• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

0FKPL82.gif

LevelNth

Banned
Lol some of the folks at Ninersnation are freaking out that we didn't get a 4th round pick for Haralson, a guy who hasn't played a snap since January 2012.

Some people.

Lol some of the folks at Ninersnation are freaking out that we didn't get a 4th round pick for Haralson, a guy who hasn't played a snap since January 2012.

Some people.

Poor babies.

Last week I read on a Steelers board that a poster would have preferred we drafted Mason Crosby over Lawrence Timmons.

bionic77

Thought you were saying you were building a new system, and then said you needed to figure out virus scanners. Don't shoot the messenger. Unless said messenger sends you a virus in an email. Which I'll stand by calling bad internet use.

When my mom/grandpa/(insert PC illiterate) sends me a mass email with an attachment, sure, read the email, but you don't go downloading that shit. Just asking for technical herpes.
I am going to build a new system and I have not built a PC in more than 10 years. When you are not making or using PCs for such a long period of time you get out of the loop.

I am currently a Mac only person except for the one PC they give me at work for the office. They gave me a Thinkpad 3 years ago and I was not a big fan so when they upgraded they gave me a new PC with Win7 and I love it. It was the experience with this work PC which made me decide to just built a new Windows machine for my next home desktop instead of getting a new iMac (and the lack of a drive on a home machine still seems crazy to me, I don't care if my desktop is 3 mm thicker because I am not going to carry it around).

I am still worried about viruses whatever GAF says. The computer won't just be used by me and all it takes is one stupid 12 year old looking at Pokemon flash sites and the computer will have AIDS.

Poor babies.

Last week I read on a Steelers board that a poster would have preferred we drafted Mason Crosby over Lawrence Timmons.
This person must never be allowed to reproduce.

witness

Very good trade for the Saints, only giving up a 7th and a low salary for a position that's been decimated. At least the defense can't be any worse...

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
My $99 Sunday Ticket order shipped and should be here today. Can't wait to redeem it!

Also is there really no Madden OT? Where do people talk about Madden on this forum?

Bowser

My $99 Sunday Ticket order shipped and should be here today. Can't wait to redeem it!

Also is there really no Madden OT? Where do people talk about Madden on this forum?

Before you open it, give this a shot:

Ok, I found a solution that doesn't require a VPN or any crazy DNS switching. Just a free Chrome browser extension called Hola Unblocker. I've been using it for a couple weeks now and it works great. Here's what you have to do:

1) Add the extension "Hola Unblocker" to your browser.
2) Go to the site: https://gamepass.nfl.com
3) Once there, click the "Hola Unblocker" flame and switch to the Netherlands.
4) The site will now reload, unblocked.
5) Now click a game. A popup will open.
6) Copy the pop-up link, and paste it in a new tab.
7) Wait for it to load, and start to buffer again.
8) Now switch Hola Unblocker "Back to US"
9) Site will reload and the video should start playing.

I plugged my laptop into my TV via an HDMI cable and watched some of the preseason games this past weekend. The quality was great and if you have a wireless mouse you can easily sit back on the couch and jump from game to game.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=77631241&postcount=127

I'm leaving my copy sealed and will try this out for the first week. If it works fine, I'm sending my copy back.

bionic77

Can I watch Sunday Ticket on my iPhone? I only have unlimited data on my iPhone. If I am traveling there is no way I can stretch my MiFi to last through an entire game.

Milchjon

You're willing to go through all that to save $100?

Takes like 3 minutes. So unless he's being paid $2000 per hour, it's worth it.

I'd be more wary of them closing that loophole mid-season, and then being forced to pay the full price instead of $100.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Before you open it, give this a shot:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=77631241&postcount=127

I'm leaving my copy sealed and will try this out for the first week. If it works fine, I'm sending my copy back.

Holy shit I can't believe this actually works. Wish I knew about it a few days ago before my order actually shipped.

Think I'll still keep the copy because its a lot easier for my dad to watch games on his laptop through Sunday Ticket then trying to explain to him this weird exploit thing.

DSmalls84

make the topic and be met with:

"LOL, SPORTS"
"ROSTER UPDATE 2013, LOL"
"2K IS STILL KING"

I used to think it was a glorified roster update every year as well until I started playing a ton of Madden like 3 years ago. In the last couple of years 11-14 there have been some pretty nice upgrades. Defensive players aren't useless anymore with ballhawk(if anything maybe too effective), the physics system and animations were overhauled, and this year the run game seems like it got a big boost (No falling down when you run into the back of your offensive line). Overall if you casually play the upgrades seem meaningless but if your really into it they are pretty substantial.

MechDX

Very curious to see what we got for Haralson. The Saints were crazy desperate so I will go nuts if we managed a 6th. This FO is unbelievable at maximizing the value on our roster.

The 49ers receive a conditional seventh-round pick as compensation, the Sacramento Bee reported. If Haralson does not make the team, the 49ers will receive no compensation.

Haralson, 29, who is entering his eighth NFL season is in the final year of his contract. He is schedule to make $1.15 million, a salary the 49ers negotiated down from $2.67 million in the offseason.

