• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

squicken

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9615505/nfl-why-matthew-stafford-struggles-good-teams

Insider article looking at Matthew Stafford's 1-23 record vs teams with winning records. Some interesting stuff

On the other hand, the Lions have allowed 28.7 points per game to winning teams. That's the third worst among the 52 quarterbacks. Losman (28.4) is right above Stafford, while Cam Newton (28.9) is next to last. McMahon had the best record (12-6) because Chicago allowed a study-low 12.9 points per game. So while Stafford and Losman have similar records, Stafford had far superior stats and led his offense to 7.7 more points per game.

Detroit has only allowed fewer than 20 points in two of the 24 games. Both were games against Chicago, including one in 2010 that became known for the "Calvin Johnson Rule" game. Stafford left early that day with an injury.

For the studied quarterbacks, 66.3 percent of their starts saw their team allow 20 or more points. For Stafford, it has been 91.7 percent, which is only outdone by Jeff George (95.0 percent), who went 3-17 in 20 starts, with his team allowing at least 20 points all but once.

The other oddity helping to produce the 1-23 record is that Stafford is the only quarterback among the 52 to play all of his games against teams with 10-plus wins. He's never played a 9-7 team, which is how some quarterbacks were able to juice their records. For example, Trent Dilfer's 11-19 record included six wins over 9-7 teams.

Going 4 years and never playing a team that went 9-7 is kind of nuts

squicken

For those in the super-late FF league, I've sent out PMs and email invites. Make sure you check your spam folder. Yahoo FF mail seems to end up there

Any recommendations for a documentary on YouTube?
Not in the mood for animal/Giants/war/alien stuff, though.

I'm watching Superbad to feel better. Watch it with me.

Young Emma Stone. Nice.*

*Disclaimer- I have no idea how old she is in this movie

Edit : Just looked it up, she was like 18/19. We're good bros.

MechDX

Texans aren't saying anything but twitters are buzzing,

UDFA's Cierre Wood RB, Justin Tuggle OLB, Willie Jefferson OLB and AJ Bouye CB all made the team.

Really impressed with Texans scouts. That's a lot of UDFA making a squad and they all played really good in preseason and earned their spots.

Only two names I'm surprised to see cut so far, David Carter and Reggie Walker. Walker was a pretty good player on ST and Carter was good depth. I guess another guy Talley displayed more strength at the point of attack for the NT position and beat him out.

Cooper officially being out for the season is a bummer but at the same time, when the injury is serious enough to miss most of the season, you'd rather they just rest up and get 100 percent for next season. I think it will be less of a deal having him as a second year rookie as many players because he looked NFL ready right off the bat. He'll be just fine and a true anchor for our OL for years to come. Heal up Coop!

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Yeah no. Bluemax pissed off the last guy you'd want to piss off on this site.

I'm assuming thats Evillore. I really don't know what happened to either, I never ran across them other than the NFL thread and the CFB thread. I just don't argue with people on the gaming side and only a few of the regulars there ever irritated me, and one of them was banned (and a joke character I hope)

Milchjon

That's a bit long for a late night watch. Will look into it some other day.

I'm watching Superbad to feel better. Watch it with me.

Young Emma Stone. Nice.*

*Disclaimer- I have no idea how old she is in this movie

Edit : Just looked it up, she was like 18/19. We're good bros.

I never enjoyed Superbad too much.

Now I'm watching VMA stuff. Fucking lol at Kanye's censored last few lines. Like 90% of it was chopped out.

jbug617

Banned
So Rex wants Sanchez, the OC and GM wants Geno Smith.

@RapSheet: From Total Access: I'm told if OC Marty Mornhinweg has a vote in the QB competition, his vote is for Geno Smith… even if Sanchez is healthy

My PS3 is the latest model that was included in the 250 gb Uncharted 3 bundle. It's such a flimsy POS that has already started freezing on me and acting erratic. Going to send it to Sony after I beat GTAV but I don't know if it'll last that long.

It's probably the worst hardware Sony has ever built and that includes first gen PS2s. I get nervous every time I put a new game in.

L-O-fucking-L! I went through 3 PS2 due to the disk drive issue, no way is any other Sony hardware even close to how shitty that was.

So did I, and I thought no way something could come close but this latest model is pretty damn close.

