• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

squicken

I try to keep in mind Safari when I'm developing a new website. But it comes after Chrome, Firefox, and IE 10/9/8 but before Opera.

Can you website designer people, you people, stop making the desktop version of pages look the same as the mobile version. Use the horizontal space!

Can you website designer people, you people, stop making the desktop version of pages look the same as the mobile version. Use the horizontal space!

Sorry the widest I'll go is 998px usually. Its intended for as many people as possible to use. Resolutions are widly different so we try to stay in the same ballpark with what our google analytics tells us. My company caters to older people and women, two demographics that don't usually have higher end computers. So we have can't do much cutting edge stuff. I don't have any html5 experience really (I did just graduate though). Gotta support IE 8/9. Ugh. It also makes mobile versions of the phone a little easier to use without having to build new stylesheets to detect mobile browsing. I would love to do that but at the current job I'm at I'm the only programmer on two sites, so its not happening for now at least.

Giants Thursday game update:

- Starters will play 12-15 snaps total. Even if Coughlin doesn't see what he wants, that's all they're going to get.
- There will be multiple offensive line combinations used throughout the game to get folks rep and see what they want to settle on.
- Demontre Moore practiced for the first time in two weeks but it doesn't appear as though he will play Thursday. Look for him to be there for the opener.
- Cooper Taylor will get his first preseason game reps this Thursday (no IR for him then which will likely change my final 53)
- QB order for Thursday: Eli, Nassib, Carr and Painter. Be nice to see Nassib get some reps with a better line in front of him.

squicken

What site(s) are you talking about?

This is from SBN's Rams website. They have such nice long form stuff, but their team pages can look awful. This is just one example. Lots of tech sites do this

tsteeuj5.jpg

gutshot

This is from SBN's Rams website. They have such nice long form stuff, but their team pages can look awful. This is just one example. Lots of tech sites do this

Well, for one, the banner ads on the sides of the page are the cost of doing business on the web. But more to your point, you really don't want your content area stretching much larger than 650px-700px wide simply because it gets difficult to read.

bionic77

Lacy future.
Someone @ BSPN wrote an article that really sucked Lacy's balls. Most talented back in the draft kind of stuff.

Because ESPN is so often wrong their endorsement is pretty much the kiss of death. Its almost as bad as a Peter King prediction.

Hopefully King continues to pick the Patriots and Brett Farve to meet in the Superbowl and ignores us completely!

squicken

Someone @ BSPN wrote an article that really sucked Lacy's balls. Most talented back in the draft kind of stuff.

Because ESPN is so often wrong their endorsement is pretty much the kiss of death. Its almost as bad as a Peter King prediction.

Hopefully King continues to pick the Patriots and Brett Farve to meet in the Superbowl and ignores us completely!

Bedard had a column praising Ben, but since linking to PK's site is worse than murder or slut shaming, I won't link it

Nobody even cares about the Steelers anymore. Its amazing how quickly theyve faded from the consciousness of the the general fan after a shitty year or two.

bionic77

Bedard had a column praising Ben, but since linking to PK's site is worse than murder or slut shaming, I won't link it
I had to use Google to find out who that fat fuck was.

I don't the look of his face and if he works for King he must be a moron.

The only question is now that MMQB has endorsed Ben is when he will get hurt.

:(

Nobody even cares about the Steelers anymore. Its amazing how quickly theyve faded from the consciousness of the the general fan after a shitty year or two.
No one ever cared about the Steelers. We were never the media darlings. And we like it that way!

I had to use Google to find out who that fat fuck was.

I don't the look of his face and if he works for King he must be a moron.

The only question is now that MMQB has endorsed Ben is when he will get hurt.

:(

He was going to get hurt game 1 no matter what, the only question is how well will he be able to play through it.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Dude can be pretty good, but he never got over the nagging injury bug. Think he was healthy for 2 or 3 games at Alabama (all at the end :lol).

Could very well be the best in this past draft (helps that it was an average quality RB draft).

bionic77

BULLSHIT. I've seen so much shit on TV about the Steelers over my lifetime.
We only get mainstream coverage when Ben rapes someone.

We haven't been the flavor of the month for a long time, and I would argue we never really were. Last year it was RG3. The year before it was our Lord Tebow.

The Steelers style of football is too boring to get that kind of coverage.

cdyhybrid

Gata rejoices

NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL 11m
Welcome to the team Mark. RT @M_Brunell8: So excited to join the ESPN team. Great opportunity working with great people.

Also sounds like the Giants are interested in Will Blackmon after the Hawks cut him today.

Bulk? Product issues? What happened?

Bulk mostly. My network is portable like hell what with a laptop, iPad, and phones that can do everything. I even have internet on the Wii U.

I only sit at the PC to do spreadsheet work now. No need to dedicate half a room to a terminal.

I'm gonna build a HTPC for all of my steam games and bust down my traditional desktop. It's a relic.

squicken

"The preseason isn’t just invaluable to rookies and practice squad candidates; it’s a testing ground for the starters. Want to know what we’re made of in Seattle? Watch our first defensive drive last week in Green Bay. Aaron Rodgers came out in a no-huddle—surprising to us, but not a shock after seeing it on film and playing Peyton Manning the week before. Rodgers found Jermichael Finley over the middle for 22 yards on the sixth play of the drive for a first down, and with our backs at the North end zone, we shut them down. Brandon Mebane got a stop and Rodgers threw incomplete twice, with the Packers settling for a field goal. Giving up three points was a net loss for us, but it was a small victory in moment of adversity; a real confidence builder. The game made us better as a football team, and in Seattle, we play every game like it counts, so I wouldn’t trade any of them. (People think that’s an exaggeration, but it’s the truth: It’s such a competitive environment under Pete Carroll; I’m an All-Pro and I still feel like I’m fighting for my job every day.)"

Furyous

Someone said no one's ever picked the Steelers to win the division.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They're favored to win this year... again.

cdyhybrid

Harvin, Scruggs, and Tharold Simon placed on PUP to meet the 75-player roster limit. Korey Toomer placed on reserve/non-football injury.

Top Bottom