• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

That means... someone is watching us...

tumblr_ljivhiXuDE1qg64aho1_500.gif

They see everything

DSmalls84

Yeah, depth at RB is huge. If you get really lucky you will end up with three or four quality starters which can help you with trades down the line.

So what are your thoughts on the Dolphins going into this season? What are your expectations and biggest concerns?

wut

Lol I'm using a created QB for the franchise so they dropped Ryan as the back up for some reason.

Yeah, depth at RB is huge. If you get really lucky you will end up with three or four quality starters which can help you with trades down the line.

So what are your thoughts on the Dolphins going into this season? What are your expectations and biggest concerns?

Noted, I will stock up on RBs early then lol

As far as the Dolphins....if the offense can keep the turnovers low we have the defense to take us into the playoffs, but I can't shake the feeling that we will get in our own way like we always tend to do and end up 7-9/8-8. The loss of Keller really hurt our chances unless one of the other TEs really steps it up.

Lol I'm using a created QB for the franchise so they dropped Ryan as the back up for some reason.

Probably because they don't want to pay a backup that much.

Anytime you have new starters on your team in Madden, expect to be screwed because they are never given the benefit of the doubt when it comes to ratings.

Plus Donny is secretly SNES and overrates Tampa while underrating everyone else in the division.

Another TE is gone

@BenVolin Source tells me #Patriots have cut Jake Ballard
Sadly he would probably be an upgrade for the Dolphins at TE unless his injuries have just completely wrecked him.

As far as the Dolphins....if the offense can keep the turnovers low we have the defense to take us into the playoffs, but I can't shake the feeling that we will get in our own way like we always tend to do and end up 7-9/8-8. The loss of Keller really hurt our chances unless one of the other TEs really steps it up.
I agree, Keller would have been huge for the team this season and there is really no one there to take his place. Dion Sims looked okay in last night's preseason game (especially for a rookie) but he's still very raw and most see him as more of a blocker than a guy who can open up the middle of the field with his receiving abilities. Clay inspires little confidence, particularly after this preseason, and it's pretty obvious Egnew isn't going to pan out. Hopefully Gibson and Hartline will be able to make up for some of the production the Dolphins are clearly going to lose without Keller.

My biggest concern is the o-line, particularly durability, and Lamar Miller. I think Miller has the potential to be a solid RB but I'm worried about how the transition from situationally utilized rookie to every-down back will affect him.

Falcons released Brian Banks. Hope his NFL dream isn't over yet.
That sucks,man.I hope he makes it to the practice squad.

Edit:Glazer also reported that Falcons owner Arthur Blank was so impressed with Banks that the team is looking into a career opportunities to keep him in Atlanta in some capacity.

I agree, Keller would have been huge for the team this season and there is really no one there to take his place. Dion Sims looked okay in last night's preseason game (especially for a rookie) but he's still very raw and most see him as more of a blocker than a guy who can open up the middle of the field with his receiving abilities. Clay inspires little confidence, particularly after this preseason, and it's pretty obvious Egnew isn't going to pan out. Hopefully Gibson and Hartline will be able to make up for some of the production the Dolphins are clearly going to lose without Keller.

Yeah Sims looked decent but that was against back ups so we'll see come week one, I did like Matthews though (although again against back ups) so hopefully our WR core will take the pressure off the TEs and help Tannehill out, so many dropped passes...ugh

That sucks,man.I hope he makes it to the practice squad.

Edit:Glazer also reported that Falcons owner Arthur Blank was so impressed with Banks that the team is looking into a career opportunities to keep him in Atlanta in some capacity.

That would be really cool. I could see him being part of the community outreach arm of the franchise, especially to teens.

Cuts update from a few teams:

Dov Kleiman ‏@NFL_RealUpdates 12s
#Eagles release: Everette Brown, Antonio Dixon, Dennis Dixon, David King, G.J. Kinne, Matt Kopa

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 30s
When I was at #Texans camp, was told they were impressed by FA RB Dennis Johnson. Just cut him, though. Fumbles did him in.

Baltimore Ravens
RB Anthony Allen, CB Marc Anthony, LB Nigel Carr, TE Alex Silvestro

NFL.com has a roster cuts page tracking it all here:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000233304/article/roster-cuts-for-all-32-nfl-teams

Eagles also cut LB Adrian Robinson. They got him via trade from Pittsburgh.

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo 38s

Eagles' cuts include QBs Dennis Dixon and G.J. Kinne, as well as LB Adrian Robinson, whom they just acquired via trade.

BigAT

Wise advice to keep in mind today when you see big names getting cut.

Dan Graziano ‏@DanGrazianoESPN
In general, teams don't cut players because they're awesome and they want to give other teams a chance to improve.

Guys get cut for a reason.

Fantomex

Noted, I will stock up on RBs early then lol

Hi, I just wanted to say that I like you.

JABEE

I'm pretty sure this is a case of Doctor Andrews caving to pressure from the RG3, Shanahan and the Redskins organization.

The Redskins announced he would be ready for Game 1 before Andrews even gave them clearance. Andrews is just covering his ass, because he know that RG3 isn't ready. I don't know how you can play QB without exposing your knee.

I don't understand why everyone is hyping up the Redskins. The Redskins were not a great team last year. They were a middle of the road team that squeaked into the playoffs. Their starting QB who willed them to victories last season is coming back early from a massive knee surgery on a knee that has had the same surgery done on it before.

I remember how Donovan McNabb lost his burst after he has one ACL injury. RG3 is young, but if he comes back too soon from this surgery and injures it again, he's going to be screwed.

TheFatOne

Pats cut two TEs and of the remaining three, one is STD-riddled and another is nick-named Who.

Timmeh, that's who.

I don't see it. Pats would need a TE now and for the first 5-6 weeks of the regular season. If Tebow was moving to TE he would have done that already. I don't think the Pats are going to mess around with that experiment in the regular season, and I haven't heard anything in Pats camp that says he had snaps at TE.

effzee

Eagles also cut LB Adrian Robinson. They got him via trade from Pittsburgh.

Most cuts make sense. This doesn't. Why trade for him then? Super thin at LB could have used him for depth and special teams.

Everette Brown cut. :(

Antonio Dixon is going to be a player for another team. This sucks.

Yeah it sucks that you do lose out on quality back ups in this process.

Dixon can play but I think they think they have a similarly talented player in undrafted rookie Damian Square with obviously much more potential. Plus his Alabama Oline coach is now our Oline coach so it makes sense.

That's what you get for doubting my 53 man roster, Gata! You did this to Jake.

Not really a surprise though. He's just so damn slow. Apparently Daniel Fells was cut too, which makes me think Patriots are going to be claiming someone like Clay Harbor soon.

I totally called Clay to the Pats a few days ago.

Tom Penny

Took Gronk in the first?

It's a good sign he isn't on pup. Might even be back a little earlier.

I don't get this obsession with people wanting Gronk back early considering a non healthy Gronk has had a massive impact on how their season has ended 2 years in a row. If he missed the first 6 weeks to get right I wouldn't care at all.

Top Bottom