I press a button on the console and a plastic piece slides across in a very awkward and slow motion. The top of the console disc tray latches onto something but I have no idea what. And its already been a couple times where it hasn't. These are physical problems. The console itself is a flimsy POS. Any rare time I move it, it feels like I'm holding a baby.

This doesn't include the random freezing I've gotten since either TLOU or Fallout: New Vegas were installed. Either way, I'm pissed and I have a one year warranty with 9 months to go. If the system keeps acting up its getting sent in repaired and I better get at least a $50 gift card. There is no excuse for such a cheaply made console especially when I spent $300.
Sucks.

I'm on an old school 20GB shortly after launch unit with my own 320gb HDD and I've had maybe three lookups total. One the first time I tried to start Resistance way back when and twice during The Last Of Us. Rock solid for me with tons of use. The 360 on the other hand was by far the worst console hardware Ive owned from a reliability standpoint and it got the heaviest use as my primary console for a good 4-5 years. I probably sent in the same console 5-6 times for RROD issues.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I'm on an old school 20GB shortly after launch unit with my own 320gb HDD and I've had maybe three lookups total. One the first time I tried to start Resistance way back when and twice during The Last Of Us. Rock solid for me with tons of use.

This was pretty much my experience with my phat. Until it suddenly died. TLOU hadn't even come out yet!

Sucks.

I'm on an old school 20GB shortly after launch unit with my own 320gb HDD and I've had maybe three lookups total. One the first time I tried to start Resistance way back when and twice during The Last Of Us. Rock solid for me with tons of use. The 360 on the other hand was by far the worst console hardware Ive owned from a reliability standpoint and it got the heaviest use as my primary console for a good 4-5 years. I probably sent in the same console 5-6 times for RROD issues.

Never had a single problem with my PS3 until last week when it jammed when I played Darkest Red.

And now it died. Can I start a GAF fund raiser for a new PS3?

MechDX

If that is true then cut him. Simms and McElroy could be the backups and its time for the Jets to move on.

I agree, obviously he is not going to contribute this season anyway. Could this form a rift that would push Rex out sooner?

If it makes you feel better show me the Texans stare.gif

So Rex wants Sanchez, the OC and GM wants Geno Smith.

It's all but clear Sanchez and Ryan are gone. Only reason Ryan wasn't cut during the offseason is so they could focus on replacing the QB first, and then the coach.

Hope you like playing in Arizona, Sanchez. It's where you are headed.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Congrats Deacon. Let me know when you've saved up enough cash to pay for my next visit to Heinz.

Never had a single problem with my PS3 until last week when it jammed when I played Darkest Red.

And now it died. Can I start a GAF fund raiser for a new PS3?

Best to disguise it as monies for your ailing mother. /TheModThatBannedSnes

Tenumi

Banned
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9615505/nfl-why-matthew-stafford-struggles-good-teams

Insider article looking at Matthew Stafford's 1-23 record vs teams with winning records. Some interesting stuff

Going 4 years and never playing a team that went 9-7 is kind of nuts

So, if I'm understanding correctly, its part bad luck and part defensive woes. And part statistical madness.

I mean seriously, do they have guys just looking up all these weird, obscure statistics day in and day out or something?

Best to disguise it as monies for your ailing mother. /TheModThatBannedSnes

Okay let me try this.

Bros, my mom needs a new PS3. If you could send me, I mean her, some money on Paypal that would be sweet. Also, if you got something extra, she really wants The Last of Us.

God bless

Narag

Okay let me try this.

Bros, my mom needs a new PS3. If you could send me, I mean her, some money on Paypal that would be sweet. Also, if you got something extra, she really wants The Last of Us.

God bless

Claim she has cancer and needs folding@home running to save her life.

squicken

So, if I'm understanding correctly, its part bad luck and part defensive woes. And part statistical madness.

I mean seriously, do they have guys just looking up all these weird, obscure statistics day in and day out or something?

I think it is more like, you see "narrative" on guys, like Tony Romo is a choker, or Stafford can't beat good teams, or Aaron Rodgers can't beat playoff teams. So instead of just accepting what the TV guys throw around, there now exists the ability to go beyond the easy explanations and find alternative, or superior, explanations

Top Bottom