• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

Spades

Evening guys. My wife and I are having a baby! We had our first scan today, so now it's official. We don't know if it's a boy or girl yet (next scan in 8 weeks will tell us), but it doesn't really matter as it'll be wearing aquamarine anyway.

cdyhybrid

Richard Sherman column: Pay Us for the Preseason!

Now, I hesitate to complain about money. We all make a really good living playing this game. Yet there’s a certain economic inequity at work here. Logically, if a Seahawks fan has to pay over $375 dollars for club seats on Thursday when we play the Raiders in the final preseason game, and the beers in the 300 section still cost the standard $8, and the owners are still pulling in near the same amount they would for a regular season game, why shouldn’t players get the same cut we’ll soon earn when the games count?

If teams believe these games aren’t relevant enough for us to be paid to play in them, charge the fans comparative prices. What would that look like? Well, teams will spend about $135 million on their 53-man roster this year—an average $2.5 million per player, per year. My $1,500 preseason check constitutes close to 1% of the average weekly game check. Using the same math (and logic) can you see any team or ticket broker charging $3.75 for that club seat?

Me neither, especially not when 74,000 Packers fans are willing to pay full price to see Aaron Rodgers play one quarter of football.

Evening guys. My wife and I are having a baby! We had our first scan today, so now it's official. We don't know if it's a boy or girl yet (next scan in 8 weeks will tell us), but it doesn't really matter as it'll be wearing aquamarine anyway.

Grats!

Congrats man. So many kids being born to NFL gafers.

squicken

Congrats bro! Shame about the Dolphins thing but otherwise good health to mom and kid

Spinluck

Congrats!

Greg

congrats to you and the wife!

image.php

''Congratulations on the parasite''.

CONGRATS

jmdajr

Congrats. Fatherhood is awesome!

SUPREME1

Banned

Did it look like a diamond ring?

Amazing. Good luck. Congrats!

Milchjon

Thanks to the possibility of this happening Minnesota just moved past Ohio in the states I would never want to live in.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=662961

Still not as bad as Florida though.

Minnesota looks great. I'm sure I could stand living and getting fat there.

Grats!

Also, I'm watching an Al Jazeera documentary that's shitting on American fast food that starts out with the unique Louisiana food culture. Looks like something every NFL GAFfer should love.

Pats GAF needs to have some kids.

Ain't gonna be me. I'm too young and poor for that shit.

Who's the oldest Pats fan here? He should sacrifice himself. Or Lunchbox, since he got that mad dough.

Dolphins gear looks pretty feminine so a daughter would be best.

But congrats, brother!

I meant because you are going to be forever alone. I have no idea how old you actually are.

How far along are you? You ballooning yet? You got extra feisty ever since you got pregnant.

bionic77

Grats!

Also, I'm watching an Al Jazeera documentary that's shitting on American fast food that starts out with the unique Louisiana food culture. Looks like something every NFL GAFfer should love.
I always heard Minnesota was awesome too.

But no amount of awesome is worth waking up to a wolf putting his jaws around your head.

And American fast food is death, but it is fucking yummy. And fuck Al Jazeera for shitting in Cajun fast food. They gave up Popeyes. What did your shitty country ever give us?

Milchjon

I always heard Minnesota was awesome too.

But no amount of awesome is worth waking up to a wolf putting his jaws around your head.

And American fast food is death, but it is fucking yummy. And fuck Al Jazeera for shitting in Cajun fast food. They gave up Popeyes. What did your shitty country ever give us?

Not gonna lie, I miss Popeye's. I've also watched that No Reservations ep Cajun food like three times.

Someone tell me wtf is Yahoo thinking with that dreadful new layout?

It's amazingly awful. Like I'd rather use the pure html page awful.

cajunator

Banned

Grats!

You gotta link to this?

Big PUP/IR update for a few teams. PUP means these players will not play in the first 6 games of the season for those unaware:

Packers:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 5m

Packers put 4 players on IR including Bryan Bulaga, DuJuan Harris, who can't return this year. PUP for DE Jerel Worthy & OT Derek Sherrod

Niners:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 41m

49ers announced that WR Michael Crabtree and WR Mario Manningham will be placed on the Reserve/PUP List.

Skins:

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk 55m

Redskins put Carriker on PUP, cut Trueblood

Seahawks:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 1h

#Seahawks place Percy Harvin (hip) on reserve/PUP list. Will miss 6 weeks, can begin practicing as late as Week 11. Then, 21 days to return

Cowboys:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 1h

Cowboys placed DT Jay Ratliff on PUP.

Finally, Panthers:

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora 1h

Panthers place Jonathan Stewart on PUP. so he'll miss at least the first 6 weeks of the season

Awesome news, man! My first is due in a few months so I'm right there with you. Nice to know I'm not the only one planning to populate the earth with an abundance of Dolphins fans!

Fantomex

Awesome bro. Try to enjoy the quiet and sleep, and going out to places. Or maybe just get as much done as you can now. It's hard later on.

bionic77

Even filthy Pat fans understand the greatness of spicy fried chicken. My wife's fried chicken is god tier. Sometimes I wish I was a fat fuck like Freeman who could eat fast food 8 times a week.

I am sure fried chicken is the one thing we can all agree on. Even that spaz Gata is probably onboard.

Even filthy Pat fans understand the greatness of spicy fried chicken. My wife's fried chicken is god tier. Sometimes I wish I was a fat fuck like Freeman who could eat fast food 8 times a week.

I am sure fried chicken is the one thing we can all agree on. Even that spaz Gata is probably onboard.
You think Freeman only eats 8 times a week?

HOLY SHIT!

My PS3 just fucking crashed or something! It froze and started beeping like crazy.

Had to recover files and now it's back up, I hope.

Top Bottom