• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

Sounds good to me! I love playing England but the slow defenders piss me off sometimes. That Van Persie move you put on me almost made me cry.

Dutch defense is fucking terrible. Not sure I can safe that sorry bunch. And the midfield has some slow old people on there.

The attack compensates for that though, although I think you're talking about Robben his move, cutting back inside and shooting it in the far corner. Van Persie was the one shooting cannonballs in the top corner :D

rando14

defense of the ancients is all google and urban dictionary bring up.

Seriously what the hell does it mean.

Defense of the Ancients (DotA) is a multiplayer online battle arena mod for the video game Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and its expansion, Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, based on the "Aeon of Strife" map for StarCraft. The objective of the scenario is for each team to destroy the opponents' Ancient, heavily guarded structures at opposing corners of the map. Players use powerful units known as heroes, and are assisted by allied heroes and AI-controlled fighters. As in role-playing games, players level up their heroes and use gold to buy equipment during the mission.

Talon

WarCraft 3 mod/map that was 5 on 5 hero-based team deathmatch. Sort of like the campaign when you were playing as Arthas or Illithan.

Cube Defense and DotA were the two big WarCraft III maps, but DotA got a life of its own. LoL happened and Valve poached one of the original DotA map guys to work on DotA 2.

Now it's a F2P game that's super competitive.

DSmalls84

3vlwp7.jpg

Anyone grabbing Madden for PS3 this week? Wouldn't mind having a few people to play online against.

Bread

Banned
WarCraft 3 mod/map that was 5 on 5 hero-based team deathmatch. Sort of like the campaign when you were playing as Arthas or Illithan.

Cube Defense and DotA were the two big WarCraft III maps, but DotA got a life of its own. LoL happened and Valve poached one of the original DotA map guys to work on DotA 2.

Now it's a F2P game that's super competitive.
tower defense games on WC3 were my shit, i played that all the time.

bionic77

You know looking at the kind of PC I am going to build it seems to be a lot closer to a iMac in price than I thought it would be. Then again I would only be interested in the 27" and that is a cool 1800. If only Apple put more effort into desktops I think I would have stuck around but for now Windows 7 seems to be the way to go. Still firmly in the Mac camp for laptops. Nothing else seems to come close for me.

Ugh have to figure out what anti-virus software is not total shit again. :(

Talon

You know looking at the kind of PC I am going to build it seems to be a lot closer to a iMac in price than I thought it would be. Then again I would only be interested in the 27" and that is a cool 1800. If only Apple put more effort into desktops I think I would have stuck around but for now Windows 7 seems to be the way to go. Still firmly in the Mac camp for laptops. Nothing else seems to come close for me.

NOD32 is aggressive but everyone's choice, right?
tower defense games on WC3 were my shit, i played that all the time.
I was the GOAT in WC3 Cube Defense (I think it was Winter V.33?).

Also, WC3 was the pinnacle of my nerdness. Started a clan and all that shit.

rando14

What parts do you have picked out so far?

I'm overdue for a new pc, last built one like 4 years ago, though it can still play virtually every game I throw at it

Bread

Banned
I was the GOAT in WC3 Cube Defense (I think it was Winter V.33?).

Also, WC3 was the pinnacle of my nerdness. Started a clan and all that shit.
yea i spent way too much time on WC3, never actually playing a real game of it though. custom games were pretty nuts on there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKrJmteK-iI
this is the kinda shit i would play all the time, some stupid theme to that basic TD map. i loved playing with a full team on that map.

Vyer

You could just buy a good mini and get your own 27" display.

Also, surprisingly regular vanilla Norton Antivirus (not the 360 or internet suite or any of that) is very solid.

WedgeX

Banned
So much riffraff, though.

Although PC-GAF is more sane than Console-GAF.

Dota, however, brings out the worst in people. Gaffers that I enjoy playing games with otherwise become monsters who yell and berate and act like a fool when dota begins. Hilarious listening to them play on mumble.

It's nerd basketball.

And pretty fun. Though voice chat is probably second only to nuclear fission if we're talking negative repercussions of an invention.

bionic77

You could just buy a good mini and get your own 27" display.

Also, surprisingly regular vanilla Norton Antivirus (not the 360 or internet suite or any of that) is very solid.
I just got a new Win7 desktop at work and I love it. Going to give Windows another try.

What parts do you have picked out so far?

I'm overdue for a new pc, last built one like 4 years ago, though it can still play virtually every game I throw at it
i7, 256 SSD with 2 gig mechanical HD for photos and media, 2 27" monitors, 8 gigs ram, Win 7 (not sure what version) and hopefully a smallish case. Not sure what mobo or graphics card.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

effzee

chuckD I posted a message in our stragglers league. I don't know I made this request already and if you already once changed the draft time, but I have a wedding to attend in the evening so if the time can be moved back from 6pm to 4-5 pm it would be awesome. This way I can at least attend the first few rounds before I have to be at the event.

Let me know. If not no biggie I'll pre rank my players and let Yahoo pick.

Top Bottom