Damn a conditional 7th round pick if he makes the team. If he doesn't Niners get nada.

BigAT

The MaddenGAF league thread is usually the only place to really go for Madden discussion.
As long as you don't mind sorting through the Dota 2 discussion.

eznark

Banned
Madden is complete trash every year and outside of bringing back letting me pick how much I sell hot dogs for Tiburon did nothing but subtract from last year with this outing. They're shit tier along with Sony's MLB: The Show devs. Garbage game. No need to talk about it anywhere. Just talk about it here.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Sony San Diego is probably the best sports developer right now. Which pretty much means nothing, Maybe the hockey games are good, I wouldn't know because I'm not Canadian.

Greg

Madden is complete trash every year and outside of bringing back letting me pick how much I sell hot dogs for Tiburon did nothing but subtract from last year with this outing. They're shit tier along with Sony's MLB: The Show devs. Garbage game. No need to talk about it anywhere. Just talk about it here.
Wait, they brought that back?

I remember raising the prices to a dollar under the amount it said was too high. On everything.

Advice on a potential trade in my ten man league?

Essentially Victor Cruz or Pierre Garcon and McFadden or Sproles for Deymarius Thomas.

Roster:

QB Matt Ryan
RB Doug Martin
RB Shady
WR Brandon Marshall
WR Victor Cruz
WR Pierre Garcon
TE Owen Daniels
Flex Sproles
K Tucker
DEF St. Louis
BN McFadden
BN Montee Ball
BN Chris Givens
BN Andy Dalton
BN Cecil Shorts
BN Brian Hartline

He is starting Michael Bush as his number two back and I figure D Thomas would make my receiving corps real stout

eznark

Banned
Sony San Diego is probably the best sports developer right now. Which pretty much means nothing, Maybe the hockey games are good, I wouldn't know because I'm not Canadian.

Guess you haven't played this years Show. It's the worst game they've ever put out. An absolute abysmal train wreck of shit.

EA's NHL team >> OOTP Developments >>>>>>>> Tiburon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sony SD >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>whoever makes NBA games

LevelNth

Banned
There is literally no hope for this franchise anymore. In the last five years I've felt 10>11=12>13>14, which is just ridiculous. They have zero interest fixing the core problems.

Just like the entire videogame industry itself, Madden is dead.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Guess you haven't played this years Show. It's the worst game they've ever put out. An absolute abysmal train wreck of shit.

EA's NHL team >> OOTP Developments >>>>>>>> Tiburon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sony SD >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>whoever makes NBA games

OOTP is definitely the best, and yeah I skipped out on this years version of the show.

Guess I lucked out.

DSmalls84

Advice on a potential trade in my ten man league?

Essentially Victor Cruz or Pierre Garcon and McFadden or Sproles for Deymarius Thomas.

Roster:

QB Matt Ryan
RB Doug Martin
RB Shady
WR Brandon Marshall
WR Victor Cruz
WR Pierre Garcon
TE Owen Daniels
Flex Sproles
K Tucker
DEF St. Louis
BN McFadden
BN Montee Ball
BN Chris Givens
BN Andy Dalton
BN Cecil Shorts
BN Brian Hartline

He is starting Michael Bush as his number two back and I figure D Thomas would make my receiving corps real stout

My vote goes to Garcon and Mcfadden. Garcon was injured most of last year and if RG3 gets hurt his value is questionable. Mcfadden underachieves every year and never plays a full season. Cruz and Sproles are the guys to keep.

brentech

Playing the 13 demo, I thought it was trash. Then I tried to play 12 again and I just couldn't. The physics in 13 added too much nuance that I couldn't go without.

I guess I'm just an illogical dreamer and hope they'll right their ship with new consoles. Even though I have absolutely no reason to think they could pull that off even with effort.

bionic77

There is literally no hope for this franchise anymore. In the last five years I've felt 10>11=12>13>14, which is just ridiculous. They have zero interest fixing the core problems.

Soccer games are where it is at for your videogame sports. So fucking fun and intense playing with someone locally.

Been that way since like 2005.

Wish someone else could make football games and do something different with gameplay.

EA has 0 competition in the NFL genre, they don't give a fuck, people buy it anyway.

JABEE

They haven't even shown off what the Next Gen versions of Madden will look like beyond what they showed at E3.

Will they have all of the features? They have only released videos of Adrian Peterson practice mode.

They haven't even shown off what the Next Gen versions of Madden will look like beyond what they showed at E3.

Will they have all of the features? They have only shown off Adrian Peterson practice mode.

I thought that EA said during E3 that nextgen Madden would be feature complete.

bionic77

You are the only person who believes videogame PR.

In what way has EA earned any of your trust based on how they behaved with respect to Madden in the last 8 years?

I would say the same thing about Konami re: PES.

What EA deems as "feature complete" may mean nothing more than career mode/online franchise and done. No owner mode or any of the other additions. If they did make that comment, I'd take it with a healthy dose of skepticism until they've proven otherwise.

Top Bottom