• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

Fox318

I don't get this obsession with people wanting Gronk back early considering a non healthy Gronk has had a massive impact on how their season has ended 2 years in a row. If he missed the first 6 weeks to get right I wouldn't care at all.

Because the pats record in the first few games has been fantastic under cheats.

TheFatOne

I don't get this obsession with people wanting Gronk back early considering a non healthy Gronk has had a massive impact on how their season has ended 2 years in a row. If he missed the first 6 weeks to get right I wouldn't care at all.

Fair point. I think for me it's that I'm worried about the offense this year more than last year.

Tom Penny

Because the pats record in the first few games has been fantastic under cheats.

Yeah. All those losing seasons because of those first few games and bad starts to seasons. They should bring back Gronk for the Bills and Jets. I mean those are grueling division games.

So much for drafting him in the 7th

If he went 7th even on PUP it's stupid. Random TE + Gronk later is still the 2nd best TE in fantasy.

I'll be astounded if Gronk doesn't experience nagging injuries through out the whole season. I see him constantly re-aggravating it if they bring him back so soon.

Took Gronk in the first?

Damn straight. He's my boy, he deserves to get drafted in the first. But I also took Sudfeld, so I'm good regardless. I just want Gronk to be healthy in the playoffs just like Danny. We can win the division without them, we just need the Fins and Bills to fuck up (and the Jets to win like 5/6 games to not pick too early in the next draft).

Tom Penny

Damn straight. He's my boy, he deserves to get drafted in the first. But I also took Sudfeld, so I'm good regardless. I just want Gronk to be healthy in the playoffs just like Danny. We can win the division without them, we just need the Fins and Bills to fuck up (and the Jets to win like 5/6 games to not pick too early in the next draft).

JNC

Fun fact of the day:

The New York Jets have won fewer AFC East Championships than the Colts (5) and Bills (10) and are tied at 4 with the Houston Oilers, a team that last won the division in 1967.

Colasante

Fun fact of the day:

The New York Jets have won fewer AFC East Championships than the Colts (5) and Bills (10) and are tied at 4 with the Houston Oilers, a team that last won the division in 1967.

That's a beautiful fact. Just sums up the team perfectly.

Patriots cut DE Marcus Benard. Thought for sure he'd make the team as a pure pass rusher, but apparently they're good at this point with Cunningham, Bequette, and Buchanan behind the starters.

That's a beautiful fact. Just sums up the team perfectly.

Patriots cut DE Marcus Benard. Thought for sure he'd make the team as a pure pass rusher, but apparently they're good at this point with Cunningham, Bequette, and Buchanan behind the starters.

Weird.

He looked great throughout camp from what I read. Cunningham being able to play multiple positions gives him an edge over Benard I guess and they don't want to cut another high draft pick in Bequette right after Dowling.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Ted McGinn is suicidal this morning.

I feel like this may be the least minutes the Packers starters have ever played in a preseason. Does anyone track that stuff?

The snes and bluemax perms are utter bullshit. And I don't even like those guys!

I only knew Bluemax from the CFB thread. Everyone there said he got banned on the gaming side. I know SNES did.

Also Thad Lewis > 2004 Heisman Trophy winner!

We get to watch some real games this weekend! College football season I mean, start the hype trains!
Can't wait for the whole nation to witness the Hokies destruction at the hands of Alabama and their evil, worthless, scumbag overlord Nick "Dolphin ruiner" Saban. But hey, at least we're wearing these weird uniforms:

GayleBama.jpg

I'm still kind of excited.

Can't wait for the whole nation to witness the Hokies destruction at the hands of Alabama and their evil, worthless, scumbag overlord Nick "Dolphin ruiner" Saban. But hey, at least we're wearing these weird uniforms:

I'm still kind of excited.
What are your thoughts on Logan Thomas? People are still hyping him up as a relatively high draft pick even after the less then impressive year he had. I have to admit I was all on the Logan Thomas train at the beginning of last season.
I'd love to see him style on the tide.....wishful thinking I guess

What are your thoughts on Logan Thomas? People are still hyping him up as a relatively high draft pick even after the less then impressive year he had. I have to admit I was all on the Logan Thomas train at the beginning of lat season.
I'd love to see him style on the tide.....wishful thinking I guess
Honestly I don't think he's cut out to be a QB. He played at a high school 20 minutes from where I grew up (had friends who played against him, wife was in school with him) and he really never seemed all that impressive. At VT he has always struck me as a guy who would make a solid TE but just isn't cut out for the QB position. His accuracy is extremely inconsistent, he doesn't seem to have very good leadership skills, he has zero pocket awareness, he folds under pressure, and he can't read defenses well at all. He has flashed at times and had some truly awesome games but when you look at the total picture they look more like anomalies than the norm. Personally I will be happy when he graduates from VT and I would not want him on my team in the NFL.

Of course, I would love for him to prove me wrong and turn into a quality QB, but I said the same thing at the beginning of last season. I'm pulling for the guy but at this point I just have no faith in him.

EDIT: I should say, in Thomas' defense, the o-line was garbage last year, the team had bad WR's and RB's, and Brian Stinespring is a terrible offensive coordinator (finally replaced this season) so maybe I'm putting too much blame on Thomas.

Honestly I don't think he's cut out to be a QB. He played at a high school 20 minutes from where I grew up (had friends who played against him, wife was in school with him) and he really never seemed all that impressive. At VT he has always struck me as a guy who would make a solid TE but just isn't cut out for the QB position. His accuracy is extremely inconsistent, he doesn't seem to have very good leadership skills, he has zero pocket awareness, he folds under pressure, and he can't read defenses well at all. He has flashed at times and had some truly awesome games but when you look at the total picture they look more like anomalies than the norm. Personally I will be happy when he graduates from VT and I would not want him on my team in the NFL.

Of course, I would love for him to prove me wrong and turn into a quality QB, but I said the same thing at the beginning of last season. I'm pulling for the guy but at this point I just have no faith in him.
Hmm thanks for the insight good sir.

Also it'll be good to see a football team with a winning record in Ohio State. O-H

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Shannahan cant seriously send him out there at less then 100% again, right? Where the fuck is the owner in all this. He never should have come back last year and now they are going to let him start the season when they could let him train more and build up the strength in the knee more. I cant think of many more short sighted decisions then this.
You mean the one that puts player safety at risk because he's too cheap to maintain a proper playing surface?

LaMichael James out 3 weeks due to knee injury. I was kinda expecting this. Good thing Kendall Hunter is back.

James sustained a sprain to the medial collateral ligaments in his left knee in the team's exhibition finale against the San Diego Chargers, a source said Friday morning. The injury will not require surgery

Top Bottom