• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

LevelNth

Banned
Very curious to see what we got for Haralson. The Saints were crazy desperate so I will go nuts if we managed a 6th. This FO is unbelievable at maximizing the value on our roster.

Colasante

Only 4 NFL teams (Eagles, Cowboys, Bills, Dolphins) w/ no player drug suspensions since '11.Even w/ BioG, MLB has 20 teams w/ none since '11

Found this interesting less in the comparison to MLB and more in that the 4 teams with no drug suspensions since 2011 haven't been particularly good in that timespan. I don't know if it's a matter of correlation, causation, or coincidence, but interesting nonetheless.

brentech

You could just buy a good mini and get your own 27" display.

Also, surprisingly regular vanilla Norton Antivirus (not the 360 or internet suite or any of that) is very solid.

I just got a new Win7 desktop at work and I love it. Going to give Windows another try.

i7, 256 SSD with 2 gig mechanical HD for photos and media, 2 27" monitors, 8 gigs ram, Win 7 (not sure what version) and hopefully a smallish case. Not sure what mobo or graphics card.
Don't bloat with Norton. Any wise individual just uses Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) which is totally competent. And free. And light weight.

Its really the only way to go these days.

bionic77

Don't bloat with Norton. Any wise individual just uses Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) which is totally competent. And free. And light weight.

We have something called Sophos at work and despite me not going to any websites other than Google, Amazon, GAF, ESPN and Westlaw my computer gets shit on it every few months.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
chuckD I posted a message in our stragglers league. I don't know I made this request already and if you already once changed the draft time, but I have a wedding to attend in the evening so if the time can be moved back from 6pm to 4-5 pm it would be awesome. This way I can at least attend the first few rounds before I have to be at the event.

Let me know. If not no biggie I'll pre rank my players and let Yahoo pick.

I'm fine with whatever time, let's see if anyone else posts about it.

brentech

We have something called Sophos at work and despite me not going to any websites other than Google, Amazon, GAF, ESPN and Westlaw my computer gets shit on it every few months.
You sound like a bad Internet user. In which no scanner can fix. =O

That noted, MSE's only real problem is that it's not likely to find 0 day infections. It relies on its data updates, but because of that it won't give false positives very often. Its known to clean up well and like other scanners, runs fast if you got a nice PC.

bionic77

it flags Brady pictures as spyware
I wish it was that good. :(

You sound like a bad Internet user. In which no scanner can fix. =O

That noted, MSE's only real problem is that it's not likely to find 0 day infections. It relies on its data updates, but because of that it won't give false positives very often. Its known to clean up well and like other scanners, runs fast if you got a nice PC.
It's a work computer brah. It's not mine and I can't just go installing whatever the fuck I want on it.

I am pretty sure that most of the viruses I get are from emails from degenerate coworkers.

I wish it was that good. :(

Flag this, Bionic

tom_brady_vman_091807.jpg

Hunter S.

chuckD I posted a message in our stragglers league. I don't know I made this request already and if you already once changed the draft time, but I have a wedding to attend in the evening so if the time can be moved back from 6pm to 4-5 pm it would be awesome. This way I can at least attend the first few rounds before I have to be at the event.

Let me know. If not no biggie I'll pre rank my players and let Yahoo pick.

You were talking about Mountain Daylight time of course.

I may be on a drunken/high camping trip with some buddies. Hope I can make the draft, but this trip is pretty important. Otherwise, sounds good to me.

brentech

It's a work computer brah. It's not mine and I can't just go installing whatever the fuck I want on it.

I am pretty sure that most of the viruses I get are from emails from degenerate coworkers.
Thought you were saying you were building a new system, and then said you needed to figure out virus scanners. Don't shoot the messenger. Unless said messenger sends you a virus in an email. Which I'll stand by calling bad internet use.

When my mom/grandpa/(insert PC illiterate) sends me a mass email with an attachment, sure, read the email, but you don't go downloading that shit. Just asking for technical herpes.

Doomsayer

Very curious to see what we got for Haralson. The Saints were crazy desperate so I will go nuts if we managed a 6th. This FO is unbelievable at maximizing the value on our roster.

Looks like a conditional 7th rounder... kind of lame. I would've preferred to keep him on hte roster. This does open the door for some young guys though.

on one hand the saints got a pretty good player (better than any of their LB's on the roster) for a bag of chips.

on the other hand, it doesn't sound like haralson was going to make our roster so at least we got something for him. we save money and lemon party lemonier gets some valuable experience this year

cdyhybrid

lol @ a seachickens fan saying our receivers are bad. first off, boldin is better at 32 than any receiver in the history of your shitty franchise, and that includes fraud largeant. secondly, at least we don't continually get fleeced by the vikings and/or their receivers

I was talking about your QB having no control over his arm and throwing 98mph every play.

Doomsayer

on one hand the saints got a pretty good player (better than any of their LB's on the roster) for a bag of chips.

on the other hand, it doesn't sound like haralson was going to make our roster so at least we got something for him. we save money and lemon party lemonier gets some valuable experience this year

I don't think so, he has had a good preseason. He would be good depth, but he really can't rush the passer with any consistency. I think they like Cam Johnson and Lemonier as pass rushers, not run stoppers.

:jnc

The new NIN album is worse than listening to Packers fans trying to form a coherent sentence.

It's that bad.

Edit: French does it remind you of She Sells Sanctuary? I get weird vibes .

Bread

Banned
i don't know after hearing this fucking utter trash:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLQ68cKLT04

i'm not sure i want to hear the new album. this song is hilariously bad, i can't get over it
there are some really good tracks on it, it's worth checking out even if you hate that song.

The new NIN album is worse than listening to Packers fans trying to form a coherent sentence.

It's that bad.

Edit: French does it remind you of She Sells Sanctuary? I get weird vibes .
come on nothing is worse than sconis, let's be serious.

Vyer

At one time the bloat was true, but (at least with regularAV) as I mentioned its surprisingly lean these days.

And MSE has fallen off pretty steadily unfortunately. We're seeing it miss way too much at work these days for me to call it competent or recommend it as I once would have. Free is still a good price of course and it's better than nothing.

Top Bottom