fans even you have to admit he's a jerk.

squicken

Nice work by the Bills in alienating their best player

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-...esnt-deny-he-has-asked-bills-for-a-trade.html

Byrd measured his words carefully. Asked if he had requested a trade, Byrd declined to take advantage of an opportunity to deny that he'd asked for one or to proclaim how much he loves being a Buffalo Bill.

"I'm going to leave the private matters of the business side between us," Byrd said. "But I don't really want to comment on other things."

Does Byrd think he can prove to the Bills how much he's worth with another great season?

Byrd was stone-faced.

"Do I want to prove to them anything?" Byrd said. "I guess in four years if I didn't, I don't know what I can do, you know what I'm saying? Their mindset is what it is.

LJ11

I mean for a team that has little talent in the secondary, you'd think they'd be tripping over themselves to lock the guy up long term. I know Byrd wants to be paid handsomely but what's the hold up?

They're run by fools.

I said it the day he was signed, and I'll say it again, Mario Williams was an irresponsible move by a desperate FO. Try and get hype anyway you can to sell tickets. They're not interested in building via homegrown players like they claim.

What kind of message to do you send when you sign Mario to a mega deal but stiff two All-Pro level players that have played every single game as member of your organization.

Byrd's fucked, he's going to get tagged next year too. Levitre gave this team all he had, never missed a game, and played C/G/LT without hesitation. Rewarded by getting nothing from the team that drafted him.

This year they over drafted a turtle head, slow as fuck to get off read 1 just to sell some tickets.

Disaster year after year.

Top Bottom